thats just stupid :confused:
Reply 14081
chats
thats just stupid :confused:

Especially since Everton will probably get knocked out in the qualifiers anyway
Reply 14082
~Sam~

It doesnt seem right, not having the holders in the tournament. If Liverpool win it (very unlikely :p: ) it would be so unfair if they were'nt even in the tournament next season!
Reply 14083
chats
It doesnt seem right, not having the holders in the tournament. If Liverpool win it (very unlikely :p: ) it would be so unfair if they were'nt even in the tournament next season!

We are gonna win it goddammit! :biggrin:
I suppose we could cope without the Champions League for a seaon, we'll just have to concentrate on the League! But if we don't get it, Stevie will be off :frown:. And we won't be able to attract as good players just being in the UEFA cup. Oh, and the whole money thing too.
Reply 14084
~Sam~

afi will 'ave ya!
Reply 14085
jumpunderaboat
afi will 'ave ya!

Well he's been really mean about Liverpool lately :frown:
And anyway, he knows I'm right :biggrin:
Reply 14086
~Sam~
Well he's been really mean about Liverpool lately :frown:
And anyway, he knows I'm right :biggrin:

hehe :biggrin:
~Sam~

Let's hope we get some pooey Middle Eastern team if we get to the qualifying stages.. :biggrin:
Fairdos, I am f*cking bored.
Itd be interesting to see what team we'll put out tommorow :smile:
TheWolf
Itd be interesting to see what team we'll put out tommorow :smile:

Strongest team possible would be nice, please :biggrin:
ps - yey im not alone in here! :p:
hey i gotta go, talk laters man, what do you think about becks playing centre half? =\
Come on Everton, Chelsea and Middlesbrough tomorrow!

Everton, Everton, Everton!
Reply 14093
afireinside©
Come on Everton, Chelsea and Middlesbrough tomorrow!

Everton, Everton, Everton!

:confused: Don't you mean Fulham, Bolton and Liverpool? :confused:

:p:
~Sam~
:confused: Don't you mean Fulham, Bolton and Liverpool? :
:p:

I certainly do NOT
pig
No peep from the mags and smoggies about the only team in the North East to win something this season?

Heh, well done to the Sunderland, will be nice to take 6 points from them next year! :biggrin: :cool:
pig
apparently there is some money kicking around somewhere...

That's what was said about Everton over Christmas time. It certainly wasn't in the christmas spirit to get our hopes up about a £30m takeover.. :frown:
Hopefully, due to this great season, potential investors will start crawling out of the woodwork.. It comes to something when Everton can be outbid by clubs like Birmingham, can;t afford to pay the wages of Bolton, and have players choose teams like Fulham over us (thankfully this part should be history now :smile:)

Edit: I don't think Sunderland will go straight back down. If Wigan come up they'll be straight back down, and so will the team from the bottom 4 in the prem that doesn't go down this year.. Sunderland will hopefully establish themselves as a quality Premier League team in years to come :smile:
pig
Well hopefully! Back where they belong contrary to the belief of people like the mags :smile: I've got much more faith in McCarthy than I had in Reid, Reid was ok but could only take the team so far (then it all went to pot), McCarthy seems to be able to pull good young players out of the bag and we're also playing really good football now. I reckon a lot depends on our goalscorers. If you haven't got people to score a few you're not going to stay in the prem. Elliott looks like a great prospect, great goal tonight and been excellent all season, and he's improving. I shall have to actually get off my arse and go to a few matches now, glory hunter that I am :smile:

Haha - it's difficult to get to matches for myself, as i'm working every single Saturday and when I do get the chance either my Evertonian mates are in work or theres nobody else to go with! - i've promised myself that i'll go to one of the European away games next season though.. being in Europe and all.. :wink:
I think Mick has done a good job for Sunderland, he's a good manager and it seems like the players are all working hard for him - just need to bring in a few decent players, even if it means picking them up from Division One so be it; look what we got in Tim Cahill! :cool:
Plus it doesn't take much to be better than teams such as Pompey, Southampton etc..
pig
McCarthy seems to be able to pull good young players out of the bag and we're also playing really good football now. I reckon a lot depends on our goalscorers. If you haven't got people to score a few you're not going to stay in the prem.

Just out of interest, how's Chris Brown doing? Thought he was a great striker when you lot loaned him to Donny Rovers last season and I heard he was getting a few first team appearances this season. In fact, we could do with another striker... :wink:
pig
Pretty good, he's been starting matches lately and putting in a lot of work up front.

Fantastic! Looks like that's a local lad done good then :smile: Well, I wish you the best of luck in the Prem next season, and now I think I shall (finally) go to bed. Good night.

Latest