The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
did anyone notice Monaco played alot like Arsenal for small bits of it. Is that the french way of playing?
are you a girl btw? Because I feel lonely being the only girl on this thread except for Xenon.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a firm belief that XtinaA is a girl still! :eek:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
id have figo, still a class player
your joking right? figo at chelsea?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have a firm belief that XtinaA is a girl still! :eek:
lol! oh did i forget to add her/ him/ it?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
You'd be surprised what roubles can achieve...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
why not?
hattori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
are you a girl btw? Because I feel lonely being the only girl on this thread except for Xenon.
I thought you were a boy. Im a boy.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
You'd be surprised what roubles can achieve...
Maybe not a trophy but
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea = deplorable
Claudio = abysmal tactics

Big mistake taking off Gronkjaer and bigger mistake putting Huth on for Parker. Oh well mistakes like that will make sure we Gooners will win next season too = but i wouldnt have minded seeing Chelsea do well and maybe lift the cup - Come on England
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Chelsea = deplorable
Claudio = abysmal tactics

Big mistake taking off Gronkjaer and bigger mistake putting Huth on for Parker. Oh well mistakes like that will make sure we Gooners will win next season too = but i wouldnt have minded seeing Chelsea do well and maybe lift the cup - Come on England
You're obviously forgetting that mistakes can be learned from

Such as Desailly still playing, make Gallas first choice and retire the old guy!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Have you seen Liverpool lately?

The fast attacking style is very effective if you can do it; you need very good players to pull it off. The most effective style changes all the time - a few years ago wingers and tall strikers were the most effective tactic, we went through a period of 3 at the back and wing backs blah di blah... now the counter attacking style seems to have evolved into 'the arsenal style' whatever its called, and is pretty effective.
It seems like counter attacking is the only way to score goals but it is a little old now. Do you remember the man u v real madrid match last season, when real madrid were charging through the defence, they had so many players just rush through. I thought that would be the future of football.

I think Alex ferguson was going to play that style but then Ronaldhino went to barca.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You're obviously forgetting that mistakes can be learned from

Such as Desailly still playing, make Gallas first choice and retire the old guy!
mexes would be a handy addition to our squad
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mexes would be a handy addition to our squad
Whereas Desailly has done squat! Gallas is easily better. How is Desailly club captain!?
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well you can't just attack all the time. A few teams have tried it, but it just somehow never quite pays off - the teams with the solid defences win in the end. Even Brazil aren't daft enough to play without some sort of defence and solid midfield.
Well you can be very strong attacking and have a still have a solid defense if you have really good players.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Whereas Desailly has done squat! Gallas is easily better. How is Desailly club captain!?
Good question. It's a total lack of repsect for Terry and what he's done.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well you can't just attack all the time. A few teams have tried it, but it just somehow never quite pays off - the teams with the solid defences win in the end. Even Brazil aren't daft enough to play without some sort of defence and solid midfield.
Brazil showed people how to do it in Jap/Kor 2002, with fast, free-flowing counter-attacking, defenders would join in and central midfielders would sit back and protect. That was great to watch and so effective. Arsenal do in a sense replicate this, with pace upfield incase a counter-attack is on, and a natural ability to attack in possession.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brazil sowed people how to do it in Jap/Kor 2002, with fast, free-flowing counter-attacking, defenders would join in and central midfielders would sit back and protect. That was great to watch and so effective. Arsenal do in a sense replicate this, with pace upfield incase a counter-attack is on, and a natural ability to attack in possession.
I prefer it when they just give the ball to Henry and he runs up the field, going past four players and then scores whilst falling over!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brazil sowed people how to do it in Jap/Kor 2002, with fast, free-flowing counter-attacking, defenders would join in and central midfielders would sit back and protect. That was great to watch and so effective. Arsenal do in a sense replicate this, with pace upfield incase a counter-attack is on, and a natural ability to attack in possession.
how did germany get into the world cup final then?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how did germany get into the world cup final then?
Who exactly did they play?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who exactly did they play?
i was saying that its not always the most offensive team/good counter-attacking team that wins
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)