The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yea you guys should have taylor/shaaban/stack as keeper, senderos out to defend, hoyte out in midfield cus i hardly ever see them play
My first choice would be Taylor out of the 3. He can have his chance. Hopefully he'll be able to punch the ball properly as well, which Lehman isn't doing too good a job at.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The following teams have a bettr track record than Arsenal in Europe:

1. Real
2. Bayern
3. Man U
4. Juve
5. Milan
6. Barcelona
7. Benfica
8. Ajax
9. Dinamo Kyiv
10. Anderlecht
11. Liverpool
12. Porto
13. Rangers
14. Celtic
15. Galatasary
16. Crvena Zvedzda
17. Inter
18. Sparta prague
19. PSV
20. Panathonaikos
21. Dortmund
22. CSKA Sofia
23. Feyenoord
24. Steaua Bucharest
25. Rosenborg
26. Spartak Moscow
27. IKF Goteburg
28. Valencia
29. Marseille
So from the following list are you saying that the above bolded teams are better than arsenal this current season, because that notion is absolutly crap and therefore we all no you havent got a clue what the hell your talking about!

Real and Milan I'm at least willing to debate!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
So from the following list are you saying that the above bolded teams are better than arsenal this current season, because that notion is absolutly crap and therefore we all no you havent got a clue what the hell your talking about!

Real and Milan I'm at least willing to debate!
kuz please put forward your argument why arsenal is the best team
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I think only Bono could determine from that showing, that based on this season, Chelsea are a better team than Arsenal.

As far as Bono's laughable comments on the Champions' League, I fear it is futile in even bothering to present an argument as it will just be ignored!
Thank you, god it ain't hard is it! *exasperation*
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Because they are miles ahead of Man U in the league and we all know Man U are the best team in the world :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just watched arsenal's goals. It was interesting to see that for Henry's last 2 goals, he had lost his balance, but still managed to slot the ball home. Especially the 4th goal, when he was running at such pace that in the end he lost balance. Now, 1 goal off-balance couldbe thought of as a fluke, but if a guy does that twice, you know the guy's a class act!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm now starting to sound like a broken record, so instead of repeating myself in a different chose of diction here is the post i put my case for arsenal being the best team in Europe!

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....postcount=1087
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
For the self- proclaimed "best team in the history of the world" it's pretting uninspiring stuff.
Now where did anybody say that?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I'm now starting to sound like a broken record, so instead of repeating myself in a different chose of diction here is the post i put my case for arsenal being the best team in Europe!

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....postcount=1087
but your arguement is based upon an opinion that the premiership is the most competitive league in europe ..
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I much preferred one of my earlier cases which was that I have watched more football matches than any of you so therefore I know more and can make better judgements
LOL another bold statement!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I apologise, I have signatures and avatars diabled so was unaware of this fact. Personally, I think it would take a rather misinformed person to not acknowledge that Arsenal, currently, are one of the best teams in Europe.

In getting to the semi-finals of two competitions, and the quarter-finals of another, in addition to the league, Arsenal obviously had many games to play and even the most consistent teams slip up, especially when under such a busy schedule. I think they state of the semi-finals of the Champions' League this season is all the evidence you need to see that you cannot judge "the best team" by their performance in a knock-out competition.

Bono you even conceded yourself that you have limited football knowledge and you do not really follow it. Perhaps you should back down.
We have told him over a total of nearly 10 pages this but he refuses to listen!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
We have told him over a total of nearly 10 pages this but he refuses to listen!
but your arguement is based on the opinion that the premiership is the most competitive league in Europe! no wonder not everyone agree with you!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I much preferred one of my earlier cases which was that I have watched more football matches than any of you so therefore I know more and can make better judgements
there is more than just one case to the argument, and I agree with you also...just that stupid boy who addmitts he has no great knowledge of football trys to argue with us with his ill informed opinion!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I don't think it works like that. :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine wasn't, my argument was originally about judgement.
i was talking about kuz's
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
but your arguement is based on the opinion that the premiership is the most competitive league in Europe! no wonder not everyone agree with you!
where do i say that?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
How does it work then? Random people watch a few games and suddenly become experts? :rolleyes:
No, but its not about how long u been around. :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
where do i say that?
being in amazing form e.g. 100 points above 2nd placed chelsea doesnt make you the best in europe...it could show that your domestic league is very uncompetitive. The only way you can compare with other teams in europe is through champions league
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
So you have no idea then.
Edit: :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Wat! Where did that come from. Why are you questioning my football knowledge. I have seen more than just a "few" games.
mc watson is the creator he is all-knowing
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (52)
17.81%
Labour (143)
48.97%
Liberal Democrats (43)
14.73%
Green Party (20)
6.85%
Brexit Party (4)
1.37%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.03%
SNP (5)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.68%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.37%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)