theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
For the upcoming transfer window
LOL.

I don't even think he'd be a good signing now.

We need youth, not a one-season wonder.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For the upcoming transfer window
but do you reallywant rivaldo?he has just been dropped by brazil and quitted cruzeiro
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
but do you reallywant rivaldo?he has just been dropped by brazil and quitted cruzeiro
I'm saying we haven't been linked with him for the upcoming tranfer window.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
So from the following list are you saying that the above bolded teams are better than arsenal this current season, because that notion is absolutly crap and therefore we all no you havent got a clue what the hell your talking about!

Real and Milan I'm at least willing to debate!
I imagine I know somewhat more than you about European football.

That is since 1955, as you can see, Arsenal are still relative minnows, but I would also argue that Porto is definately doing better this season than Arsenal.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but your arguement is based upon an opinion that the premiership is the most competitive league in europe ..
Arsenal are definately not the best team in Europe, there are several teams who can (and have) beaten them.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Arsenal have glowing form overall, premiership, fa cup&(to a lesser extent) europe...so stop saying i said things...when i didn't....reading way to far between the lines hunny!
Surely if they had good form in Europe they would be about to play Monaco in the semis?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Frey will join the french legion at highbury... its inevitable with Lehmann being a)too old b)totally ****e!
I think that Frey would fit in well at Arsenal and his presence would make Arsenal a better team.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Arsenal are definately not the best team in Europe, there are several teams who can (and have) beaten them.
I don't recall Arsenal losing several games this season please enlighten us!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I don't recall Arsenal losing several games this season please enlighten us!
I mean there are plenty of teams who have the quality to beat them, including (but not exclusively) Real, Milan, Porto, Deportivo, Chelsea, Monaco, Roma, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Juventus, Lazio? Parma?Leverkusen, Bayern? Valencia, Lyon? etc.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
So now its 'the quality to beat them' rather than 'have beaten them'? Now its entirely subjective.
Yes, but how else can we gauge it without having a European league where the best teams play each other at least twice?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I have been saying this all along actually. I just happen to disagree with your opinions about which teams are better than Arsenal, but there's no point in arguing about it.
Which on my list would you say are not?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I reckon only Milan could match them.
You can't say only Milan! There are several teams in Europe who have the depth and quality to beat Arsenal. Valencia certainly have.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I mean there are plenty of teams who have the quality to beat them, including (but not exclusively) Real, Milan, Porto, Deportivo, Chelsea, Monaco, Roma, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Juventus, Lazio? Parma?Leverkusen, Bayern? Valencia, Lyon? etc.
What an abysmal argument. On their day any of those teams could beat each other. Last season Blackburn beat Arsenal twice, it doesn't mean that they're better than them. Real Madrid got thrashed by Sevilla a couple of months ago, doesn't mean they're better. You judge a team on its indivdual quality, its ability to work as a unit and consistent performances. Real, Chelsea, etc have the individual quality but too often fail to work as a unit. Bayern are not consistent, Porto lack individual quality, Leverkusen don't deserve to be there at all, neither do many of the other teams (Monaco, Lyon, Bremen?). It's crazy. Arsenal are currently the best team in the world.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What an abysmal argument. On their day any of those teams could beat each other. Last season Blackburn beat Arsenal twice, it doesn't mean that they're better than them. Real Madrid got thrashed by Sevilla a couple of months ago, doesn't mean they're better. You judge a team on its indivdual quality, its ability to work as a unit and consistent performances. Real, Chelsea, etc have the individual quality but too often fail to work as a unit. Bayern are not consistent, Porto lack individual quality, Leverkusen don't deserve to be there at all, neither do many of the other teams (Monaco, Lyon, Bremen?). It's crazy. Arsenal are currently the best team in the world.
Porto have incredible strength in their squad, this is widely known apart from by football 'experts' on UKL. Monaco and Lyon are the best teams in France and therefore have to be regarded as amongst the best in Europe

UEFA regards the Bundesliga as more competitive than the Premiership so as its leaders Bremen certainly deserve respect.

It is your argument and knowledge that is abysmal.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Porto have incredible strength in their squad, this is widely known apart from by football 'experts' on UKL. Monaco and Lyon are the best teams in France and therefore have to be regarded as amongst the best in Europe

UEFA regards the Bundesliga as more competitive than the Premiership so as its leaders Bremen certainly deserve respect.

yes the bundesliga is very competitive, but so is the spanish and italian league - its hard to compare
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yes the bundesliga is very competitive, but so is the spanish and italian league - its hard to compare
Italy, Spain, Germany and England has the most competitive leagues in Europe (and, therefore, the world) so the best teams in these leagues (including Werder Bremen) deserve recognition.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Italy, Spain, Germany and England has the most competitive leagues in Europe (and, therefore, the world) so the best teams in these leagues (including Werder Bremen) deserve recognition.
yes but you cant compare them any other ways then through the champions league at the moment, and who out of the top teams in the above are still in the champions league - Chelsea woo hoo...who am i kiddin i dont regard chelsea as the top club in europe atm :eek:
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
An inconsistent format of competition was used by Piginapoke when he was making his judgements.

A consistent format of competition was used when I made my judgements, which also included statistics.

Yet I'm wrong and he's right. I don't think so.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Because Bremen consistantly challenge in Europe? Because the French league manages to maintain all the best French talent because its such a storng league? Because Porto has some of the finest talent in the world with a Brazilian reject, a precocious youngster and a South African amongst their best, and their manager hasn't admitted that the quality of their players suggests they shouldn't have got as far as they have in the Champions' League? Oh sorry, the opposite of all those things is true. So what were you arguing again?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (115)
19.46%
Labour (299)
50.59%
Liberal Democrats (77)
13.03%
Green Party (30)
5.08%
Brexit Party (7)
1.18%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.51%
SNP (13)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.02%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)
0.51%
UKIP (8)
1.35%
Other (4)
0.68%
None (23)
3.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise