The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
im not sure either i was about to ask you! but people give it to me and its half of what it should be!
No, completely different.

2776 gave out much less than half (apparently)
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Yes he gave me only 37 which is less than half what he should be able to give.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)

huntroyde gave me 17..so yea much less! maybe we can calculate some kind of mutual ration now..and btw, there is a new higher post requirement in order for you to give rep!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
First off Titus Bramble bought for 5mil thats 2mil than upson for Birmingham is subject to massive laspes in concentration and i think has been an awful signing for Newcastle considering i think they paid only a bit more for woodgate.

Secoundly L.Robert is soo bad off the ball its not even funny, he puts no effort what so ever into tracking back and he is only really any good with set pieces.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Real Threat to Beckham Future

David Beckham could be on his way out of Real Madrid as a power battle erupts at the Spanish giants.

Madrid lawyer Enrique Sobrino is set to challenge president Florentino Perez in elections at the end of the season and he has claimed the England skipper and former Manchester United midfielder may be sold if he is successful in his bid to win control of the club.

Sobrino said: "I would listen to offers for David Beckham. Beckham has to change."

When Barcelona president Joan Laporta was bidding to take over at the Spanish club a year ago he tried to use Beckham, then at Old Trafford, as bait to win votes.

United subsequently agreed a fee with Barca for Beckham but the player chose Real instead.

If Beckham were to leave Real he could finish up at Chelsea, owned by Russian oil billionaire Roman Abramovich.

"I would listen to offers for David Beckham. Beckham has to change"
-Enrique Sobrino

Sobrino, talking of his bid for power at Real, said: "The option we have of presenting ourselves at the election is getting more solid every day, independent of the results at the end of the season."

Sobrino would hope to tempt Ronaldinho to Madrid and his election would spell bad news for some of Madrid's 'galacticos', including Beckham.

"Some of them have not done enough and some of them are not doing enough," he said. "I would listen to offers for David Beckham and Luis Figo won't continue."

Another star under pressure would be Roberto Carlos.

"People say he has an agreement with another club, I don't know if that's true or not, but one thing that's certain is he is looking for the contract of his life and we're not going to give it to him," he said.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Yep, just saw it on skysports.com, Aston Villa eh...

No mention of the fee though. Would have to be in the high 7 digits.
I believe the fee is supposedly in the region of £6mil. Also read the whole article. Spurs have agreed a fee as well
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Sobrino would hope to tempt Ronaldinho to Madrid
That is not good. The small chance that Ronaldinho will still eventually come to United will vanish if he goes Madrid. Go away Sobrino, no one likes you.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
I believe the fee is supposedly in the region of £6mil. Also read the whole article. Spurs have agreed a fee as well
And we really need him!

And why do Spurs want to get rid of Rohan Ricketts? He's a great player, though Andy Reid is being compared to Duff, and that is a player we really need.

If we sort out our midfield and defence, and get a new keeper, we could actually, really challenge for a European place next season.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
And we really need him!

And why do Spurs want to get rid of Rohan Ricketts? He's a great player, though Andy Reid is being compared to Duff, and that is a player we really need.

If we sort out our midfield and defence, and get a new keeper, we could actually, really challenge for a European place next season.
and becks is coming to chelsea this summer woo hoo!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And we really need him!

Ricketts had a run in with The Potato
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And we really need him!

Reid is only being compared to Duff by his manager. He is definitely not worth £10mil, barely even the £5mil plus Ricketts. I'd keep Ricketts.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Reid is only being compared to Duff by his manager. He is definitely not worth £10mil, barely even the £5mil plus Ricketts. I'd keep Ricketts.
Well, Reid is a regular in the Republic of Ireland team now, so he must have some talent, and is highly regarded by quite a few managers. I don't think he is worth £10 million though. I think if we got him for £5 million or under, without selling Ricketts, it would be a good deal for us.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, Reid is a regular in the Republic of Ireland team now, so he must have some talent, and is highly regarded by quite a few managers. I don't think he is worth £10 million though. I think if we got him for £5 million or under, without selling Ricketts, it would be a good deal for us.
To be fair, Ireland don't really have many others to play there. If they played Duff on the left they'd have to play Morisson or someone up front.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To be fair, Ireland don't really have many others to play there. If they played Duff on the left they'd have to play Morisson or someone up front.
Morrison and Keane have worked well for Ireland up front together.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Spurs whole midfield could be replaces and no one would really notice. You seriously need some talent, i think that Okacha would be a good buy from Bolton if you can get him since he obvioulsy isnt liking it there.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Spurs whole midfield could be replaces and no one would really notice. You seriously need some talent, i think that Okacha would be a good buy from Bolton if you can get him since he obvioulsy isnt liking it there.
Davies, Ricketts and Brown are the only good midfielders we have.

Not including King, because he should be in defence.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Davies, Ricketts and Brown are the only good midfielders we have.

Not including King, because he should be in defence.
Davies has had a shocker compare to how well he was playing last year. I think Ricketts is talented and certainly has a good future ahead of him however i disagree about Brown, to me he has 1st divsion player written all over him.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Davies has had a shocker compare to how well he was playing last year. I think Ricketts is talented and certainly has a good future ahead of him however i disagree about Brown, to me he has 1st divsion player written all over him.
Davies has had a poor season, but he has had his injuries and I agree Ricketts is a talented player.

But Brown has performed consistently well for Spurs since he joined. Works hard both in attack and defence, and a very useful player to have.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Davies has had a poor season, but he has had his injuries and I agree Ricketts is a talented player.

But Brown has performed consistently well for Spurs since he joined. Wprks hard both in attack and defence, and a very useful player to have.
he wouldnt be in any team i picked but i suppose that you are a bit short on choice. I think that you definately need a new midfielder or 2, Van Bommel would be a good signing, however given Spurs lowly league postion i think it would be difficult to attrach much in the way of quality unless you were prepared to pay a bit more which would be out of characther. Also you seroiusly need a decent manager for next season. Talyor isnt up to it.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
and becks is coming to chelsea this summer woo hoo!
Nah he wont, cus the Sobrino dude wont win the election. (hopefully)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.6%
No I don't (116)
46.96%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.43%

Watched Threads