The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
were Arsenal **** or did sheffield utd deserve the draw? why did bergkamp get sent off?
According to the BBC website it was for a shove. So it was either a professional foul/violent conduct or a second bookable offence? :confused:

Must see highlights...
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
were Arsenal **** or did sheffield utd deserve the draw? why did bergkamp get sent off?
Sheffield United definetly deserved the draw! ...Arsenal weren't that good tho, but Sheff Utd did play really well to keep them out for most the match! ...Sheff also had a perfectly legit goal ruled out!

Bergkamp grabbed sum dude's neck, pointed at him and then shoved him.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Then that deserves a red for violent conduct just like Rooney.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL gotta see that!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What was wrong with the goal that was disallowed? It looked legit to me but then I know bugger all about football.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Then that deserves a red for violent conduct just like Rooney.
I think it deserved a red, but they were debating it at half time (he shoved the dude's chest btw).

...No need to bring Rooney into it! ...Plenty of players have done it! :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it deserved a red, but they were debating it at half time (he shoved the dude's chest btw).
But it's off the ball as they say. Surely there is no dispute and that it is violent conduct? There is no need to have to injure the victim. Reminds me when a player got shown red when he did the 'touching heads' thing you see, not the head butt, difficult to describe....
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
What was wrong with the goal that was disallowed? It looked legit to me but then I know bugger all about football.
There was nothing wrong with it at all!

...Ref was pretty poor today, tho a draw was the fair result.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wonder what will Arsenal's line-up be on the replay.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Corruption.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sheffield United deserved the win. They played very well, and Arsenal were poor.

The goal was a legitimate one, and shouldn't have been disallowed.

The sending off was a definite Red Card, you can't raise your hands to an opponent and Bergkamp knows that. Stupid fool.

Oh well, at least they'll get the revenue from the replay. Can't see Arsene resting players for the Second leg, though.

Nice to see he included one or 2 English players today, at least it's an improvement.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Sheffield United deserved the win. They played very well, and Arsenal were poor.

The goal was a legitimate one, and shouldn't have been disallowed.

The sending off was a definite Red Card, you can't raise your hands to an opponent and Bergkamp knows that. Stupid fool.

Oh well, at least they'll get the revenue from the replay. Can't see Arsene resting players for the Second leg, though.

Nice to see he included one or 2 English players today, at least it's an improvement.
But I watched it and Reyes should have sent off too as he slapped someone across the face. It was shown from many angles and it was very clear. That Sheff goal was fine, the commentators said it wa a case of the ref evening things up cos Bergkamp had been sent off. Reff was a total waste of space.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is the pitch (Goodison) so rubbish today?
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Goodison Park has had a dodgy pitch for a couple of weeks now.

I was listening to the commentators before the game and they said that both Everton and United had ordered turf from Holland, and United had got it before Everton, so they couldn't do anything about it.

Lol, quite ironic, eh?..
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What kind of idiot throws their mobile phone?
1. You lose your phone.
2. It's easy to identify who's phone it is (and although it's possible that the thrower was not the owner, you could probably find out pretty accurately where the phone was thrown from).
3. You could do some real damage to the person struck, especially with more heavy phones. It'd be like throwing a stone! Or a coin! (I think a coin was thrown as well)...
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
What kind of idiot throws their mobile phone?
1. You lose your phone.
2. It's easy to identify who's phone it is (and although it's possible that the thrower was not the owner, you could probably find out pretty accurately where the phone was thrown from).
3. You could do some real damage to the person struck, especially with more heavy phones. It'd be like throwing a stone! Or a coin! (I think a coin was thrown as well)...
You said it really AN IDIOT!!!! :eek:
streetfighter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought i saw the phone being thrown in the 1st half (although im not 100% sure). the coin hit caroll and you can see the man who throws it. it was on the 2nd or 3rd replay. to repeat IDIOT
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ach, get this game over.

Terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible

EFC for the champions league!:cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Goodison Park has had a dodgy pitch for a couple of weeks now.
I was listening to the commentators before the game and they said that both Everton and United had ordered turf from Holland, and United had got it before Everton, so they couldn't do anything about it.
Lol, quite ironic, eh?..
The pitch was scheduled to be resurfaced before this fa cup game, but due to man ure having already ordered the turf from holland (its a mixture of grass and something else.. probably marajuana..) everton were forced to wait..
I initially thought it was a tactical decision from everton as man ure and chelsea are arguably the two best passing teams in the premier league but it seems that it is totally legitimate..! ahh seems the plan didnt work!

anyway, what a bad bad game
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
The pitch was scheduled to be resurfaced before this fa cup game, but due to man ure having already ordered the turf from holland (its a mixture of grass and something else.. probably marajuana..) everton were forced to wait..
I initially thought it was a tactical decision from everton as man ure and chelsea are arguably the two best passing teams in the premier league but it seems that it is totally legitimate..! ahh seems the plan didnt work!

anyway, what a bad bad game
LOL man ure!!! U r funny. The pitch is appallling though. Shoot the groundsperson!!I think clubs should be penalised for having a bad pitch.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads