The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There are very rarely any easy sides in the Champions League beyond the quarter finals for most teams anyway. It is said that the CL is harder than the World Cup.

But if we had Juve and beat them, that would be impressive for Chelsea, as we have beaten leaders of teams in their domestic leagues all on the trot.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Did u mean to say he thought Bayern Munich should have gone through?
Against Chelsea yes.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol it wouldn't be so impressive when we lose! not that we would of course
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Against Chelsea yes.
Well then why did u type Juventus? :p:. That's what confused me. In that case, yes I'd agree with him. Well, on the basis of last nights game anyway. But overall I think Chelsea deserved it.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I noticed that twice when Chelsea were leading and the commentators mentioned about having won the game already it has jynxed us - Andy Grey with Drogba's second chance going begging at the Nou Camp and then being 2-1 up at Munich. On both occasions we could have had rare wins at those stadiums
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Come on You Liverpool! I've got a good feeling about them tonight!!

Ballack thinks Jeuventus were the better side and deserved to go through and Magath complained about Lampard's deflection. Shame they don't complain about their diving.
Interesting team this Ballack plays for! :p:

(Original post by El Stevo)
i'm just frittened of what the Juve fans are gonna do - i think the game'll end in a 2-2 draw...
Imagine if they got a goal ruled out in the dying minutes! The fans would go crazy! :eek: Every week there is a lot of crowd violence in at least one Italian fixture... often they abandon games!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Well then why did u type Juventus? :p:. That's what confused me.
Too much football.

(Original post by ~Sam~)
But overall I think Chelsea deserved it.
Excellent.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Come on You Liverpool! I've got a good feeling about them tonight!!
Well I'm glad someone does! All I've been hearing all day is how we're going to get thrashed.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Well I'm glad someone does! All I've been hearing all day is how we're going to get thrashed.
You won't be thrashed.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and Drogba has been immense against Bayern. He'll be amazing!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You won't be thrashed.
Yeah. Unfortunately, it seems to be the type of game that has '1-0' written all over it But if we can get a goal I really think we can do it.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Final = Chelsea/Lyon :cool: Heheh
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Yeah. Unfortunately, it seems to be the type of game that has '1-0' written all over it But if we can get a goal I really think we can do it.
All you need to do is to provoke Juve fans to cause some violence and then you'll be awarded a win. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I wouldn't worry. I was feeling down being 2-1 worse off against Barcelona but somehow managed to go through. It's a knock out competition and you never know your luck etc.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
All you need to do is to provoke Juve fans to cause some violence and then you'll be awarded a win. :cool:
Hmmm...that sounds like a good plan!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Final = Chelsea/Lyon :cool: Heheh
Not AC Milan? It's funny how people said to look how many goals Lyon scored etc and they could only draw against PSV. So looking at goals scored is only reflective in your group.
ARCHK0VEN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I noticed that twice when Chelsea were leading and the commentators mentioned about having won the game already it has jynxed us - Andy Grey with Drogba's second chance going begging at the Nou Camp and then being 2-1 up at Munich. On both occasions we could have had rare wins at those stadiums
i'll tell you what mate.. chelsea's defence have declined a bit, of late.. conceding very frequently these days (especialylwhen you consider chelsea only let in a few in the first half of the season altogether).
it's weird how before they were getting through with 1-0 wins, with rock solid defence, and now they're scoring more but also letting in more.

chelsea seem to play longball/direct play a lot... im not saying they hoof it up the pitch, but they always play long with Drogba (who does a good job holding/winning header) .. and when they do, they pass it accurately which is why theyre suiccessful.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ARCHK0VEN)
i'll tell you what mate.. chelsea's defence have declined a bit, of late.. conceding very frequently these days (especialylwhen you consider chelsea only let in a few in the first half of the season altogether).
A few goals which have been conceded were soft but these things happen. It's also nearer to the end of the season so perhaps some players are tired and more likely to get injured with more competitions to play, plus relegation teams are going to make it difficult for you - Southampton did it to Everton, West Brom against Charlton, and Norwich against Man Utd.

In the last 9 games or so they have let in more goals than the previous 20 odd or something like that as mentioned in commentary to the Bayern Munich v Chelsea game.

I'm hoping that the defence sorts itself out. I'd rather see Chelsea play as they did 15 games or so ago than turn into Arsenal's style of playing. If I wanted to see such attacking football, I'd watch La Liga IMO.

Next season should be better though.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Mourinho has seem stuff about Brian Clough http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/i...03_203x152.jpg now compare that to his silencing of Liverpool in the League Cup final.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Mourinho has seem stuff about Brian Clough http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/content/i...03_203x152.jpg now compare that to his silencing of Liverpool in the League Cup final.
Jose will never be as legendary as Cloughie though!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (111)
33.64%
No I don't (155)
46.97%
I work during the holidays (64)
19.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise