The Student Room Group
El Stevo
if keepers ability came with looks, then how come Seaman got in the England squad? :wink:
more to the point, Dudek nowadays only plays well at Cardiff, Carson is a bit young, Kirkland is very injury prone so who do we have for the everyday mundane league footy?
in other news, Rafa is alledgedly unhappy with Baros... (as well as Kewell etc) so whose gonna replace him?

Keep on spending..
keep on spending..
:wink:
afireinside©
Keep on spending..
keep on spending..
:wink:

for the record, i am trying to work out how the 8 million for owen balances the cost of cisse, alonso, garcia, pellegrino, josemi and morientes...

still, we'll catch Everton and get Champ League next year, so we'll be alright :smile:
You forgot Scott Carson from your list. :p:
Makavelli_07
You forgot Scott Carson from your list. :p:

Heskey paid for him :smile:
Makavelli_07
Sheffield United were very unlucky, didn't deserve to lose.

I agree.

Makavelli_07
Oh well, Bolton to knock out the French second string in the next round, i guess. :smile:

Is their second string side French dominated too? :eek: Bolton gave Arsenal first team squad a hard time last time they played...
cindy
ROFLMAO!! That will teach you to think too ,much!!!! :biggrin:

They nearly snatched it in the dying seconds though.

You can't really blame him considering the rest of the team. He really can't do any worse! :p:

PS Quick reminder to those who want to post their predictions. You know where to go. :wink:
cindy
You can't really blame him considering the rest of the team. He really can't do any worse! :p:

Worse than Gerrard?
NDGAARONDI
Worse than Gerrard?

Exactly!!!! :biggrin: Poor him. He must feel really bad. I mean if it wasn't for him Chelsea wouldn't have won the Carling Cup. What is it that Delia said about the 12th man? :wink:
cindy
I mean if it wasn't for him Chelsea wouldn't have won the Carling Cup.

We cannot say for sure. Either way Chelsea were pressing for a goal and even if his own goal didn't happen something else could have.
Baros joined Liverpool in December 2001...

I think Liverpool have the basis of a pretty good squad really... Just we need to get rid of all Houllier's journeymen players... And a fair few Rafa decided to bring along. Afterall, Kirkland could be a darn good keeper if only he wasn't injured. Carragher is a solid defender. Riise is a legend and Finnan is cool. Hamman is a great holding midfielder. Gerrard and Alonso have the ability to be the best attacking midfield pairing in the Premiership. Baros, Morientes and Ciise could be a lethal attacking force. We just short of another defender in my eyes. Woodgate! :smile: Only he's always injured too...

.................Kirkland
.....[Defender]......Carragher
Finnan........Hamman.........Riise
.......Gerrard..........Alonso
.Baros.........Cisse......Morientes

With Mellor, Pongolle, Le Tallec and the other decent youngsters we have we should easily be a force to be reckoned with. Its just not happening...
NDGAARONDI
We cannot say for sure. Either way Chelsea were pressing for a goal and even if his own goal didn't happen something else could have.

But it didn't happen though did it! :wink:
cindy
But it didn't happen though did it! :wink:

Nope. *wonders who, if any, will move to Stamford Bridge in the summer*
NDGAARONDI
Nope. *wonders who, if any, will move to Stamford Bridge in the summer*

Maybe a case of .. who will move out?? :wink:
cindy
Maybe a case of .. who will move out?? :wink:

Out of Chelsea? Tiago probably.
Why should he? If Rooney can get away with it, why not Jose? :smile:
NDGAARONDI
Out of Chelsea? Tiago probably.

Woo ho ho. (Sorry couldn't resist :redface: )You think? I thought maybe Parker. Would be a shame but hey thats football.
cindy
Why should he? If Rooney can get away with it, why not Jose? :smile:

Oh speaking of him. I read something about him in The Daily Mail or something about the expensive bleep technology (costing millions and will be used once in every eight years) of the ball used to indicate that it crossed the line. They then compared that to the amount of bleeps required whenever Rooney swore or something...

If I find the paper tomorrow at college I'll dig it out (I don't read the Mail properly).

Latest