The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I'm not sure whether he would of got to it but that isnt the point. I bet Jose doesnt say anything about that in post match interviews.
Lol, yeah. Also, I wonder how much they'd even say about it in the papers. In the english ones, I'm not sure they'll mention it much as a big incident. In spain, they will. I wouldn't blame them, because I'd be gutted if Arsenal lost like that!
Musafir_85
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! wat happened to UNITED????????????????
Musafir_85
Report 14 years ago
finally skysports news shows it
united lost..............hahahahahaha

come on arsenal
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Musafir_85)
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! wat happened to UNITED????????????????
lost 1-0 (2-0 on aggregate)

OUT!
veryjammy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gutted with United going out but Milan were superior in every respect. I am however feeling increasingly irritated with the direction the United team is heading - they are no longer the potent attacking force they used to be - when Ferguson says he thinks this team is better than the 99 team its nonsense, they arent even better than 93 team.
United have always been best at free, fast-flowing attacking football, but now they look sluggish, uninspired and lacking in inventiveness up front. They have frequently struggled this season to score against the most basic of opposition. One commentor suggested during the Portsmouth match a few weeks ago that Ferguson was trying to build a more Euro-friendly team with lots of midfield possession instead of the more attacking minded sides of the past - IT ISN'T WORKING. At Portsmouth they went 1-0 up in 5 minutes. A united team of old would have buried the game, but this team passed it meaninglessly around the pitch for 40 minutes, conceded an equaliser and then laboured to scramble in a goal 10 minutes from time. If Fergie's new approach means they struggle against Portsmouth and have a goalless draw with Palace it simply isn't good enough.
Tonight I thought the only good player was Ferdinand. Ronaldo was pathetic - 3 times Rooney could have been played through and 3 times Ronaldo showed his usual egotism with pointless shots. Van Nistlerooy clearly still isn't fit, Keane was ok, Scholes was sloppy, Silvestre and Heinze both had dreadful moments, Giggs tried but was largely ineffective. Apart from Neville's absence this is supposed to be United's full strength attacking squad, so where was the effective attacking?
I think United's position in the table flatters their current performances, I just don't understand how a side renowned for their attacking have become so poor in the last third of the pitch.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
Gutted with United going out but Milan were superior in every respect. I am however feeling increasingly irritated with the direction the United team is heading - they are no longer the potent attacking force they used to be - when Ferguson says he thinks this team is better than the 99.............................. ......................
c'mon man, they were playing AC MILAN, that was never going to be easy.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
N0!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the two best teams are out, but fair play to Milan and Chelski, did well.
veryjammy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
c'mon man, they were playing AC MILAN, that was never going to be easy.
But it isn't just AC Milan, it's their overall attacking style. When u can't score against a 10 man Palace team there are problems. Unfortunately Utd just don't control and dominate games with fantastic attacking football anymore. There used to be a time when Utd games were exciting to watch but most performances from them now are bog-standard and dull.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ronaldo needs to learn to look up, we are missing Nicky Butt aswell, imo.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
brilliant game!!! (chelski-barca)
i was very impressed with our england centre back, terry, once again. Lampard was also great. its good to see that even in a team with so many good foreign players in it, the english ones can still shine through.
Chelsea are very lucky to have Petr Cech, he was magnificent
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Ronaldo needs to learn to look up, we are missing Nicky Butt aswell, imo.
i saw Nicky Butt in the Eldon Square shopping centre in Newcastle the other week. I swear it was him (sorry had to add that, claim to fame and all that! :p: )
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ronaldo **** and rooney told him so,in his uniquely gentle style.....i guess i'll piss you off cos i wanted milan to win, not for negative reasons, they are just my favourite european side.... i was amused when ronaldo squared up to cafu and cafu laughed at him, hes always acting up and deserved it... thought gattuso and cafu were great, seedorf too
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
i saw Nicky Butt in the Eldon Square shopping centre in Newcastle the other week. I swear it was him (sorry had to add that, claim to fame and all that! :p: )
Heh, well last week I served Neville Southall in my shop
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
brilliant game!!! (chelski-barca)
i was very impressed with our england centre back, terry, once again. Lampard was also great. its good to see that even in a team with so many good foreign players in it, the english ones can still shine through.
Chelsea are very lucky to have Petr Cech, he was magnificent
And those three mentioned are the top reasons for Chelsea's success this season.

Also, Joe Cole has been looking good recently.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
And those three mentioned are the top reasons for Chelsea's success this season.

Also, Joe Cole has been looking good recently.
yeah, he deserves to get a chance internationally now at least.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Funny joke;

David Beckham phones Michael Jackson to offer some support during his trial..
"Michael Michael, I know it must be really hard at the moment, especially with all of these accusations flying around.. I'll tell you what, once this whole court thing is over you can take little vacation with us on our yacht.."

Jacko;
"Well that's just fantastic David, gee, there's nothing i'd love to do more than to come on a little Cruz"

Thaaaaaats magic!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Funny joke;

David Beckham phones Michael Jackson to offer some support during his trial..
"Michael Michael, I know it must be really hard at the moment, especially with all of these accusations flying around.. I'll tell you what, once this whole court thing is over you can take little vacation with us on our yacht.."

Jacko;
"Well that's just fantastic David, gee, there's nothing i'd love to do more than to come on a little Cruz"

Thaaaaaats magic!
Predicatable.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Predicatable.
Yet funny all the same!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Yet funny all the same!
I'm finding 11+ losers funnier right this minute :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)