The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm just concerned of arrogant Liverpool fans who will still consider themselves to be European champions at the end of next season. :p:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If Liverpool win it they should have a qualifying match, 2 legs, Pool Vs Everton.....that would be :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
If Liverpool win it they should have a qualifying match, 2 legs, Pool Vs Everton.....that would be :cool:
Nope, shouldn't come down to that. Why should Everton be made to play for their right to play in the CL when they've already met the criteria? (obv if we finish 4th..)
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon if Liverpool win it all 5 teams should be entered, all it would mean is 1 extra game in qualifying.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Good Idea! :cool:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Nope, shouldn't come down to that. Why should Everton be made to play for their right to play in the CL when they've already met the criteria? (obv if we finish 4th..)
scared you might lose?
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I reckon if Liverpool win it all 5 teams should be entered, all it would mean is 1 extra game in qualifying.
That's just bending the rules though. It shouldn't happen.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope. Winners don't qualify, simple as that!
You can't change the rules half way through the season, it's like the FA suddenly deciding four teams will get relegated instead of three on the last day of the season.. it doesn't happen/ and if it did it'd be totally wrong.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
scared you might lose?
Not at all. We're a better team than them, that's for sure. Look at the millions they've spent trying to win the premier league and look what it's got them!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not at all. We're a better team than them, that's for sure. Look at the millions they've spent trying to win the premier league and look what it's got them!
CL final?
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
i agree...

they said top 4...so top 4 it is.

its not a rule that the winner gets automatic entry, so they can bugger off to the uefa if they dont mean the requirement.
I agree, but I wouldn't have put it like that. Liverpool may have achieved in the CL, but run of form (which the premiership is all about really) has stated that they are not worthy of a CL place next season... Although Liverpool throughly deserve to be where they are now in the CL, progression to where they are now were just (used loosely) a few matches, the premiership is a statement of overall form, and via this they have not proved to be in the 4 teams in the country, easy as that really.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
CL final?
They have spent millions trying to win the premiership, look where it's got them..
They are 5th in the league and are fighting to rescue a UEFA cup place :cool:

Champions League aside, they'd had an awful season - and the league is the most important thing, whatever they say!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I agree, but I wouldn't have put it like that. Liverpool may have achieved in the CL, but run of form (which the premiership is all about really) has stated that they are not worthy of a CL place next season... Although Liverpool throughly deserve to be where they are now in the CL, progression to where they are now were just (used loosely) a few matches, the premiership is a statement of overall form, and via this they have not proved to be in the 4 teams in the country, easy as that really.
Well said.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They have spent millions trying to win the premiership, look where it's got them..
I reckon they'll win it under Rafa. Got to remember that this is his first season in England.
They are 5th in the league and are fighting to rescue a UEFA cup place :cool:
Uefa is pretty much agiven but agreed 5th isn't good enough for them.

Champions League aside, they'd had an awful season - and the league is the most important thing, whatever they say!
If the champions league didn't matter why do you wanna come 4th so badly...
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The quality of a team is not determined by its success with respect to money spent.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
The quality of a team is not determined by its success with respect to money spent.
If it was Chelsea would be the worst team in the league. :rolleyes:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its determined by table positioning
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon they'll win it under Rafa. Got to remember that this is his first season in England
I reckon if they played someone like Middlesbrough in the CL final they'd get beat - i'm 80% convinced that they'll leave Istanbul empty-handed.

Uefa is pretty much agiven but agreed 5th isn't good enough for them
They've spent the money that should have ensured they would be challenging for the premier league title many a time.

If the champions league didn't matter why do you wanna come 4th so badly...
We didn't say we'd be getting 4th spot!
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
its determined by table positioning
Haha ok I'll give you credit there. That's kindof what I was implying anyway.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well everybody is criticising Chelsea for buying the title.. I reckon Liverpool are 3rd biggest spenders in the UK over the past 5 years..

I hope they get ****ted in the final, and for if there is any justice in this world AC Milan (or PSV) will win from a goal that didn't even cross the line and the RS will have a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed and the RS will go bankrupt and liquidate out of existence...

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)