This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Yes there are.
As in Chech, his good in the current climate of ***** goalies but is he amazing?
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Wow, that's weird. Why not? I seriously do think you'd be in the minority who don't think he's world class.
Martyn is well pass his peak, he is a serious shadow of his former self. Admittedly he was once a really good goalie, but obviously didnt get the praise due to Seaman being absolutely amazing I don't think anyone would really say that at the moment he is world class!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Martyn is well pass his peak, he is a serious shadow of his former self. Admittedly he was once a really good goalie, but obviously didnt get the praise due to Seaman being absolutely amazing I don't think anyone would really say that at the moment he is world class!
Oh my god, you're so full of bull s h i t it's unbelievable! Have you not been watching him for the past two seasons? Jesus :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wahey! I think I've left my balls at the Riverside though - bloody freezing. Was there anything shwon on telly about the fan trouble? It was nothing really but a few Graz fans got ejected and they were going a bit crazy. i was right next to them. They were good fans, but nowhere near as good as Banik Ostrava's. European football's great...
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Wahey! I think I've left my balls at the Riverside though - bloody freezing. Was there anything shwon on telly about the fan trouble? It was nothing really but a few Graz fans got ejected and they were going a bit crazy. i was right next to them. They were good fans, but nowhere near as good as Banik Ostrava's. European football's great...
no mention of it..... what happened?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Up until this season I would have had Martyn as England number one for the last 3 seasons.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
How good he is is relative to how good other goalkeepers are. So yes, he is amazing :cool:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
no mention of it..... what happened?
Well the Graz chanting suddenly turned into something different, so we turned round and there was police diving onto the front/bottom (front bottom - *snigger*) of the Graz fans and a few getting dragged down the stairs. There was none of our fans involved. I would say 5 or 6 Graz fans got ejected and that was it. The police did seem heavy handed though, like I said, none of our fans involved.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Up until this season I would have had Martyn as England number one for the last 3 seasons.
Including this season, for me.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:dito: , but only because all the other keepers are crap.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
:dito: , but only because all the other keepers are crap.
Hey! Piss off man!
He's been outstanding for the last 2 years, if he were playing for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea you'd all magically think he was a world beater, but cos he plays for Everton it seems wrong for him to be world class.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey! Piss off man!
He's been outstanding for the last 2 years, if he were playing for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea you'd all magically think he was a world beater, but cos he plays for Everton it seems wrong for him to be world class.
Wonder why he doesn't play for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea :rolleyes: :p:
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wonder why he doesn't play for Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea :rolleyes: :p:
based on some of the preformances from keepers of those teams i think he would walk into those teams at the mo......
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
based on some of the preformances from keepers of those teams i think he would walk into those teams at the mo......
So very true, especially for Utd and Arsenal.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because he's under contract at Everton and is quite happy here.

Man Utd want a long term keeper, and so wouldn't go for Martyn.

Chelsea want to spend 10000m on any new player, and already have an equally impressive keeper in Cech.

Liverpool already have about 16 keepers in the squad.

Arsenal have Lehmann, who Wenger seems to think is decent.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So very true, especially for Utd and Arsenal.
and liverpool........
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because he's under contract at Everton and is quite happy here.

Man Utd want a long term keeper, and so wouldn't go for Martyn.

Chelsea want to spend 10000m on any new player, and already have an equally impressive keeper in Cech.

Liverpool already have about 16 keepers in the squad.

Arsenal have Lehmann, who Wenger seems to think is decent.
I'd say Cech was considerably better than Martyn, although having the likes of Terry infront of you must help.

Last I heard Arsenal wanted a new long term keeper aswell, both them and Utd are after Proto, I think.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and liverpool........
They got Dudek and Kirkland, although Dudek made a howler the other night he also made 2-3 fantastic saves that most would have conceded.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd say Cech was considerably better than Martyn, although having the likes of Terry infront of you must help.
Last I heard Arsenal wanted a new long term keeper aswell, both them and Utd are after Proto, I think.
Cech might have a little more agility now, and maybe a better spring, but Martyn is by far the 2nd best keeper in the league (assuming Cech is #1).

And, if he were to be playing for Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, he'd be getting a lot lot lot more respect for his performances.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They got Dudek and Kirkland, although Dudek made a howler the other night he also made 2-3 fantastic saves that most would have conceded.
how much has kirkland been injuried over the past few seasons....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (163)
47.8%
No (42)
12.32%
I'm not old enough (136)
39.88%

Watched Threads