mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
this also is kind chelski related...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4502765.stm
Lol, it would have been so different with that stingy ******* in charge!

(Original post by TheWolf)
15000th post :cool:
:cool:
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, it would have been so different with that stingy ******* in charge!

:cool:
aye Liverpool would have had Jose Mourinho :eek: dont think he would have done much better than Rafa this season though... I mean look at Cara Jamie Cara and Igor nowadays...
sparkle86
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i didnt even know the game was on until i finished work at 7 and walked into the bar at work and it had just finished. i was well annoyed. im not like a full on chelsea supporter but i do like them alot.

well done chelsea.

karen x
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Goal by Frederic Kanoute (Tottenham) drilled right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from centre of penalty area (18 yards).Tottenham 1-0 Aston Villa. Assist by Paul Robinson (Tottenham)
:eek:

Good old 'Route 1' tactics :cool:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hate how folks have gone on and on about it was only the money that Chelsea won the league. (bad grammar I know)

Point - Chelsea were in 2nd place last year.
Point - Chelsea also got to the semi finals last year.
Point- Robben was already signed up by the Tinkerman before Jose was even a twinkle in the boards eye as was Cech!
Point - Terry, Lampard, Gallas, Gudjohnson, Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Huth, Cole, and I am sure I have missed someone, all of whom have played an important part of the winning process, were already in the team before Roman and Jose came to Chelsea.

Yeah okay Roman is made of money and it literally grows on trees for him. Man Utd and Arsenal have a pool of money they could if it were released, dip into. Roman is worth billions, but as for Chelsea the team it is not. Chelsea still rank behind Man Utd and Arsenal in the wealth league. Its the team not the man. Sure somene will dig out stats (NDGAARONDI where are you?).

Groan over with.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Liverpool are interested in signing Adam Johnson apparently. They consider him a better prospect than Downing. I wouldn't like to see him go, but if we get good money for him then they're welcome to him.

This is in the Sunday People.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Point - Terry, Lampard, Gallas, Gudjohnson, Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Huth, Cole, and I am sure I have missed someone, all of whom have played an important part of the winning process, were already in the team before Roman and Jose came to Chelsea.
Correction: Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Johnson, Cole and Bridge were all signed since Roman has been there by Tinkerman.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Correction: Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Johnson, Cole and Bridge were all signed since Roman has been there by Tinkerman.
Hehe I thought that
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
And the other 3 points before that were irrelevant as well because the 2nd place, the CL semis and the signings of Cech and Robben were also all achieved while Roman was there and the money was endless. Just because it's Jose in charge now instead of Claudio doesn't make a difference.
SJ No.18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hate how folks have gone on and on about it was only the money that Chelsea won the league. (bad grammar I know)

Point - Chelsea were in 2nd place last year.
Point - Chelsea also got to the semi finals last year.
Point- Robben was already signed up by the Tinkerman before Jose was even a twinkle in the boards eye as was Cech!

Yeah okay Roman is made of money and it literally grows on trees for him. Man Utd and Arsenal have a pool of money they could if it were released, dip into. Roman is worth billions, but as for Chelsea the team it is not. Chelsea still rank behind Man Utd and Arsenal in the wealth league. Its the team not the man. Sure somene will dig out stats (NDGAARONDI where are you?).

Groan over with.

Chelsea have always spent a great deal of money before roman came. Obviously not as much as now but if you look at the figures im pretty sure chelsea have spent more than arsenal in the past 5 years.
Arsenal and Man utd have gained wealth by the success on the pitch, this should always be the route, unlike chelsea who have had some russian sugar daddy come out of nowhere and buy the league.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I shall say it does concern me to think that as long as Roman is in charge of Chelsea I can't really see anybody else challenging them for the title.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
And the other 3 points before that were irrelevant as well because the 2nd place, the CL semis and the signings of Cech and Robben were also all achieved while Roman was there and the money was endless.
Chelsea have been able to get some great players with Roman's money but as we can see in Madrid at the moment and last season, the best players dont always play as a team and certainly Mourinho has given them alot of belief and unity. The fact that Chelsea made a loss of £87 million is something that would not be tolerated in any other club of business.
Here if you don't believe me about the status of chelsea's money situation. They have a £115 million pound interest loan!!!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SJ NO.18)
But then, to start being successful you need to invest and spend dosh.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I shall say it does concern me to think that as long as Roman is in charge of Chelsea I can't really see anybody else challenging them for the title.
I'm hoping Arsenal can. With Gilberto back, it could be a bit more interesting (although Chelsea will get a few more stars in the summer). If we can keep our beginning of season form and end of season form throughout the whole season, then we'd certainly challenge. But I doubt we can. =\
EPD
Report 15 years ago
Yeah okay Roman is made of money and it literally grows on trees for him.
Impressive. Where can we get these trees?
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SJ No.18)
Arsenal and Man utd have gained wealth by the success on the pitch, this should always be the route, unlike chelsea who have had some russian sugar daddy come out of nowhere and buy the league.
Or that Arsenal and Manchester Utd are more commericalised and better at convicing kids in downtown Beijing that they need to have a utd shirt to live despite the fact they are unlikely to even know where Manchester is.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Originally posted by Speciez99
Correction: Geremi, Makelele, Duff, Johnson, Cole and Bridge were all signed since Roman has been there by Tinkerman
Excuse me, Roman only came the start of last season which was 2004!!! Check it out below all from Chelsea website.

Player Info Bridge
Squad Number: 18
Date of Birth: 05 Aug 1980
Height: 5 10
Weight: 12st 8lb
Career
Signed: 21 Jul 2003
Previous clubs: Southampton

Player Info Cole
Squad Number: 10
Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1981
Height: 5 9
Weight: 11st 13lb
Career
Signed: 06 Aug 2003
Previous clubs: West Ham United
Debut: MSK Zilina (A) 13 Aug 2003

Player Info Gudjohson
Squad Number: 22
Date of Birth: 15 Sep 1978
Height: 6 1
Weight: 14st 1lb
Career
Signed: 20 Jun 2000
Previous clubs: FC Valur, PSV Eindhoven, KR Reykjavik, Bolton Wanderers
Debut: Man Utd (Charity Shield, Wembley) 13 Aug 2000

Player Info Duff
Squad Number: 11
Date of Birth: 02 Mar 1979
Weight: 12st 2lb
Career
Previous clubs: Blackburn Rovers

Player Info Makelele
Squad Number: 4
Date of Birth: 18 Feb 1973
Height: 5 7
Weight: 10st 8lb
Career
Signed: 31 Aug 2003
Previous clubs: Real Madrid
Debut: Tottenham (A) 13 Sept 2003

Player Info Geremi
Squad Number: 14
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 1978
Weight: 13st 3lb
Career
Signed: 16 Jul 2003
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
I'm hoping Arsenal can. With Gilberto back, it could be a bit more interesting (although Chelsea will get a few more stars in the summer). If we can keep our beginning of season form and end of season form throughout the whole season, then we'd certainly challenge. But I doubt we can. =\
Well I hope Arsenal can for the same of the premierleague! :cool:
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Excuse me, Roman only came the start of last season which was 2004!!! Check it out below all from Chelsea website.

Player Info Bridge
Squad Number: 18
Date of Birth: 05 Aug 1980
Height: 5 10
Weight: 12st 8lb
Career
Previous clubs: Southampton

Player Info Cole
Squad Number: 10
Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1981
Weight: 11st 13lb
Career
Signed: 06 Aug 2003
Previous clubs: West Ham United

Player Info Gudjohson
Squad Number: 22
Date of Birth: 15 Sep 1978
Height: 6 1
Weight: 14st 1lb
Career
Signed: 20 Jun 2000
Previous clubs: FC Valur, PSV Eindhoven, KR Reykjavik, Bolton Wanderers
Debut: Man Utd (Charity Shield, Wembley) 13 Aug 2000

Player Info Duff
Squad Number: 11
Date of Birth: 02 Mar 1979
Weight: 12st 2lb
Career
Previous clubs: Blackburn Rovers

Player Info Makelele
Squad Number: 4
Date of Birth: 18 Feb 1973
Height: 5 7
Weight: 10st 8lb
Career
Signed: 31 Aug 2003
Debut: Tottenham (A) 13 Sept 2003

Player Info Geremi
Squad Number: 14
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 1978
Weight: 13st 3lb
Career
Signed: 16 Jul 2003
no =>see date of article
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (59)
19.28%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
20.92%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.95%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (65)
21.24%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.13%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.48%

Watched Threads