The Student Room Group
Reply 9540
It's not like it's going to affect their title chase.
Misbah Imtiaz
Its a draw.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Something your team has yet to manage against Chelsea. Man City had a lot of luck in that game, if Leeds had that amount of luck in one match, they could beat Barcelona in the Champions League *slight exaggeration*
chats
what a save from James! :eek:

Congrats btw chats. :cool:
Reply 9543
mc_watson87
Congrats btw chats. :cool:

haha thanks :cool:
Reply 9544
NDGAARONDI
Something your team has yet to manage against Chelsea

lol :biggrin: :rolleyes: Don't worry, Chelski will soon taste defeat at the hands of Utd...
Misbah Imtiaz
lol :biggrin: :rolleyes: Don't worry, Chelski will soon taste defeat at the hands of Utd...

Next season in the League Cup may be...:rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Why because he's scored 6 penalties? I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything but I don't think he's anything special. He's not an international type player, eh's good in the Premiership because he harries defenders and takes advantage of their mistakes. That doesn't happen at international level. In a fully fit England squad I'd rather have Owen, Rooney, Smith, Defoe, Heskey, Beattie, and probably other people I can't remember. Vassell probably. Maybe even Kevin Phillips. Actually no, not Kevin Phillips.

Like TheWolf said hopefully he'll be able to adapt to International football and prove that he is a natural goalscorer, and can do it at the highest level. To be honest when i saw him last season in Division 1 i thought that should they come up then maybe be'd get the odd goal, but wouldn't manage to be prolific as it'a a big step up, and it's completely different style of football. He proved me wrong, and hopefully he'll be given a chance against Holland to prove he can do this aswell.

Also, why don't you think that Stuart Downing shouldn't start? Who would you start?

On todays games, Southampton were very unlucky. They looked very good today, way too good to be in the position they are in. The keeper should have done better with Beattie's, and to some extent Bent's goals. Other then that they looked very good and with Camara, Crouch and Phillips when he's fit i think they should have enough firepower to keep them up. Everton looked dire, but i can't see it lasting. They'll probably be back on form next week so don't start worrying about losing 4th spot yet AFI

For the first time ever, i think i love Man City. :p: Fair enough it's only 2 points and we're still 9 points behind but they showed that with good organisation and a bit of lucky it is possible to stop Chelsea. They did what they set out to do, and the save from James at the end is easily the best i can remember this season. great stop. Without Robben they looked alot less creative, hopefully he'll be out for a while. :biggrin: 1 man team, maybe? :wink:

Only bad thing was that the last result meant i lost on the predictions, but i guess Chelsea dropping points was more important. :biggrin: Congratulations Chat, and i'm going to beat you next week. :p:
Reply 9547
NDGAARONDI
Next season in the League Cup may be...:rolleyes:

I was thinking more 16th April 2005 :rolleyes:
Misbah Imtiaz
I was thinking more 16th April 2005 :rolleyes:

I doubt that. Be nice to win there, ready to see how Arsenal deal with it.
Reply 9549
NDGAARONDI
I doubt that. Be nice to win there, ready to see how Arsenal deal with it.

:cool: We will see.... thats all I'm saying...... :rolleyes:
Misbah Imtiaz
:cool: We will see.... thats all I'm saying...... :rolleyes:

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
Reply 9551
NDGAARONDI
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

I think someone needs to take their own advice

I will say just this - yes, Chelsea are likely to win the Premiership but I think Utd will make them go all the way. One slip up - and we will be there to make sure that they regret it.
Misbah Imtiaz
I think someone needs to take their own advice

Not at all. :biggrin:
Aston Villa v Arsenal - b (correct)
Crystal Palace v Bolton - d (wrong)
Liverpool v Fulham - a (correct)
Man Utd v Birmingham - a (correct)
Middlesbrough v Blackburn - d (wrong)
Newcastle v Charlton - d (correct)
Norwich v West Brom - d (wrong)
Tottenham v Portsmouth - a (correct)
Chelsea v Man City - d (correct)
Southampton v Everton - b (wrong)

6/10 for me...boooo
Reply 9554
Makavelli_07

Only bad thing was that the last result meant i lost on the predictions, but i guess Chelsea dropping points was more important. :biggrin: Congratulations Chats, and i'm going to beat you next week. :p:

whatever!!! we will see next week lol :biggrin:
Did Chats win then? :p:
afireinside©
Did Chats win then? :p:

Yeah. Damn him. He got 7, beating a few of us on 6. :frown:

I think we should do it for the International games. I can't wait until next week for revenge, too long. :p:
Nice one chats :biggrin:
Reply 9558
thanks all, let the rep come rolling in! :biggrin:
chats
thanks all, let the rep come rolling in! :biggrin:

A constructive use of the rep system to encourage activity within our thread. Silly question, whose idea was it?

Latest