The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
slim786
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
You all post so fast. I'm always 5 posts behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I read a dubious stat somewhere that teams containing Wes Brown concede roughly every 45 minutes, whereas teams playing with 10 men concede every 60 minutes on average. I don't know if its true, but its hilarious if it is as it means that they'd be better off just playing with 10 men than with him!
Wes Brown for England. The man is a class act. Those stats would be about his period after returning from injury, and no one does their best then do they?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
And that makes them donkeys how? They are actually very skilled footballers.
Indeed they are. Man utds defence seemed to hold out better than their opponents in their last match i seem to remember. 1-0 i think the score was.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
spurs will never get diego, he is eyed by the top clubs at the mo including united + real
We have first option on him. Yay. Also in an interview he said he wanted to go to London to work under a Portugese manager. No clubs in London have a Portugese manager, however we have been linked with Jose Mourinho, current Porto manager. This suggests to me that we could get both manager and player, or even that we practically have them.

Also, to the best of my knowledge Diego is being pursued by Spurs and Italy's top clubs, not by Man U and Real (I have never heard these rumours). You mentioned Robinho before, I think the word is he's on his way to Barca. I'd obviously love to see him at Spurs, but to be honset I think he'd cost way too much.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zapsta)
We have first option on him. Yay. Also in an interview he said he wanted to go to London to work under a Portugese manager. No clubs in London have a Portugese manager, however we have been linked with Jose Mourinho, current Porto manager. This suggests to me that we could get both manager and player, or even that we practically have them.

Also, to the best of my knowledge Diego is being pursued by Spurs and Italy's top clubs, not by Man U and Real (I have never heard these rumours). You mentioned Robinho before, I think the word is he's on his way to Barca. I'd obviously love to see him at Spurs, but to be honset I think he'd cost way too much.
What bout kaka, i think i heard (from u) that he was going to spurs. lol :rolleyes:
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But his head looks like a baked bean.

I don't really think he's all that bad. But England? Nah, there are a few others ahead of him.
Well of course, we are blessed, we have Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, Woodgate, Upson.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
Tottenham seem to always try and get the players top teams reject. This happened with Rivaldo, Defoe and Van Bommel. Although Defoe is a class player.
Van Bommel rejected Arsenal, not the other way round.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
What bout kaka, i think i heard (from u) that he was going to spurs. lol :rolleyes:
Lol. Milan issued a press release saying he wasn't going to Spurs, which suggests we were linked with him. I don't know where the rumours came from to be honest. £10mil was allegedly the fee.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LOL!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I read a dubious stat somewhere that teams containing Wes Brown concede roughly every 45 minutes, whereas teams playing with 10 men concede every 60 minutes on average. I don't know if its true, but its hilarious if it is as it means that they'd be better off just playing with 10 men than with him!
Thats cus most 10 men teams are normally Arsenal (though not that much recently, eventhough lehmann should have been sent off for pushin ronaldo), and their defence is pretty good.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats cus most 10 men teams are normally Arsenal (though not that much recently, eventhough lehmann should have been sent off for pushin ronaldo), and their defence is pretty good.
whats this thing about niemi going to Arsenal? Why?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
whats this thing about niemi going to Arsenal? Why?
Because they need a decent keeper?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes! Crazy git Lehmann was just a stopgap measure.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
niemi is a good player - but why dont they want like one of the best ones in the world? imo niemi is on the same level as lehman
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Isn't it like 60 red cards at Arsenal since Arsene Wenger took over?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal haven't been doing too badly in the disciplinary stakes lately, they've cleaned up their act it seems.
More like they've realised how far they can go and get away with it.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because they either can't afford them or they aren't for sale. Niemi is fairly snazzy though, a good keeper there is no doubt about that.
im sure there are a few on offer in the summer transfer window
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
niemi is a good player - but why dont they want like one of the best ones in the world? imo niemi is on the same level as lehman
Niemi is one of the best in the world. If you mean someone like Buffon, firstly he'd cost more than £20mil, secondly Juve (or whatever other club they try to get a keeper from) would never let him go.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yep they do. Lehman has actually got a screw loose. Should have been sent off at least 5 times this season.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
maybe they realised the red acrds were costly e.g. campbell missing four games end of last season which helped in them losing the title
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.87%
Other (0)
0%
None (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise