The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Everton have shown all season that they can compete with the best the Premier League has to offer, with the exception of Chelsea. We've 'peaked' all season, we haven't dropped out of the top four since September.
Moyes has plenty of pulling power, don't kid yourself. He'll get Manager of the Year for sure, and has a great reputation for being a fair manager and one of the best up and coming managers in the game. He has for a long time been linked to the Man Utd hot-seat, but he'll be staying.
We'll have money to spend, we have some of the best players in the Premier League playing for us in the shape of Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta (most would disagree, but just look at their performances - Cahill - 12 goals in first season from midfield) and we will be in the Champions League; which is more than Liverpool, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Tottenham and all of the other so-called big guns in the Premier League will be able to boast about.
All in all, I think that's plenty of pulling power, although if you'd rather join a team with Biscan, Traore, Dudek, Kirkland, Pellegrino, Morientes and with a reputation for buying heavily every summer to replace expensive flops then obviously that'd be the players choice..! :cool:
Excuse me for pissing on your parade, but haven't Biscan, Traore & Kirkland played a part in elevating Liverpool to the CL final? These 'expensive flops' have, for the most part, been bought by another manager. The current one (once again) has had only one season in charge, during which time he's taken Liverpool to the final of 2 cups, and a finish in certainly the top section of the premiership. What have Everton got to show for their efforts? In the grand scheme of things with CL qualification aside, 1 table place. You may say that Moyes has been 'tipped' for the Manchester United job? Quieroz has always been the favourite, and Martin O'Neill has been up there too. Benitez, on the other hand, has been linked several times with Real Madrid.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Who is famed for making rash decisions constantly. Leaving out his star central defender and then ending up losing games; chopping and changing his attacking options and resulting in no decent partnerships being formed, dropping his goalkeepers after they make a mistake or two.. bla bla
who is known for winning La liga and the uefa cup.....come on u cant deny the guy some respect....and he inherited houliers squad, what more can i say
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
I don't think Liverpool can expect to do better next season. Teams like Newcastle, Spurs, Middlesbrough are all going to buy big in the summer, and this'll make it even harder for EFC or LFC to challenge for the 4th spot. Next season I can see it being Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd in the top three again..
we do and we will do better next season, if our away form gets sorted well be in the top 3. just wait and see. im sure u agree that manu are on thier way down
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Excuse me for pissing on your parade, but haven't Biscan, Traore & Kirkland played a part in elevating Liverpool to the CL final? These 'expensive flops' have, for the most part, been bought by another manager. The current one (once again) has had only one season in charge, during which time he's taken Liverpool to the final of 2 cups, and a finish in certainly the top section of the premiership. What have Everton got to show for their efforts? In the grand scheme of things with CL qualification aside, 1 table place. You may say that Moyes has been 'tipped' for the Manchester United job? Quieroz has always been the favourite, and Martin O'Neill has been up there too. Benitez, on the other hand, has been linked several times with Real Madrid.
thanks raindance, u seem to know what ur on about and i agree
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Basically, if you were Joaquin, for example, who would you choose to play for out of Liverpool and Chelsea?
Chelsea.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea.
I meant Everton. :confused:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let's be honest, 'Rafa' aka Rafael Beneathus, bought heavily in the summer. Yes, fair enough with a lot of luck he's got you to the CL final - somehow. I don't think you deserve to be there, but you are - and we can't deny that. But he bought in the summer to be challenging for the title; look what he's got you. You got knocked out of the FA cup, the most respected English cup , for showing no respect whatsoever to your opposition. Does that show the Rafa is underknowledged, doesn't know what the cup means? Surely he didn't mean to play half of his youth team against Burnley?

Everton have got a jump of 13 places in one season to show for themselves. We spend -27 million this season on new talent, that's roughly 60m less than Beneathus spend on trying to win the Premier League.

Oh, and next season we might just be able to play host to teams such as Barcelona.. AC Milan.. Real Madrid.. which is more than Mr Benitez will be able to claim.

I think most people would agree that Moyes is technically smarter than Benitez, and also that, on a whole, he is a better manager.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
we do and we will do better next season, if our away form gets sorted well be in the top 3. just wait and see. im sure u agree that manu are on thier way down
Yep, Ronaldo and Rooney are past it.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, I think they are. But I think other teams aside from Liverpool are gonna be looking to take that spot away from them.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I meant Everton. :confused:
Everton or Liverpool:

I'd chose Liverpool but get a minimum release clause so Man Utd, Chelsea, Milan, Barca or Juve could snap me up.

Alternatively I'll tell both clubs to **** off and I'd stay put at Real Betis.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Let's be honest, 'Rafa' aka Rafael Beneathus, bought heavily in the summer. Yes, fair enough with a lot of luck he's got you to the CL final - somehow. I don't think you deserve to be there, but you are - and we can't deny that. But he bought in the summer to be challenging for the title; look what he's got you. You got knocked out of the FA cup, the most respected English cup , for showing no respect whatsoever to your opposition. Does that show the Rafa is underknowledged, doesn't know what the cup means? Surely he didn't mean to play half of his youth team against Burnley?

Everton have got a jump of 13 places in one season to show for themselves. We spend -27 million this season on new talent, that's roughly 60m less than Beneathus spend on trying to win the Premier League.

Oh, and next season we might just be able to play host to teams such as Barcelona.. AC Milan.. Real Madrid.. which is more than Mr Benitez will be able to claim.

I think most people would agree that Moyes is technically smarter than Benitez, and also that, on a whole, he is a better manager.
one good season and u come up with remarks like that! 4th place must be getting to your head. We got garcia, josemi, alonso [injured], cisse[injured, houlier buy]....so thats basically 2 players in the summer.

i think most ppl would agree that rafa is a better manager, and hasnt adapted to the prem in his first season, and that everton have peaked and will be below the bottom 6 next season
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
one good season and u come up with remarks like that! 4th place must be getting to your head. We got garcia, josemi, alonso [injured], cisse[injured, houlier buy]....so thats basically 2 players in the summer.

i think most ppl would agree that rafa is a better manager, and hasnt adapted to the prem in his first season, and that everton have peaked and will be below the bottom 6 next season
And his first season finish of 7th - remarkable again as we were previously lingering around the relegation zone before he taken over!

Josemi - Beneathus buy - waste of money
Garcia - Beneathus buy - waste of money, although he scores a few so not as bad.
Cisse - Houllier buy - waste of money - he had half a season to show what he can do and he's done f*ck all. Beattie has been given 6 games so far and all the LFC fans are saying the same about him? :confused:
Alonso - Beneathus buy - good player
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
And his first season finish of 7th - remarkable again as we were previously lingering around the relegation zone before he taken over!

Garcia - Beneathus buy - waste of money, although he scores a few so not as bad.
Cisse - Houllier buy - waste of money - he had half a season to show what he can do and he's done f*ck all. Beattie has been given 6 games so far and all the LFC fans are saying the same about him? :confused:
josemi -waste of money [lol]

garcia - what the hell are u talking about boy....he will become a legend. hes a show player, so what if he sometimes gives the ball away.

Cisse - even i cant judge him yet so how can u?

Alonso - best passer in the premiership

and moyes was in england before rafa has come from spain which is a totally different league.

some of your points are valid and i agree with them but even u must admit some of them are total BS, and ur just saying them to annoy me!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)

You are right about Josemi and Alonso but...
Garcia is the shizzle!
Cisse is a different class to Beatie, it's like comparing kebabs with poo sticks.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alonso - best passer in the premiership
One of the best.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
You are right about Josemi and Alonso but...
Garcia is the shizzle!
Cisse is a different class to Beatie, it's like comparing kebabs with poo sticks.
i like garcia he can create and score good goals. 13 goals from midfield in his first season is not bad. look at baros hes crap
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Cisse - Houllier buy - waste of money - he had half a season to show what he can do and he's done f*ck all
Yea but Cisse is well cool! :cool:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i like garcia he can create and score good goals. 13 goals from midfield in his first season is not bad. look at baros hes crap
I reckon Baros is quality, considering he's had no strike partner and supply coming from Biscan while Alonso was out... plus you runs his legs off for LFC.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Beattie is the best isnt he....
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yea but Cisse is well cool! :cool:
it's the hair isn't it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.69%
Labour (158)
49.22%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.02%
Green Party (20)
6.23%
Brexit Party (4)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.93%
SNP (7)
2.18%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.62%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.25%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.87%
Other (0)
0%
None (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise