This discussion is closed.
Pirate Roberts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sorry to go back a bit here, didn't go on-line yesterday

(Original post by fernando)
i dont like the fact that only 2 teams can be promoted though and i think 4 are relegated for the north/south conferences to succeed
But surely 2 teams are better than one? I can remember thinking Donny would never get out if they had to win outright to gain promotion. As for not having play-offs at all and just automatic promotion:

From what I've seen in the conference, one team seems to get so far ahead that there's no chance of the others overtaking. Play-offs give the lower teams a reason to keep playing well right to the end. The supporters get entertained more for longer and the team can get extra revenue from the play-off matches. Ok, it's unfair when the outright 2nd team (e.g. Hereford in 2003) loses to one of the other 3 but they wouldn't have had the second chance of the play-offs didn't exist.

BTW, well done Liverpool.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
:eek: come back!
He will, he's like a giant everton boomerang.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pirate Roberts)
Sorry to go back a bit here, didn't go on-line yesterday

But surely 2 teams are better than one? I can remember thinking Donny would never get out if they had to win outright to gain promotion. As for not having play-offs at all and just automatic promotion:

From what I've seen in the conference, one team seems to get so far ahead that there's no chance of the others overtaking. Play-offs give the lower teams a reason to keep playing well right to the end. The supporters get entertained more for longer and the team can get extra revenue from the play-off matches. Ok, it's unfair when the outright 2nd team (e.g. Hereford in 2003) loses to one of the other 3 but they wouldn't have had the second chance of the play-offs didn't exist.

BTW, well done Liverpool.

but most leagues have 3 up and 3 down, and it seems unfair that theres more teams being relegated then promoted
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Have I missed something? Why has afireinside left?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
College?
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Have I missed something? Why has afireinside left?
he hasn't for real has he??
i thought it was just due to that bet he made, but he shouldn't leave because of that.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by razormylight)
he hasn't for real has he??
i thought it was just due to that bet he made, but he shouldn't leave because of that.
He's made a 'last post' thread. I dunno. What bet was it? He's been in a really bad mood the last couple of days!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
check on page 768, someone showed a thing he said something about 'if liverpool win the semi-final, then i'll never post on tsr again' or something similar to that. and then he said, bye
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
check on page 768, someone showed a thing he said something about 'if liverpool win the semi-final, then i'll never post on tsr again' or something similar to that. and then he said, bye
He'll be back...Probably the next time Everton win. So hopefully that won't be for a while!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
He'll be back...Probably the next time Everton win. So hopefully that won't be for a while!
lol, awwwww bless him hope he comes back soon, he's fun to talk (/argue) with :p:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, awwwww bless him hope he comes back soon, he's fun to talk (/argue) with :p:
He usually is. He's been really bitter and come out with some really unfair comments since the semi though!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oops...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
He usually is. He's been really bitter and come out with some really unfair comments since the semi though!
At least we're not experiencing the problems between Celtic and Rangers. :eek:
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50505-0929.htm

"When Gudjohnsen had that chance at the end I was s***ing myself. If he had scored I would have started crying. I would have retired on the spot or maybe even shot myself," said an emotional Riise, who then treated the crowd to a celebratory strip-show during manic moments that followed the final whistle."

Gotta love him :cool:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)

"When Gudjohnsen had that chance at the end I was s***ing myself. If he had scored I would have started crying. I would have retired on the spot or maybe even shot myself," said an emotional Riise, who then treated the crowd to a celebratory strip-show during manic moments that followed the final whistle."

Riise's a legend. He's become just as much a red as Hyypia is.

It's just not a good image, JAR running around Anfield in his tight grey pants. He looked ridiculous wearing nothing but his y fronts, but with red socks and football boots. He probably got some stick back in the dressing room ( no pun intended whatsoever).
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)

Lol, Riise is well cool! Quality player.

His hairstyle was no Cisse's tho!
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Lol, Riise is well cool! Quality player.

His hairstyle was no Cisse's tho!
Quality, if a little insane.

He's had it pretty full on all season, especially with Kewell out. And now we have Kewell and Warnock again, Riise should be rested. Perhaps Hamann should be rested as well, with Biscan to start. The Chelsea game was his first minutes of football since injury. We need our players to be up for the Premiership run in as well as the CL final. But we're going to need a good line against Arsenal.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we win the cup, we get to keep it :cool:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/dril...050505-1330.htm
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Aye.. sorry about those! :p:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Aye.. sorry about those! :p:
welcome back!

Great finish here
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed