The Student Room Group
Reply 1320
Speciez99
he wouldnt be in any team i picked but i suppose that you are a bit short on choice. I think that you definately need a new midfielder or 2, Van Bommel would be a good signing, however given Spurs lowly league postion i think it would be difficult to attrach much in the way of quality unless you were prepared to pay a bit more which would be out of characther. Also you seroiusly need a decent manager for next season. Talyor isnt up to it.

According to Levy, many "top-class" managers have put their name forward for the job. We need someone who is proven, and regulalry successful.

We need 4 or 5 midfielders to add to our squad and the same with our defence, as well as a new keeper.
theaman
According to Levy, many "top-class" managers have put their name forward for the job. We need someone who is proven, and regulalry successful.

We need 4 or 5 midfielders to add to our squad and the same with our defence, as well as a new keeper.
yeah i think you could still end up a dud. and get postiga to play to his potential.
Reply 1322
Speciez99
yeah i think you could still end up a dud. and get postiga to play to his potential.

If he starts to keep playing like he did in the league game at home to Liverpool earlier on this season, he will be very good player. He was great in that game, and scored too.

For manager, I'd prefer someone with Premiership experience.
Reply 1323
Speciez99
Davies has had a shocker compare to how well he was playing last year. I think Ricketts is talented and certainly has a good future ahead of him however i disagree about Brown, to me he has 1st divsion player written all over him.

I agree about Brown. He lacks quality and is unable to do the simple things you'd expect of him. With regards to Davies, he hasn't actually played that badly, it's more the fact that the rest of the midfield is so weak he's been easily overpowered, and he has had a lot of injuries preventing him from having a decent run. He's only had a shocker compared to the first half of last season. Post-Christmas he was playing a lot worse than he is now. I think if I were to choose 3 Spurs midfielders though it would be Davies, Ricketts and Dalmat. Dalmat hasn't been consistent, but at times he's been a genius. I'm also not sure he's been treated correctly by the club considering his temperament. I'd have all 3 of them playing, with Dalmat playing the attacking midfield role. It would probably have to be Brown in the last spot. This would leave King free to play in defence alongside Mabizela (not bloody Gardner who does not have the technique or attitude to get very far).
mc_watson87
Nah he wont, cus the Sobrino dude wont win the election. (hopefully)

I doubt Quieroz will either
Reply 1325
TheWolf
I doubt Quieroz will either

Well considering it's the election for the club president, it is unlikely.
Reply 1326
Zapsta
I agree about Brown. He lacks quality and is unable to do the simple things you'd expect of him. With regards to Davies, he hasn't actually played that badly, it's more the fact that the rest of the midfield is so weak he's been easily overpowered, and he has had a lot of injuries preventing him from having a decent run. He's only had a shocker compared to the first half of last season. Post-Christmas he was playing a lot worse than he is now. I think if I were to choose 3 Spurs midfielders though it would be Davies, Ricketts and Dalmat. Dalmat hasn't been consistent, but at times he's been a genius. I'm also not sure he's been treated correctly by the club considering his temperament. I'd have all 3 of them playing, with Dalmat playing the attacking midfield role. It would probably have to be Brown in the last spot. This would leave King free to play in defence alongside Mabizela (not bloody Gardner who does not have the technique or attitude to get very far).

Have to disagree about Brown. He is solid, and does jobs well, that the others in the midfield can't do.

Dalmat has been inconsistent. Maybe a break might have done him some good, and he can come back in and hit some good form again.
I'm a Chelsea fan, who likes Adrian Mutu? :cool:
ady_azzuro
I'm a Chelsea fan, who likes Adrian Mutu? :cool:

yep! hell be v.great next season!
TheWolf
yep! hell be v.great next season!

He didn't have a great season, Abramovic should buy Adriano, Mutu and him formed the best partners(attacking) in Europe last year... :wink:
I hope Chelsea will get Champions League this season! :cool:
Reply 1330
ady_azzuro
He didn't have a great season, Abramovic should buy Adriano, Mutu and him formed the best partners(attacking) in Europe last year... :wink:

europe? you mean the intertoto cup... i bet hasselbaink has scored more than crespo and mutu put together.
granted adriano is top class but he wont be going to chelsea cos he is vieri's replacement at inter
ady_azzuro

you heard about beckham going to chelsea in the summer?(the possibiity :biggrin: )
ady_azzuro

Adriano is an amazing player. He has it all. I was watchin him the other day against Perugia and he was blo*dy amazing.
Reply 1333
perugia are a struggling team though..don't they have a coventry reject up front and also a ghaddafi in their squad! Cassano is a player they should seriously be looking at- they could eally exploit Roma's financial problems
Reply 1334
TheWolf
you heard about beckham going to chelsea in the summer?(the possibiity :biggrin: )

Personally i couldn't imagine him ever doing that!
Kuz
Personally i couldn't imagine him ever doing that!

why not! :biggrin:
football is aload of shit well borin to watch... impressive how this thread has 1k+ posts tho lol o0
Reply 1337
SoulBrother
football is aload of shit well borin to watch... impressive how this thread has 1k+ posts tho lol o0

Whats your favourite sport then?
Basketball :biggrin: still i can never find when/what channel it shows on :frown:
Reply 1339
SoulBrother
Basketball :biggrin: still i can never find when/what channel it shows on :frown:

Not impressed by your 1st post as your cussing my favourite sport...but do you watch slamball which is a variation of basketball, its on trouble (sky channel), and basket ball is regularly on sky sports and sometimes basketball news / update pogramme is on ITV1 on saturdays

Latest