Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
:dito:

maybe Owen for Defoe though.
Most people would agree but I personally think Owen is the most overated England player since Beckham...who only gets in my XI because SWP is out.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
just to be different...

Robinson
Carragher Terry Cole
Hargreaves Gerrard Lampard Downing
Owen Johnson Defoe
Cole at centre back...Johnson ahead of Rooney... :confused:
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Most people would agree but I personally think Owen is the most overated England player since Beckham...who only gets in my XI because SWP is out.
Cos his record at Real this season is appalling isn't it.... :rolleyes: Everyone wants him to be scoring goals like the one against Argentina week in week out.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
Cos his record at Real this season is appalling isn't it.... :rolleyes: Everyone wants him to be scoring goals like the one against Argentina week in week out.
Defoe has been on just as good goalscoring form, which in my opinion puts him above Owen as Defoe is getting service from the likes of Simon Davies, Reto Ziegler and Thimothee Atouba who aren't exactly at the standard of David Beckham, Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Robinson

Neville.....Terry.....Ferdinand.....Cole

Beckham.................Gerrard

...............Cole
Lampard.......

..Defoe................Rooney
Hazza_CPFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
From that squad I'd go for...

GK: Robinson

RWB: G Neville
CB: Terry
CB: Ferdinand
CB: King
LWB: A Cole

LCM: Gerrard
CM: Beckham
RCM: Lampard

CF: Rooney
CF: Owen/AJ
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
eeep... dont like that many defenders....
Hazza_CPFC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
eeep... dont like that many defenders....
Wing-backs, not strictly defenders.

Really in that list they should be inbetween the defence and midfield, giving us the width that is so desperately lacking at the moment.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Wing-backs, not strictly defenders.

Really in that list they should be inbetween the defence and midfield, giving us the width that is so desperately lacking at the moment.
i thought as much to be honest.. its just when i see a back 5 i automatically think 'eep! italian style football...'
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well done all who participated in the predictions this week. See thread for results!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently SWP, Owen, Adriano AND Gerrard (ignoring Ferdinand) have been linked with a move to Chelsea. :eek: Which means that Geremi, Tiago and Smertin will probably go, unsure on Cudicini, depends how good Lenny Pidgeley is.

Chelsea could be disqualified from the Champions League :eek: http://sport.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4291030 Has that happened before? I think if they did this against Chelsea, it would show them up on their lack of a strong arm against racism in Spain. As usual, all mouth and no trousers.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They can't really proove that the Ref didn't talk to the Barca manager during half time can they? Do they have video evidence?
trouttrout
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Even if they could prove it, it wouldn't matter. There is no rule saying refs are not allowed to in Europe. In domestic football there is a rule saying to the refs have no contact with either side at half time, but not in European football. Another UEFA **** up!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by trouttrout)
Another UEFA **** up!
Yep. There are talks of how 'we' should change our game to theirs so the English teams do better in the Champions League but there are also rules that non-dmoestic bodies can learn from us too.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
They can't really proove that the Ref didn't talk to the Barca manager during half time can they? Do they have video evidence?
They don't need to prove that the ref didn't talk to Rijkaard at half time, that's beside the point. They're accusing Jose, his assistant and the head of security of lying in their reports to UEFA. They are contradictory and they couldn't even see the door of the ref's room from where they said they were standing!
They have a report from a ref's assistant saying that Rijkaard didn't talk to the ref at half time anyway.
Besides, surely it would be up to Chelsea to prove that they did talk.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.football365.com/news/prem...y_147114.shtml

surely not.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you really want Fergie to stay?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never really thought about the possibility of him leaving.

I guess it depends who we bring in and how quickly they find their feet.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
http://www.football365.com/news/prem...y_147114.shtml

surely not.
ON the topic of Sackings... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rd/4371469.stm

...Shocking!?! :eek:

He's done a lot for the club, but I guess his league form wasn't good enuff in the end!

I always get so confused on my opinions with this issue... he has been United manager all my life! :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If Fergie goes, he should manage Scotland. Does this mean Mourinho will only have Wenger to muck about with?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (255)
48.48%
No (58)
11.03%
I'm not old enough (213)
40.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed