?
Report 14 years ago
Yay for Chelsea Clever little bunnies!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nobody's put Pompey v Saints in the betting forum still :bawling: Oh well, that could be a good thing cos I was planning on betting everything on Portsmouth!

I'm off to the match now If any of you like boxing, wrestling, cop shows and possibly football, I urge you all go head to the pub to watch it 12 noon kickoff
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
If you saw the way Baros got kicked all over today, you'll change your view on who the disgusting team was. Not moaning or anything but it took the piss today.

Result not a surprise though. We'll turn up against Chelsea like we did Juve and Leverkusen but have to scrap to beat Boro and Villa at home.
Sorry, but Baros did not get "kicked all over" yesterday - I was there and he goes down easier than Miss M Lewinski. He did it at Anfield earlier in the season as well.

I thought it was a good game and didn't notice too much strong tackling from either side. Gerrard got frustrated at one point and lashed out (as he is prone to do), but other than that it was just an English match.

C'mon Palace... all is not lost.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is ready to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.

Owen told the News of the World today that he will quit Spain this summer after failing to find a regular starting place in Real's first team - despite his exceptional scoring record.

Newcastle and Arsenal have both confirmed their interest in the former Liverpool star.

But it's emerged Chelsea have also asked about Owen's availability and been informed they can sign the England ace for £14 million.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Real Madrid striker Michael Owen is ready to leave the Santiago Bernabeu.

Owen told the News of the World today that he will quit Spain this summer after failing to find a regular starting place in Real's first team - despite his exceptional scoring record.

Newcastle and Arsenal have both confirmed their interest in the former Liverpool star.

But it's emerged Chelsea have also asked about Owen's availability and been informed they can sign the England ace for £14 million.
No quotes? Strange.
£14M? Strange.
News of the World. Strange.

Pompey 2-1 Southampton
Oziris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Nobody's put Pompey v Saints in the betting forum still :bawling: Oh well, that could be a good thing cos I was planning on betting everything on Portsmouth!

I'm off to the match now If any of you like boxing, wrestling, cop shows and possibly football, I urge you all go head to the pub to watch it 12 noon kickoff
I was expecting an entire thread on it, like the Chelsea - Arsenal game...its more important to both teams.

Pompey 3 Scummers 1 :p:

what a goal
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
4-1 now. Jesus.

(waits for someone to reply: "No, it was Lua Lua")
Oziris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
4-1 now. Jesus.

(waits for someone to reply: "No, it was Lua Lua")
Well if you really want that....

Great game so far, well worth the £6 from prem plus :p:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/n...name_page.html
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bellamy...what a cocky *******. =\
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Southampton all but relegated now, in my opinion. Which one will stay up? I hope it's Norwich but the wise money would be on Palace (I think)
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Southampton all but relegated now, in my opinion. Which one will stay up? I hope it's Norwich but the wise money would be on Palace (I think)
Palace!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Words fail me

Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND....yipppppppppppppppp ppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee!

'Cheer up Peter Reid, oh what does it mean to a...'..HOLD UP he has left; oh well it STILL works cos he ain't there!

Go u Blackcats; they will prob come STRAIGHT back down though....bo-hooo! Me dad would NOT be happy with that..OBVIOUSLY..state the bleeding obvious dunt I?

Oh, yes and on that note:WELL DONE TO Hull and Luton for their promotion. Hull have a good footy team and VERY GOOD rugby team; what is that all bout? Jammy Hull-ers...
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND....yipppppppppppppppp ppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee!

'Cheer up Peter Reid, oh what does it mean to a...'..HOLD UP he has left; oh well it STILL works cos he ain't there!

Go u Blackcats; they will prob come STRAIGHT back down though....bo-hooo! Me dad would NOT be happy with that..OBVIOUSLY..state the bleeding obvious dunt I?
shhhhhhh
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
shhhhhhh
Say what...WHAT does 19 mean? :confused:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It means Sunderland are officially the worst team in Premiership history, by far.

That's worse than even the likes of Swindon and Barnsley.
Oziris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No Palace have to go down...(emphasis on have )

I would say West Brom or Norwich to stay up.
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It means Sunderland are officially the worst team in Premiership history, by far.

That's worse than even the likes of Swindon and Barnsley.
There isn't such thing as the Premiership nemo..it is a new era; SAFC won't let it happen again! :cool:

Maybe true..but I think my local team Barnsley (team still support) were worse in performance..bar a couple of matches!

HISTORY IS HISTORY THOUGH; the past cannot be rectified, but the future can be kinda controlled; hopefully won't happen again in such an atracious fashion!

They are by FAR the best Championsip team though; adn deserve to go up! :p:

BTW..Middlesborough are cool.... :cool: Does Windass still play there? Jimmy Floyd rules....
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some Premiership records - before 2001/2002 season.

PREMIERSHIP RECORDS:

Lowest points total in history:
Watford, 24 in 1999-2000. Sunderland, 19.

Lowest goals total:
Leeds, 28 in 1996-97. Sunderland, scored 21.

Lowest number of wins:
Swindon, 5 in 1993-94. Sunderland, 4.

Longest losing streak:
Leicester 8 in 2000-01. Sunderland now 15.

Most own goals in Premiership match:
Three against Charlton in 3-1 defeat.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise