The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
If Fergie goes, he should manage Scotland. Does this mean Mourinho will only have Wenger to muck about with?
Fergie wont go anywhere soon :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Fergie wont go anywhere soon :confused:
Then why is he on a one year rolling contract then?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mourinho for Man Utd!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Mourinho for Man Utd!
Mourinho supported united as a child
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
RVN supported charlton as a child
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Steven Gerrard supports Everton..
Attached files
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
They can't really proove that the Ref didn't talk to the Barca manager during half time can they? Do they have video evidence?
Perhaps no video, but there were several officials present as "witnesses"; also apparently Chelsea's story is inconsistent with Mourinho's.

And I suspect Mourinho's outbursts regarding Frisk's refereeing in the weeks following the match didn't help. [source: The Guardian sports today.]
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Mourinho for Man Utd!
I doubt it.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I doubt it.
We'd rather have Ian Dowie anyway
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
We'd rather have Ian Dowie anyway
That wouldn't bother me.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...444524,00.html

Wonder if he'll actually go.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...444524,00.html

Wonder if he'll actually go.
The Arsenal camp seem pretty unsettled by transfer moves.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Arsenal camp seem pretty unsettled by transfer moves.
True, I could imagine them falling out of the big 3 in a couple of seasons. Their players are getting on a bit - youth isn't amazing and funds are low, fan base is significantly smaller than other top teams perhaps bar Chelsea but they make up for it with one rich one. Plus as you said a couple of big players could be on their way soon.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True, I could imagine them falling out of the big 3 in a couple of seasons. Their players are getting on a bit - youth isn't amazing and funds are low, fan base is significantly smaller than other top teams perhaps bar Chelsea but they make up for it with one rich one. Plus as you said a couple of big players could be on their way soon.
I'm not sure I can imagine them falling out of the big three just yet. It will depend if certain Arsenal players who were linked with teams before do actually move, and some may need to in order to increase income for Arsenal. I've read that Vieira should have gone for the challenge at Real Madrid, Pires should go to get Arsenal income, Reyes being linked with Real Madrid, then there are other players linked with other clubs.

Arsenal's fan base is larger than Chelsea's but over time I can see this changing, progress in the Champions League will help.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not sure I can imagine them falling out of the big three just yet. It will depend if certain Arsenal players who were linked with teams before do actually move, and some may need to in order to increase income for Arsenal. I've read that Vieira should have gone for the challenge at Real Madrid, Pires should go to get Arsenal income, Reyes being linked with Real Madrid, then there are other players linked with other clubs.

Arsenal's fan base is larger than Chelsea's but over time I can see this changing, progress in the Champions League will help.
I reckon it'll depend on how well the other teams progress and will another team (most likely Liverpool in my eyes) step up to the elite of Chelsea and Utd or will it become a league with only 2 major powers - not to the extent of the SPL but a bit like La Liga.

Although this would be an extremely biased sample, I can see Chelsea's fan base growing every day - whenever I go out there seems to be another boy or girl with a kit on even though they probably only watched footy for 2-3 years max.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon it'll depend on how well the other teams progress and will another team (most likely Liverpool in my eyes) step up to the elite of Chelsea and Utd or will it become a league with only 2 major powers - not to the extent of the SPL but a bit like La Liga.
We'll have to wait and see. A league like Serie A might be better, more competition for the big powerhouses.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rumours about Becks coming back to the Premiership. What team is he likely to play for? I I can't see the top 3 buying him.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rumours about Becks coming back to the Premiership. What team is he likely to play for? I I can't see the top 3 buying him.
I don't think Man Utd would take him back, Jose doesn't like big egos...maybe Arsenal but unlikely.

I know he trained with Spurs as a kid... or maybe if Everton got into the CL...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Spurs? I can't see him being in the top three either. We know who he'd like to play for but it won't happen.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I heard he really wants to go to Charlton, dont think we want him though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (183)
18.65%
Labour (501)
51.07%
Liberal Democrats (135)
13.76%
Green Party (55)
5.61%
Brexit Party (15)
1.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.41%
SNP (15)
1.53%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.71%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)