The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
True. Although I wonder why they remembered the 10th anniversary, it's like as if they've remembered it so well. Ah but you know what Palace fans can do to retaliate? Wear Glazer masks
I wish Ian Dowie would wear a mask, any sort of mask
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
I wish Ian Dowie would wear a mask, any sort of mask
LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
FA Cup final brought forward

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4316423.stm
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Views on the matter?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Views on the matter?
dont mind about it being bought foward and a longer break for england before the world cup, but the bit
Sides in the Uefa Cup will not play replays in the fifth or sixth round of the FA Cup while Champions League teams will not have sixth-round replays
just doesnt sound right.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I guess so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4315549.stm

"He is a strong personality that only tries to motivate his players, but a racist? Never. I do not understand this." So he has a good game and becomes outspoken?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I guess so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4315549.stm

"He is a strong personality that only tries to motivate his players, but a racist? Never. I do not understand this." So he has a good game and becomes outspoken?
What's it got to do with Almunia... if he doesn't watch out he'll soon be the next Lehman.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chats - you have very strong anti Palace feelings, I pity you. Why bother, we don't care? Your bias means you have no legitimate authority to comment on the Cantona subject.

For whats its worth Cantona was IMHO out of order, completely and utterly, but the fan does have to take some responsibility too as he seemed to provoke the attack.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sophdoph)
Chats - you have very strong anti Palace feelings, I pity you. Why bother, we don't care? Your bias means you have no legitimate authority to comment on the Cantona subject.

For whats its worth Cantona was IMHO out of order, completely and utterly, but the fan does have to take some responsibility too as he seemed to provoke the attack.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand why Palace fans as a whole should feel aggrieved by it. If it happened off the pitch, in a nightclub or somewhere, and a random person who just happened to be a Palace fan shouted racist remarks at Cantona, and he reacted in the same way as he did on the pitch, would you be as 'upset' (for want of a better word)?

Obviously it was out of order and Man Utd fans 'celebrating' it aren't exactly showing themselves to be the most mature of fans, but I just don't understand the outrage from all the Palace fans because of it.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

what do you mean we dont care? only you dont care, and to be honest I dont care what you think.

What do you mean bias, what bias do I have? I was trying to say Cantona didnt attack him for no reason, and I admitted cantona was in the wrong.

I pity you. ps: if youve got anything to say to me, PM me.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
What's it got to do with Almunia... if he doesn't watch out he'll soon be the next Lehman.
I've just never heard him speak about other teams like this.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why does Mark Lawrenson predict a goal against Chelsea at the hands of Norwich? He hardly gets the result correct let alone the score.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4300505.stm
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
First, Chats: Yes, what the Palace fan did was absolutely disgraceful and he should have been ejected from the stadium (he was, by the way, later banned from Selhurst Park) - but Cantona has a responsibility to keep his calm as a professional, something he had a record of not doing.

Unfortunately that kind of abuse is thrown at players at every ground in the country. It doesn't mean that his reaction was any less disgraceful. If he had done that kind of thing in the street he'd have been done for GBH, rather than just dropped for 9 months.

(Thanks Goldenbarnes, I seemed to remember Di Canio being banned for longer, if you're right that it was only 11 games then I take that example back )

Secondly, the Utd fans are doing this deliberately because they know it'll get a reaction. Crystal Palace FC has a responsibility to keep the fans safe and allowing them to wear these masks could incite violence - because the general intelligence of a football crowd is pretty low - therefore banning them is the right thing to do.
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and by the way, I think Sophdoph meant that we, as in Palace fans, don't care about Charlton You have a habit of spitting vitriol about Palace, as do a lot of Charlton fans.

You have an obvious anti-Palace bias, evidenced by the number of words blanked out in your post on the subject.

When are you going to realise there's no real rivalry here :rolleyes:
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
what do you mean we dont care? only you dont care, and to be honest I dont care what you think.

What do you mean bias, what bias do I have? I was trying to say Cantona didnt attack him for no reason, and I admitted cantona was in the wrong.

I pity you. ps: if youve got anything to say to me, PM me.
Only I don't care?? No trust me, 90% of palace fans don't care. The ones that do are kids!

Anyway back to reasonable debate..

Golden Barnes - Yeh I know what you are saying too If it was a "regular" fight in a club or something then no I wouldn't be as bothered, but Cantona was a very high profile figure at the time and shouldn't have acted so irresponsibily. I would have been just as angry if he had done it to a Man City fan, Liverpool, Arsenal, hell even a Millwall fan. (OK maybe not Millwall..)

I was angry when Di Canio shoved the ref as it showed a complete lack of respect for a group of people that make football happen..and fans are also a group of people that are needed for football to happen.
durhamlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Palace fans imo are among the worst behved in the football league. For anyone that didnt know they invaded the pitch at last years play ffs v Sunderland and taunted the disabled section of our fans. Absolute low life scum is very alive at palace
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
If he had done that kind of thing in the street he'd have been done for GBH, rather than just dropped for 9 months.
Not quite GBH unless the skin has been broken. Probably ABH but it could be a battery.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought Millwall fans were badly behaved?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Only I don't care?? No trust me, 90% of palace fans don't care. The ones that do are kids!
I know palace dont care, I didnt say they did, theyve got bigger things to worry about like avoiding relegation, Charlton dont really care either .

but Cantona has a responsibility to keep his calm as a professional, something he had a record of not doing.
yes he was in the wrong, but simmons had no right running down from row 10 to come and shout abuse at him.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm glad this scenario is being resolved. Just might have to wait for the match next.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads