The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jhm
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
doubt it... the monaco left back Evra is more likely to get a call up... newcastle's only good defender is Woodgate anyway.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nah, I agree Berndard has been quality, possibly best lb in prem this season, but I don't think he's been capped.
jhm
Report 15 years ago
I think Bernard has definitely improved this season... but i cant say he's been the best in the prem. what would your team of the season be?

i never rated ashley cole but this seaon he seems to have tightened up his game and become more reliable.It was good to see the villa guy JL Samuel get into the england squad.

it does make you worry when you consider that the french national team will be choosing between so much quality- lizarazu or silvestre at left back, sagnol or thuram at right back.good players like bernard and laurent robert dont even make the french 23!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Samuel is in the England squad?? I watched him today and he was decidedly average. One cap wonder as a substitute I'll wager.
He's had a great season though, and I'd rate him similarly to Bernard.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jhm)
doubt it... the monaco left back Evra is more likely to get a call up... newcastle's only good defender is Woodgate anyway.
Don't underestimate the power of TITUS!

I think Clichy is better than Cole... didnt Sven try out Chris Powell and Graeme Le Saux at left back? Laughable!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dil)
Don't underestimate the power of TITUS!
I'm not really sure what to say to that.
jhm
Report 15 years ago
i think Samuel just got brought in to the last squad for training- to be honest getting one cap for Sven isn't a great achievement is it- bearing in mind how many substitutions he makes?
bolton have a good left back- Hunt. he scored against liverpool and is now in the u21s.

i agree that Clichy looks like quite a good prospect, he is a formidable marker- althought young Ronaldo did give him problems in the cup semi.
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you mean Titus 'keep your eye on the ball son' Bramble? He seems to have a problem with clearances; either that or he just likes randomly swiping his boot at fresh air.
He seems to have a problem with a lot of things lol... what a total waste of money- how much did bobby fork out for him?
The best thing is to say nothing Zapsta
Dil
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He's the meanest defender in the prem. Tightarse Bramble.

I'll get me coat.
:rolleyes: I'll call the taxi...
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
He's had a great season though, and I'd rate him similarly to Bernard.
He's very average. Bernard is impressive when he plays.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Reports from the Dutch media say that PSV Eindhoven have agreed a deal with Aston Villa over Mark van Bommel! It seems they've gone further than Schalke and certainly Spurs in a deal for van Bommel.

Remarks?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Reports from the Dutch media say that PSV Eindhoven have agreed a deal with Aston Villa over Mark van Bommel! It seems they've gone further than Schalke and certainly Spurs in a deal for van Bommel.

Remarks?
LOL aston villa?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Remarks?
Any info on what the offer is?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
LOL aston villa?
Yep, just saw it on skysports.com, Aston Villa eh...

No mention of the fee though. Would have to be in the high 7 digits.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL aston villa?
Wolfie, turn on your msn.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep, just saw it on skysports.com, Aston Villa eh...
Champions League contenders.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh yeah, regarding left-backs, Bernard has been quality for Newcastle, one bright spark in a dismal season. Samuel should be challenging for England, what a season he's had. Nicky Hunt is I believe a right-back, but a potentially very good one at that.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Wolfie, turn on your msn.
i cant log on :eek:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i cant log on :eek:
Just tell me what the new change was then (I was aware, just didn't have details)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Just tell me what the new change was then (I was aware, just didn't have details)
im not sure either i was about to ask you! but people give it to me and its half of what it should be!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.35%
Labour (132)
49.44%
Liberal Democrats (37)
13.86%
Green Party (18)
6.74%
Brexit Party (4)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.12%
SNP (5)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.37%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.5%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)