The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
had! we are not talking about the past, we are talking about the here and now!
Exactly, and all in all, results makes a good team. And Monaco sure have had some good results this season.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Parker was immensely crap. My dad kept telling me how he didn't rate him at all, and I was trying to argue but he left me with nothing
Dads always do that tho!

I argued with my dad yesterday as he seems to think Aston Villa are a better team than Chelsea (because of their win), and he put his argument across in a way that I almost started to believe it!

Parker is a brilliant player, its just since he moved to Chelsea he hasn't been at his best!
slim786
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea missed Gallas big time as Desailly is way past it. Defence suffered due to this. Allowed Monaco chance to pounce which they duly did.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Dads always do that tho!

I argued with my dad yesterday as he seems to think Aston Villa are a better team than Chelsea (because of their win), and he put his argument across in a way that I almost started to believe it!

Parker is a brilliant player, its just since he moved to Chelsea he hasn't been at his best!
lol aston villa better than chelsea...anyways parkers done ok today, had to help out alot in defence
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
Because I can see desire and willingness (and lack of) when it's in front of me. Albeit with the aid of spectacles but I can. Chelsea maybe had the thought that 1-1 would be a good result and the second leg was at home, maybe they relaxed. But Monaco sensed weakness in Chelsea's midfield. And they seized on it. Which Chelsea player in the second half looked to you like they wanted to win? Exactly.
Quite true actually!
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Partly because he's barely been played in position. I didn't believe my dad btw, I just gave up.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because I can see desire and willingness (and lack of) when it's in front of me. Albeit with the aid of spectacles but I can. Chelsea maybe had the thought that 1-1 would be a good result and the second leg was at home, maybe they relaxed. But Monaco sensed weakness in Chelsea's midfield. And they seized on it. Which Chelsea player in the second half looked to you like they wanted to win? Exactly.
Crespo and Bridge. Huth maybe.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
so are we talking about each season now? i thought we agreed on 2 years or something
But look at the difference (for example) of Chelsea's team this compared with the last...a sizeable difference! It is the seasonal change of team which have the major say in whether a team is a good/great/amazing/superb/awesome! As it is the way the that team play that season that dictates current form!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
No offence but how can a team playing well over a short period of time be called great/amazing.
You're right but no one is comparing Monaco to the great teams of the past. Im just saying they are good, deserve their place and some recognition.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Crespo and Bridge. Huth maybe.
I'll agree on Bridge, he did try hard.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
I think major problem Chelsea had was no outlet out wide to prevent it from being so compact in central midfield. Also wide men would of stretched monaco as they had 10 men. Free up space for lampard and makelele. Once Gronkjaer was substituted they didn't have this option so struggled in midfield.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol aston villa better than chelsea...anyways parkers done ok today, had to help out alot in defence
i no dads eh! :rolleyes: ... yeah parker was ok, nothing like what he can be!
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea need more width which duff when fit will provide as will robben next season.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
If you appreciate your players being non-existent
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
veron has been very dissapointing...i do wonder sometimes whether he will ever go back to his old good form
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
did anyone notice Monaco played alot like Arsenal for small bits of it. Is that the french way of playing?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
Chelsea need more width which duff when fit will provide as will robben next season.
A right winger would be nice as well. They'll probably end up getting Joaquin. Sigh
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
veron has been very dissapointing...i do wonder sometimes whether he will ever go back to his old good form
British football has killed all of Veron's talents he should move back to the continent
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
A right winger would be nice as well. They'll probably end up getting Joaquin. Sigh
Unless Real get back to them about Figo :rolleyes:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Unless Real get back to them about Figo :rolleyes:
id have figo, still a class player
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (43)
33.08%
No I don't (61)
46.92%
I work during the holidays (26)
20%

Watched Threads