Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
I don't think you will.
And it's the FA's choice. And they've already made it clear that it's either:
1) 4th placed team
2) 5 teams for England

It's against the rules for the 2nd one, isn't it?
UEFA and the FA both have rules saying that the winners go through. Its been well documented in the Times, and they are saying that both parties will stay quiet untill we win or lose on May 25th.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
UEFA and the FA both have rules saying that the winners go through. Its been well documented in the Times, and they are saying that both parties will stay quiet untill we win or lose on May 25th.
Nope - you won't go into it if you win it.

Listen, UEFA will allow 4 teams from England only.
The FA has stated that the top 4 teams will go through, but want Liverpool to be given a place if they win it.
UEFA will allow 4 teams from England only.
UEFA also said that the FA could request the 4th place team (if they werent Liverpool) go to the UEFA Cup if Liverpool won the CL, thus giving them the position - The FA didn't do this!
4 teams only, see.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Nope - you won't go into it if you win it.

Listen, UEFA will allow 4 teams from England only.
The FA has stated that the top 4 teams will go through, but want Liverpool to be given a place if they win it.
UEFA will allow 4 teams from England only.
UEFA also said that the FA could request the 4th place team (if they werent Liverpool) go to the UEFA Cup if Liverpool won the CL, thus giving them the position - The FA didn't do this!
4 teams only, see.
Lol ok, point taken.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol ok, point taken.
I know if you won it it'd be harsh for you to miss out - but there was never a chance that it'd be at the expense of the team in 4th - not a chance!

I know if you won it there'd probably be a massive hoo-har about you not being in it, but all UEFA will say is that the FA had the chance to request you to go into the CL instead of 4th placed team..

Anyway, it's not in the rules for u to go into it auto if u win it, so you'd never get anywhere.. even if it went to court!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
I know if you won it it'd be harsh for you to miss out - but there was never a chance that it'd be at the expense of the team in 4th - not a chance!

I know if you won it there'd probably be a massive hoo-har about you not being in it, but all UEFA will say is that the FA had the chance to request you to go into the CL instead of 4th placed team..

Anyway, it's not in the rules for u to go into it auto if u win it, so you'd never get anywhere.. even if it went to court!
lets say if we did win it, i dont think id b moaning about not being in it the next season....just think of the money!

BTW that was quite nice a post by u not dissing us!
Pirate Roberts
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It says in today's Telegraph that if the winner is not from Italy, England or Spain then they can defend the title even if they finsh outside the top 4. The FA are bringing this anomaly up with UEFA.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pirate Roberts)
It says in today's Telegraph that if the winner is not from Italy, England or Spain then they can defend the title even if they finsh outside the top 4. The FA are bringing this anomaly up with UEFA.
Maybe because those three countries have the most teams in it already? :confused:
Pirate Roberts
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Maybe because those three countries have the most teams in it already? :confused:
It doesn't give any reason why, just what the rule is. Like, if Bayern Munich won but didn't get one of the German qualifying places, they'd still be able to come back the next time. And I thought every country was allowed only 4 places :confused:
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pirate Roberts)
And I thought every country was allowed only 4 places :confused:
I don't think so. I think England were given the fourth spot after Man Utd. (and Arsenal to some extent) were doing well in the CL. I think it's dependent on the previous form of the clubs.
Pirate Roberts
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
I don't think so. I think England were given the fourth spot after Man Utd. (and Arsenal to some extent) were doing well in the CL. I think it's dependent on the previous form of the clubs.
Thanks for enlightening me. I've never paid much attention to the Champions League as Donny have never been in a position to challenge for a place. Perhaps in another couple of seasons though The article just caught my eye as I was flicking thru the paper.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
No, Man United's good form (and Arsenal's lack of it in Europe) has been consistent for about 10 years. The 4th spot was added after our UEFA Cup win in 2001. Add that to the quarter final spot in 2002 and final spot this year plus Chelsea last year, England's co-efficient is very healthy but not thanks to the mancs solely.

IF we beat Milan, I'll be buggered if the sponsors of the tournament dont lobby for the holders to be included in the tournament next season. It simply wont happen, if we win it, we'll be in it - guaranteed, whatever the muppets at FA/UEFA may say at the moment. Mind you, if we do win the thing I couldnt care less if we're playing in the intertoto cup!!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was Zenden actually diving? I really couldn't tell from the camera angle, and i can't see how Lawrenson saw it. =\ I think he was clipped.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Was Zenden actually diving? I really couldn't tell from the camera angle, and i can't see how Lawrenson saw it. =\ I think he was clipped.
I thought he was clipped and then lost his footing a few strides later. Not a dive in my opinion, Lawrenson has always been a knob jockey.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lets say if we did win it, i dont think id b moaning about not being in it the next season....just think of the money!

BTW that was quite nice a post by u not dissing us!
Hehehe!! :cool::p:
I'm not all bad!
Yeah I know the money situation is the biggest factor man, that's why we're so damn made up that we *could* be in the CL next season!
This would mean everything to us, and if we can get into Europe constantly for the next couple of years it would totally transform our football club

=

Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
I'm not all bad!
Yeah I know the money situation is the biggest factor man, that's why we're so damn made up that we *could* be in the CL next season!
This would mean everything to us, and if we can get into Europe constantly for the next couple of years it would totally transform our football club

=

...and maybe, just maybe, you can become the next newcastle! :p:
PHP Code:
12    Newcastle United    37    10    13    14    46    56    -10    43 
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
...and maybe, just maybe, you can become the next newcastle! :p:
PHP Code:
12    Newcastle United    37    10    13    14    46    56    -10    43 
*growls*
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if man city win next week its uefa cup time
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
if man city win next week its uefa cup time
Hahaha Man Citeh will pip Spurs and Boro to the UEFA Cup, they'll be gutted!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wish the FA charge Souness for his comments from time to time. He's getting worse than SAF, Wenger and Mourinho.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
I'm not all bad!

=

Yeah i know, its all about the money man! Im still waitin to see wat investment we get in the summer, if we do get one at all. combined with the CL run money and the new sponsorship deal + about 15m from selling players we could buy atleast 5 players. Same goes for u lot, if u get in the CL ull get some players aswell.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.48%
UKIP (8)
0.97%
Other (6)
0.73%
None (30)
3.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise