Nah, we don't want him!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Nah, we don't want him!
Defoe? Owen? If we're going to get another striker how about an English one?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let's see how Kezman do for the rest of the season. Drogba is fine tbh. I guess we need someone who partners Drogba. Usually, I see an ideal striking partner like this: one of them is very fast and the other one has a good touch and a good finisher. But for some reasons, in the Premiership, pace doesn't seem to be the most important thing. Whereas in the continent, pace is essential. In other words, i dont have a clue who I'd get, but good strikers to buy atm (although i doubt inter would sell them): Adriano, Martins, English strikers..possibly Defoe, maybe Owen.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why only maybe Owen? Age?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im not too sure about Owen as I don't follow la liga that much, and Owen hasn't played that much for Real anyways. I know about his decent goal record at Real, but I can't really judge before I actually see more of him. From what I've seen from him at Liverpool last season though, as everyone knows, his form has not been as good as before. He's 25/26 now isnt he? No problems in terms of age really, if he was at his peak, but he's not.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a win by the Everton boys today, Evvvverton FC!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What about Torres or one of the many young south americans (e.g. Robinho)?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
What a win by the Everton boys today, Evvvverton FC!
Congrats didn't expect you to win as Villa are a good side.

Also, closing thr gap on Arsenal, how I'd love it if you finished above them!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Congrats didn't expect you to win as Villa are a good side.

Also, closing thr gap on Arsenal, how I'd love it if you finished above them!
Without doubt the best performance of the season. We were so convincing, should have got 4 or 5.. but we were excellent value for the victory!
7 points behind Arsenal, 8 points ahead of Liverpool - looking good
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
What about Torres or one of the many young south americans (e.g. Robinho)?
I don't know if Robinho's style of play would work in the premiership. But I guess that's for the manager to find out. He's probably going to Real though. Torres is worth looking at, good finishing striker. Gudjohnson and Kezman (very unlucky at times) do tend to miss a few easy chances and Torres rarely misses those.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Owen has the best amount of goals per time spent on the pitch ratio. Only problem is that it is in a different league and comparing stats with equivalent strikers in different leagues in different countries has their criticisms. But he's often started as a sub and it's been said that it's difficult to score as a sub to try and get hold of the game or something.

What about Gudjohnsen?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Im not too sure about Owen as I don't follow la liga that much, and Owen hasn't played that much for Real anyways. I know about his decent goal record at Real, but I can't really judge before I actually see more of him. From what I've seen from him at Liverpool last season though, as everyone knows, his form has not been as good as before. He's 25/26 now isnt he? No problems in terms of age really, if he was at his peak, but he's not.
Owen is playing excellently when he does play!
Yea 25
He is starting tonight.

On the Spanish Football front Barca are losing 1-0 to Numancia, who are bottom of the table! :eek:

Wicked performance from Rooney today, top quality!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
On the Spanish Football front Barca are losing 1-0 to Numancia, who are bottom of the table! :eek:
Good.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Good.
Pitch is dodgy tho, covered in thin layer of ice/snow, doesn't suit their style at all! Expect goals, I reckon from Eto'o, in second half tho.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WD AFI for getting 11000th post . I am looking forward to Forssell coming back.

418 more posts to beat the HP post count! :cool:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know if Robinho's style of play would work in the premiership. But I guess that's for the manager to find out. He's probably going to Real though. Torres is worth looking at, good finishing striker. Gudjohnson and Kezman do tend to miss a few easy chances and Torres rarely misses those.
True, but most players adapt even if it takes a bit of time, Juan Pablo Angel for instance.

Personally think Kezman will find his feet, but it is essential that he is to play as the centre of the 3 attackers rather than a wideman. Gudjohnson on the other hand is not a top 4 player, perhaps put him in an exchange deal for Defoe...
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Btw, nice goal for us I still think we'll lose (hey, i have to be honest right?) but it's great to just ... show them that we got something to us
Wicked technique from O'Neil for the equalizer! ...Poor positioning from Howard though.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wicked technique from O'Neil for the equalizer! ...Poor positioning from Howard though.
To be fair he couldn't have been expecting that and it would have taken a wonderful save to keep it out.

Got a bit worried until Rooney knocked in his 2nd, 6 points behind Chelsea and still have to play them although they have a game in hand.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pitch is dodgy tho, covered in thin layer of ice/snow, doesn't suit their style at all!
Chelsea manage against dodgy pitches
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look at how many strikers weve got:

Crespo
Drogba
Kezman
Gudjohnsen
Carlton Cole
Forrsell
(maybe even Robben)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.99%
Labour (154)
48.73%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.24%
Green Party (20)
6.33%
Brexit Party (4)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.95%
SNP (7)
2.22%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.27%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.32%
UKIP (6)
1.9%
Other (0)
0%
None (10)
3.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise