The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Arsenal did way too little, way too late! We didn't do enough to go through, and were missing for the first half. Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh, it's so frustrating to be an arsenal supporter these days, especially in the champions league. We only did 2/3 of what we needed to do-got one goal and kept a clean sheet! How ironic that when we finally keep a clean sheet in an important game, we don't score!!!! :mad:
I agree we didnt do enough in the 1st half, but the 2nd half I would say were like the inspired Arsenal of last season, we concentrated fully both on attack and defense. I believe we were so unlucky defensively for a change we were 10/10. Lehman, Cole and Senderos played so well, and attacking wise except maybe for Reyes (who I now have a certain dislike for) we were just soooo unlucky. And yeah these days it does majorly hurt the ego and pride to be an Arsenal supporter for a lot more than it should do!
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Utd were. Bayern Munich are good but they're not the best in the game.
Agreed. Bayern are good but I much rather have them than Milan, Barca, Utd, Lyon, Chelsea, Inter.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
However the strikers should be able to make something out of nothing, which Henry did tonight but Bergkamp was useless. In my opinion he should of retired the season before last.
Easy luv! Although Bergkamp isn't the machine of old he still has the creative knowledge of how to use the ball, his a serious assest to the team! He just had a ***** game, especially when he nearly gave away a penalty in first few minutes of the 2nd half.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I agree we didnt do enough in the 1st half, but the 2nd half I would say were like the inspired Arsenal of last season, we concentrated fully both on attack and defense. I believe we were so unlucky defensively for a change we were 10/10. Lehman, Cole and Senderos played so well, and attacking wise except maybe for Reyes (who I now have a certain dislike for) we were just soooo unlucky. And yeah these days it does majorly hurt the ego and pride to be an Arsenal supporter for a lot more than it should do!
We did nothing in attack! You cant call us unlucky, Kahn hardly had to move all game.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unlucky Arsenal, well done Liverpool. Now then, who do we want to win between Juve and Real?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Juve!
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Easy luv! Although Bergkamp isn't the machine of old he still has the creative knowledge of how to use the ball, his a serious assest to the team! He just had a ***** game, especially when he nearly gave away a penalty in first few minutes of the 2nd half.
He has too many ***** games. Yes he produces the odd game where he is brilliant but that doesnt make up for it. He has put in performances like tonight constantly this season and many a time last season. He is a legend but that shouldnt get you into a team.
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We needed to concentrate in the second half and do a better performance..our palce was at stake! Wish tehy would try as hard as poss all the time at the mo..not just on occasions!

Vieira was ACE v Sheff Utd..I know they are in a lower league..but they were quite good and he worked his but off all the match! Unfortunately I was in the Sheff end and couldn't shout!

Ah, well we can now try for a resurrection in the league..it is poss if they try and don't have ANY more injuries or suspensions..yes, that is impossible at my team! Oh well....can daydream of last season.

Supporting Liverpool in C.league now (go you scousers...6-2..class)....go for the 'underdogs'. Hope Chelsea do well.

Ain't bothered the Arsenal going out to a better team..even if they are German (!)
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We did nothing in attack! You cant call us unlucky, Kahn hardly had to move all game.
I suppose you can't call it unlucky as such. What I meant is that we had some serious chances through out the 2nd half and we couldn't captalise on any of them. The amount of possession we had in the 2nd half also shows we didnt captalise on what we had going for us...this is the difference between ourselves and Chelsea
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
Ain't bothered the Arsenal going out to a better team..even if they are German (!)
You're British. :rolleyes:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
goodbye ronaldo and tacchinardi!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He has too many ***** games. Yes he produces the odd game where he is brilliant but that doesnt make up for it. He has put in performances like tonight constantly this season and many a time last season. He is a legend but that shouldnt get you into a team.
Come on seriously...There hasn't been too many games where I could have said that Bergkamp was crap. He had a **** game but he wasn't the only one.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Juve scored!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Juve!
how did you know 6 mins ago!!! they just scored now!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wicked goal!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
how did you know 6 mins ago!!! they just scored now!
Got an extra-fast TV broadcast because I'm an alien :cool:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh, lol.
lucky bugger
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So your people are here after all!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
So your people are here after all!
Wayne Rooney wishes he could look like that
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Great finish to the Juve game!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads