The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
hehe - Everton gonna win n Saturday then!
After the amount of close chances against Man City, I'm sure Chelsea players will wish to set that right for the next match.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Yes, but prices have dropped since 2000/01, and is likely to drop even more, unless there is more competition for players, which would happen if people like Glazer succeeds in takeovers.
I greatly doubt that would happen if Glazer took over!
...Glazer wants United to make a large profit, unlike Abromovich using Chelsea as his play thing.
Yossarian
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Sven, Sven, Sven, Goran Erikkson.
He's a dodgy geezer,
But don't forget that he's from Sweden
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I greatly doubt that would happen if Glazer took over!
...Glazer wants United to make a large profit, unlike Abromovich using Chelsea as his play thing.
How do you make profit without investing?
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't really care if Glazer takes over Man United - still won't improve Newcastle
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
How do you make profit without investing?
He is nowhere near a position to match Ambramovich... simple as that.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just to remind everyone ,Mighty mighty Leeds are still marching onwards with a thrashing of Burnley at the weekend, play offs coming our way.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let's talk about the race to avoid relegation..

Can Southampton do it? Will Blackburn be dragged into the bottom three? Personally I think that, if Southampton play like they did on Sunday, then they will have no worries about staying up.

I can see West Brom and Crystal Palace going down, despite the fact that Crystal Palace are currently above the relegation places! It's been said before, but Palace really are a one-trick-pony, in that Andy Johnson is their only hope, and he's not enough to keep them up.

Oh.. and Norwich, for sure!

:cool:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Crystal Palace is too cool to go down!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Crystal Palace is too cool to go down!
Nah, they suck! Totally!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think any 3 of these teams could go down:

Blackburn - Not a bad side, but they just don't score enough goals. Unless someone decides to step up and start scoring regularly - Like Stead last year - then they could find themselves dragged into serious trouble.

Palace - They lack genuine quality. In Routledge, Kiraley and Johnson they have two good players, but other then that i don't see Premiership quality. There team spirit and determination will help them, though, and i think AJ might just score enough goals to keep them up.

Saints - Looked alot better in recent weeks and in Harry Redknapp they have someone whos been here plenty of times and done this exact job with alot of success. Crouch is in good form and the signing of Camara is a very good one, they finally have someone with a lot of pace who can get in behind defenders. Those 2 looked to have linked up well, and will be key to there survival. Also, Jamie Redknapp will have a big part to play if they're to stay up, i think.

Norwich - I don't think they have enough quality to play Premiership football. Huckerby has been impressive all season long, and has proved to me that he can cut it at this level. In Dean Ashton i think they have someone who, if given time, could prove to be a genuine goalscorer at this level. I just can't see it happening in time for them this season. They'll bounce back next year, but this season is just that little bit too far for them i think. They have the ability to fight until the end of every match, as they've shown, and that is what they're going to have to do if they want to stay up.

West Brom - They let in too many late goals. As simple as that. If they hadn't conceded any goals in the last 10 minutes of matches they would be 10 points clear by now. They just seem to lose concentration. Out of the 3 in the relegation zone they have impressed me the most so it's a shame. Gera has been very good all season i think, as has Greening. Earnshaw is good enough to play at this level, and has been playing well alongside Campbell. Kieran Richardson is also another good addition. It's just a shame they can't keep them out at the other end. It's going to cost them i think.

So, overall i think West Brom and Norwich are going down. I think 1 of the other 3 will join them, and i hope it's not Crystal Palace, although i can see them probably being the ones. I hope it's blackburn though. I think Saints will pull away.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wonder if Blackburn's lack of discipline will help them go down?
on_way_to_fame
Report 14 years ago
anyone going for the england vs holland match ?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
:eek: Robben got a broken foot...He'll be out for about 2 months!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
:eek: Robben got a broken foot...He'll be out for about 2 months!
He does seem rather frail. Reminds me about Liverpool's goalkeeper I think it is.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4237239.stm

Chelsea physio Mike Banks was hopeful that Robben could return at some point in March.
Obviously for upcoming fixtures involving Barcelona with Man Utd and Arsenal coming in April.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He does seem rather frail. Reminds me about Liverpool's goalkeeper I think it is.
How is he frail though. IMO, the way he plays football attracts mistimed tackles.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How is he frail though. IMO, the way he plays football attracts mistimed tackles.
Two injuries in a year now. Can we afford that? Duff plays similar but has not had such an injury, guess he hasn't had as many mistimed tackles. Do you think he'll be back for the return leg against Barcrelona?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I doubt that he'll be back for the return leg. Anyways, we should be able to do without him, as we have enough decent players that can replace him imo.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I doubt that he'll be back for the return leg. Anyways, we should be able to do without him, as we have enough decent players that can replace him imo.
People say that but I remain unconvinced. We're not quite a one man band as people have asked/suggested but he does play such a vital role. How about a third winger to recruit? Figo? Can't see Downing being sold.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.87%
Other (0)
0%
None (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise