The Student Room Group
jumpunderaboat
I agree, however I have mixed feelings about it. Obviously every team wants to improve thier squad, especially if they are going into the Champions League for the first time, but what about all the players that got you there... they'll be sold or banished to the sidelines/reserves.

There is a lot of players out of contract in the summer. If you look at our team at it is now, we need a new keeper, as Martyn will be leaving at the end of next season - Moyes will need to get a long-term replacement in for him (Richard Wright isn't the answer..) -

A new left back, Pistone and Naysmith are just pants.

1/2 new centre backs - Weir and Stubbs both out of contract in the summer, will be up to Moyes if he offers them another contract.

Central midfielder to replace Tommy Gravesen. Maybe Arteta is the answer, but if not there will need to be a replacement.

A striker. Marcus Bent and James Beattie isn't enough to survive in the champions league! We need competition for places, not just 2 strikers..
Reply 11221
afireinside©
There is a lot of players out of contract in the summer. If you look at our team at it is now, we need a new keeper, as Martyn will be leaving at the end of next season - Moyes will need to get a long-term replacement in for him (Richard Wright isn't the answer..) -

A new left back, Pistone and Naysmith are just pants.

1/2 new centre backs - Weir and Stubbs both out of contract in the summer, will be up to Moyes if he offers them another contract.

Central midfielder to replace Tommy Gravesen. Maybe Arteta is the answer, but if not there will need to be a replacement.

A striker. Marcus Bent and James Beattie isn't enough to survive in the champions league! We need competition for places, not just 2 strikers..

Being a generous Utd fan and wanting to do something nice for English Clubs in Europe, I'm willing to give you:

Roy Carroll
Phil Neville
Quinton Forune
Kleberson
and David Bellion
:smile:
jumpunderaboat
Being a generous Utd fan and wanting to do something nice for English Clubs in Europe, I'm willing to give you:

Roy Carroll
Phil Neville
Quinton Forune
Kleberson
and David Bellion
:smile:

Would gladly refuse each and every one of them, thank you very much!
Reply 11223
afireinside©
Would gladly refuse each and every one of them, thank you very much!

You say that now, but just wait till Moyes begs Bellion to sign a £100k per appearence contract :wink:
jumpunderaboat
You say that now, but just wait till Moyes begs Bellion to sign a £100k per appearence contract :wink:

I would cry.

Anyway, who said anything about the Champions League? Our only target this year is to avoid relegation :wink:
afireinside©
Fücking shït today

Just like Spurs - always miss an opportunity to take advantage of results around us.

We could have been 6th if we had won yesterday; Everton could have been 11 pts clear in 4th place.

But the results didn't go our way. That's football for you.
theaman
Just like Spurs - always miss an opportunity to take advantage of results around us.

We could have been 6th if we had won yesterday; Everton could have been 11 pts clear in 4th place.

But the results didn't go our way. That's football for you.

We seem to enjoy shooting ourselves in the foot, it's hardly been a good 2005 for Everton yet!

Still.. there's plenty of time..
afireinside©
We seem to enjoy shooting ourselves in the foot, it's hardly been a good 2005 for Everton yet!

Still.. there's plenty of time..

Especially New Years Day........ :wink:
I know there's a few Pompey fans on here - what's your opinions on the new stadium development plans? They look good in my opinion. Will it be a waste of money?
Reply 11229
goldenbarnes
I know there's a few Pompey fans on here - what's your opinions on the new stadium development plans? They look good in my opinion. Will it be a waste of money?

I'm lazy :redface: , got a link?
Does anyone else think Quinton Fortune is a decent player? I mean, i'm not trying to say he's excellent, but he's a very good squad player, who can play in a number of positions quite comfortably, and always puts in a decent performance.

Does everyone else disagree? :frown:
Mourinho said the final decision on whether he (Robben) plays will be made by Robben.

But he wants to play so....:biggrin:

Source: http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/chelsea/story.jsp?story=617531
I read on SSN that Mourinho has said he'll play some part, but not a full game. I guess it'll be similar to the situation with RVN last week. Wonder how Mourinho plays it.

I'd personally start him, you're going to need all the help you can get. :p:
Makavelli_07
I'd personally start him, you're going to need all the help you can get. :p:

I agree.
NDGAARONDI
I agree.

Robben is ruled out. Who do you think will start up front? I bet itd be iceman for the first half or so, then kezman second half.
I assume your sticking with the same formation, and using wingers? Duff and Cole behind Gudjohnson?

I'd personally go with 4-4-2 and have kezman up top with Eidur. Then again, what do i know, he's a Champs League Winner. :p:

I think Gary Nev and Saha are out of our match. I hope he plays 4-4-2. My team woulkd be:

GK: Howard

RB: O Shea
CB: Rio
CB: Brown
LB: Heinze

LM: Giggs
RM: Ronaldo
CM: Scholes
CM: Keane

CF: Rooney
CF: Ruud

I doubt he'll play with the 2 pushed right up though, even though we need to win. Foolish Scotsman. :p:
Reply 11236
Makavelli_07

I doubt he'll play with the 2 pushed right up though, even though we need to win. Foolish Scotsman. :p:

he'll try and fit Fortune in there somewhere, no?
TheWolf
Robben is ruled out.

Remember Duff? Same could happen here.

TheWolf
Who do you think will start up front? I bet itd be iceman for the first half or so, then kezman second half.

Sounds about right with Joe Cole and Duff as wingers.
chats
he'll try and fit Fortune in there somewhere, no?

Either that or he'll use Rooney as a firth midfielder, and leave Ruud up top on his own. He seems to like doing that.

I quite like Fortune, but think we have someone i'd rather play in every position, so he's unfortunate i think.

No matter what, i'm expecting some negative tactics, trying to defend well and steal a goal. We should attack hard from the start and try and score a couple.
Reply 11239
Cech, Gallas, Carvalho, Terry, Ferreira, Cole, Makelele
Lampard, Kezman, Gudjohnsen, Duff

4-4-2 according to BBC

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Man Utd i suppose)

Latest