The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
i'm happy with the 2-1 win. carson was amazing except that momentary lapse. garcia's goal was quality!
He's a diamond in the rough. Give him a few years and he could be one of the best in the country
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
He's a diamond in the rough. Give him a few years and he could be one of the best in the country
He made one good save, and one horrendous error. All in all a non too convincing performance by Carson.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
He made one good save, and one horrendous error. All in all a non too convincing performance by Carson.
I'm not just talking about yesterday's game
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not just talking about yesterday's game
He hasn't done anything else? Oh, apart from misjudge Laurent Roberts cross against Newcastle and let it float over his head into the goal!
Did you see his howler for England under 21's two weeks ago that cost them the 3 points against Germany?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He hasn't done anything else? Oh, apart from misjudge Laurent Roberts cross against Newcastle and let it float over his head into the goal!
Did you see his howler for England under 21's two weeks ago that cost them the 3 points against Germany?
That was his first premiership start! He's only 19 years old, those mistakes go hand in hand with a lack of experience. He was decent against Bolton (except for dealing with crosses, where his punches weren't strong enough)
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That was his first premiership start! He's only 19 years old, those mistakes go hand in hand with a lack of experience. He was decent against Bolton (except for dealing with crosses, where his punches weren't strong enough)
He's about as much of a prospect as Kirkland (tries not to laugh)
He may turn out to be a good keeper, there again he hasn't really done anythin' at all in his career yet apart from have about 10 decent games for an average division one team in Leeds this season..
Dudek wouldn't have made that mistake last night.. heh' :cool:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's about as much of a prospect as Kirkland (tries not to laugh)
He may turn out to be a good keeper, there again he hasn't really done anythin' at all in his career yet apart from have about 10 decent games for an average division one team in Leeds this season..
Dudek wouldn't have made that mistake last night.. heh' :cool:
I did say he "could" be one of the best in country. He played for Leeds last season in the Prem which is where he started earning himself more widespread attention. Why do you think we had to fight off Chelski for his signature?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did say he "could" be one of the best in country. He played for Leeds last season in the Prem which is where he started earning himself more widespread attention. Why do you think we had to fight off Chelski for his signature?
Nah, if Chelsea really wanted him they would have gotten him. They've got Cech for the next 10+ years, so there wasn't really a real need for a potential first team keeper to be brought in.
I wonder if Kirkland will get the chance to become a Liverpool first teamer ever again, it's not often you get 3 keepers jostling for position.. who'll be leavin' in the summer?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nah, if Chelsea really wanted him they would have gotten him. They've got Cech for the next 10+ years, so there wasn't really a real need for a potential first team keeper to be brought in.
Signing him would be a mistake as Cudicini may move on soon, we have Pidgeley in place who has been with us for years. Chelsea have also bought a youngster from Leeds who was 9 years old or something and now after some teenager from Man City.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wonder if Kirkland will get the chance to become a Liverpool first teamer ever again, it's not often you get 3 keepers jostling for position.. who'll be leavin' in the summer?
Ultimately it's about who the player wants to play for, it might have been down to the fact that Carson didn't think he'd be able to dislodge Cech but it doesn't mean he won't grow to be a fantastic keeper.
Kirkland's injuries are getting annoying (especially for him, i think) he's the most likely to leave but i'd love to keep him, and Carson, and Dudek, but that's only cos i'm so indecisive! :confused:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ultimately it's about who the player wants to play for, it might have been down to the fact that Carson didn't think he'd be able to dislodge Cech but it doesn't mean he won't grow to be a fantastic keeper.
Kirkland's injuries are getting annoying (especially for him, i think) he's the most likely to leave but i'd love to keep him, and Carson, and Dudek, but that's only cos i'm so indecisive! :confused:
Heh, my own personal opinion is that none of the three keepers are convincing, but ignore me, i'm merely an Evertonian :cool:

Hey, you can have Dickie Wright if you want?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Heh, my own personal opinion is that none of the three keepers are convincing, but ignore me, i'm merely an Evertonian :cool:

Hey, you can have Dickie Wright if you want?
AAARGH! No please don't make us take him! You could lend us Martyn for a few weeks couldn't you?
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What a fantastic first half performance and a brilliant night last night. The whole night was done like no other club in the country can do. Chelsea, you can buy all the titles you want but you'll never have the class and respect the great clubs in Europe have.

Old wounds were partially healed last night and the rebirth of Liverpool Football Club continues. Viva Rafalution
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Viva Rafalution
Makes me sick :puke:Rafalution
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AAARGH! No please don't make us take him! You could lend us Martyn for a few weeks couldn't you?
Probably the most consistent goalie behind Mr Cech in the premiership!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Probably the most consistent goalie behind Mr Cech in the premiership!
mr kiely is not playing too bad...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Premiership leaders, who are set to increase Mourinho's pay by £1m-a-year to £5.2m, have yet to comment.
5.2 million a year, not bad eh?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
£5m quid a year to manage the richest football club in the world, amazing.

I wonder if he's on a 100k "post-match throw toys out of pram" bonus
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Total football: Rotherham United relegated.
vavavoom86
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
and he cant even be bothered to come watch and support his OWN team tonight(!)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.31%
Labour (439)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.53%
Green Party (48)
5.55%
Brexit Party (13)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.73%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise