The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
Woo ho ho. (Sorry couldn't resist )You think? I thought maybe Parker. Would be a shame but hey thats football.
No Parker is useful in breaking up play especially from very attacking minded teams like Arsenal and Barcelona. His physical style could also come to use. Tiago doesn't seem to be cutting it for me.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
No Parker is useful in breaking up play especially from very attacking minded teams like Arsenal and Barcelona. His physical style could also come to use. Tiago doesn't seem to be cutting it for me.
Be honest Tiago hasn't really been able to shine yet has he? Just watching Chelsea TV it's amazing the amount of past players who come back. Vialli and Poyet are there today!!! Vialli is talking about coaching and he is waiting for the right phone call. Viali is saying that Jose is doing a fab job and uniting the team. But we already know that don't we?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
Be honest Tiago hasn't really been able to shine yet has he?
He's had more chances than other players, including Kezman.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Prutton handed 10 game ban. Bit harsh if you ask me.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I think so, too.

He didn't 'push' the referee, as such. I think a three game ban and a fine would have been enough.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I think so, too.

He didn't 'push' the referee, as such. I think a three game ban and a fine would have been enough.
Exactly. Consistency is the key, and you can bet your bottom sausage that the next time the whole Arsenal or Man Utd team all pile on the referee or Ruud van Horseyrooy screams the ref's face off they'll get a slap on the wrists or 10p fine at the most.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly. Consistency is the key, and you can bet your bottom sausage that the next time the whole Arsenal or Man Utd team all pile on the referee or Ruud van Horseyrooy screams the ref's face off they'll get a slap on the wrists or 10p fine at the most.
True, true.

Well, we've come to expect this sort of reaction from the FA towards certain people. Players from Man Ure and Arsenal can generally get away scot free in cases like this, whereas the less 'fashionable' clubs & players can expect to be hit where it hurts.

They need to be consistent with what they do. Despite the FA saying at the start of the season that they would be clamping down on players surrounding the referee contesting decisions, it still doesn't seem to have sunk in to United and Arsenal - as they do it week in week out.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whilst players who deliberately take risks in career threatening injuries can often get away with a yellow card...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whilst players who deliberately take risks in career threatening injuries can often get away with a yellow card...
Good point.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
Sheffield United were very unlucky, didn't deserve to lose.
Oh well, Bolton to knock out the French second string in the next round, i guess.
Yes, we were although we can play better than that especially looking at the second half performance.
Kenny didn't bother diving to one side in the pens(Arsenal did their homework and put each penalty to this side) with the injury.
Not a nice way to go out but we took them all the way and do well considering our team last night cost £400k and theirs cost over £10million even though they played quite a few kids! :rolleyes:

Gemx
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Show Ellis-ism the Red Card

http://itv-football.co.uk/Teams/Asto...y_145153.shtml
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Show Ellis-ism the Red Card

http://itv-football.co.uk/Teams/Asto...y_145153.shtml
haha good, I hate that man
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've never heard of him before, until now.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think he's that bad to be honest, the only thing I really dislike about him is he named the stand after himself. That's far too arrogant for my liking.

To be fair to him, although he doesn't make that much money available for transfers, they've still spent over £30m in the last 4 seasons and have remained stable and soundly ran. Unlike about another 50 or so Football League Clubs. He may not be Roman Abramovich or Steve Gibson but at least he's not Geoffrey Richmond or Dave Richards.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
haha good, I hate that man
Ill second that, he's a twät!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Geoffrey Richmond or Dave Richards.
Or Bill "The Takeover Deal Will Still Go Ahead"Kenwright!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He may not be Roman Abramovich...
Is anyone?
durhamlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
have aston villa ever been any good?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is anyone?
Probably. Odds are, in this world, there is probably another 'Roman Abromovich' :cool: :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Probably. Odds are, in this world, there is probably another 'Roman Abromovich' :cool: :p:
Bill Gates? :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads