The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's still sticking with the Christmas tree isn't he? That's not going to work with Cole and Gudjohnsen. Still got a very strong team out though, it's just a lack of width.
lukeD
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I think he's sticking with the 4-3-3. It looks like Gudjohnson will be on the right and Cole on the left.

Mourinho's said in the past that he doesn't like 4-4-2 and since the 4-4-3 has worked so well this season, I suppose he doesn't want to change.
Unfortunately, Gudjohnsen and Cole are nowhere near as effective in those positions as Duff and Robben are...
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lukeD)
I think he's sticking with the 4-3-3. It looks like Gudjohnson will be on the right and Cole on the left.

Mourinho's said in the past that he doesn't like 4-4-2 and since the 4-4-3 has worked so well this season, I suppose he doesn't want to change.
Unfortunately, Gudjohnsen and Cole are nowhere near as effective in those positions as Duff and Robben are...
That's why they've been so successful....
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Really? That's a poor decision as far as i'm concerned.

Yes the system works really well, but that's because of the players that he has playing in it. Cole and Gudjohnson aren't the same type of player, and i don't think it'll work.

Would be better of going to a plain 4-4-2 if you ask me.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Really? That's a poor decision as far as i'm concerned.

Yes the system works really well, but that's because of the players that he has playing in it. Cole and Gudjohnson aren't the same type of player, and i don't think it'll work.

Would be better of going to a plain 4-4-2 if you ask me.
With central midfielders as wingers?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I feel very sorry for Cudicini. His red card means he'll miss the cup final, which is really harsh as it was his chance to appear in a final.
It can be seen as harsh, stupid defence. He's appealed but I'm not sure if it will work. Thing is, I think Liverpool would rather have Cudicini in goal than Cech.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
diamond.

..............makelele
.....tiago............cole
.............lampshade
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Duff is out aswell? :eek:
He should never have played against Newcastle.

I wonder how that'll work.
Well, it was okay when we did have the players for it such as Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen but since they've been split this isn't the case now really.

Come on Barca. :p:
Don't you ever 'support' clubs in the Champions League not yours but in England still?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lukeD)
Good to see Gallas is in the side; it looks as if the defence is going to have its biggest test of the season so far. Good to see Drogba back as well. With him and JT in the team, there's always a chance of getting a goal from a set piece.
And Chelsea's defence is probably better than theirs. I think we need a third winger, preferbly someone who can play with both feet more or less as good as one another.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)

Well, it was okay when we did have the players for it such as Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen but since they've been split this isn't the case now really.

Don't you ever 'support' clubs in the Champions League not yours but in England still?
I do, except not Arsenal or Chelsea as if they do better than Utd, I have too many friends who will remind me for years to come.
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)

Yeah, i always support the English teams in Europe. Except Arsenal because they're French anyway. :p:

I was joking more then anything, i want Chelsea to do well because they're English, but deep down i want them to fail. :p:
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
That's the problem you get, when you only have central midfielders. Other then Geremi on the right, i can't think of any wide sided players you have. Weird squad policy, i guess.

Yes you would have to play central midfielders as right and left sided midfielders, but i think the team would be more effective with Cole/Tiago as wide players in a 4-4-2, then Gudjohnson/Cole as wingers in the usual formation. I just don't see Gudjohnson coping in this position. It doesn't suit him at all.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, i always support the English teams in Europe. Except Arsenal because they're French anyway. :p:
It's certainly the most common language there now. I used to think Chelsea were becoming Italian a few years ago.

I was joking more then anything, i want Chelsea to do well because they're English
Good

but deep down i want them to fail. :p:
Think this might apply to quite a few supporters.
lukeD
Report 14 years ago
I think we need a third winger, preferbly someone who can play with both feet more or less as good as one another.
Agree totally. However, finding the right player could be difficult...especially as they'll have to be prepared to spend some time on the bench.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lukeD)
Agree totally. However, finding the right player could be difficult...especially as they'll have to be prepared to spend some time on the bench.
Well with Mourinho's rotation policy this can help mitigate some of it. So players won't start getting annoying at too much time spent on the bench.
lukeD
Report 14 years ago
On the 4-4-2 / 4-4-3 thing, it looks like I might have been wrong.
On the chelsea website, there is suggestion that we will be going for 4-4-2.

Hmmm.... not too sure how this will work out...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which match are you guys watching?
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
blatently the liverbirds.

come on l'pool
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Liverpool vs Leverkusen! Come on Leverkusen! ITV2! Although have the choice of all of the games on Sky, i'm hoping for more misery to be heaped on Beneathus.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Real v Juve
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)