The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I reckon Baros is quality, considering he's had no strike partner and supply coming from Biscan while Alonso was out... plus you runs his legs off for LFC.
run his legs off with his head down straight over the touchline. Baros i think will go too valencia. hes clearly not impressed rafa
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
run his legs off with his head down straight over the touchline. Baros i think will go too valencia. hes clearly not impressed rafa
They shud try and swop 'im with Aimar :tsr:
Ranieri wasn't playing him earlier in the season :eek: :confused:
Dunno if hes happy atm tho.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I meant Everton. :confused:
Well, if I was a player linked with Chelsea and other Premiership sides including Everton and Liverpool, I'd still say Chelsea.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
it's the hair isn't it
Fo sure! :cool:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
They shud try and swop 'im with Aimar :tsr:
Ranieri wasn't playing him earlier in the season :eek: :confused:
Dunno if hes happy atm tho.
yeah aimar maybe but i prefer vicente who has publically said he wants to leave. aimar has had bare injury problems.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
yeah aimar maybe but i prefer vicente who has publically said he wants to leave. aimar has had bare injury problems.
Ooo yea, he's quality.

( Shud be a good game between Barca and Valencia tonite! )
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ooo yea, he's quality.

( Shud be a good game between Barca and Valencia tonite! )
yep, u watchin us against arsenal? im wtachin on coolstreaming
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Get ur ass down to the pub homie!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Get ur ass down to the pub homie!
lol.....im pretty sure our away form wont change today so wats the point
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol.....im pretty sure our away form wont change today so wats the point
Be a proper fan!
Go to the pub!
Or even better, go to Highbury, you probably live nearby!
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Be a proper fan!
Go to the pub!
i have no money!

i think its obvious im a proper fan after the countless arguments iv had with u about everton
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Stamford Bridge is a better stadium.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
init highbury is to small
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Yep! Should be a good game!
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Ashburton is gunna be betta :p:
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ashburton is gunna be betta :p:
Ooh baby. :cool:

Although it's gonna be named after Emirates =\
But I'll still take it...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Ooh baby. :cool:

Although it's gonna be named after Emirates =\
But I'll still take it...
The Emirates Stadium doesn't sound too bad IMHO - and for a cool 100m I wouldn't be complaining! :p:
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
The Emirates Stadium doesn't sound too bad IMHO - and for a cool 100m I wouldn't be complaining! :p:
Oh no, of course not!

Plus it looks so pretty...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
On form, Baros is amazing. Off form, he's frustrating. Jury's still well and truly out on him. He's bloody hard to defend against, and he obviously has the confidence to take people on. Coupled with the fact he gets regular football, can score goals, and is Czech Republic international; it's safe to assume he's a far better footballer than Beattie - a footballing has-been who never even made it to international stage.

Cisse's proven quality. A regular in the France team, leading goal scorer last season, amazingly quick (whereas Beattie's just fat), has attacking instict, and awareness. He's not by any means the finished article, but he's only just come back from a career-threatening injury. In fact, he came back qucker than anyone would have imagined, has put his body on the line despite not being 100%, has real passion for LFC, and so the fans love him. They may not be english, but real players like Cisse, Hamann, Hyypia & Riise are what the Kopites love, crave & sing songs about.

Garcia is a dubious figure. He's scored 13 goals from midfield, is our top CL goalscorer etc. In european competition, he transforms into a completely different player. In the premiership though, he's still too light-weight. However, he knows Benitez's game inside out, has hunger, and seems to have gone part of the way to solving our RM conundrum.

Josemi started off well, seemed to be one of the deals of the season at £2m, but soon turned to mediocricy and injured himself. You can hardly blame this change of form in the manager - it's down to the player's attitude.

Transfers aside, 'Beneathus', as you ever-so-wittingly call him, as one of the major coups of the season, was a major influence in persuading Gerrard to stay. Before the start of the season, he was 24 hours away from training at the Bridge. Now it looks like he's committing his future to us. A bigger player than Everton will ever be able to sign.

Additionally, look at the quality he's brought out in previously terrible players. Traore is completely transformed, as is Biscan. Neither should be the type of players worthy of 1st team Liverpool, but they've got heart, and shows us how Benitez can inspire a player. Can also cite Carragher. Auxilliary, jack-of-all-trades, turned into the rock of Liverpool's defense. Can't counter argument any of the above. Ditto for Riise.

As for technical ability. Moyes, better than Benitez? You're having a laugh. Moyes, never been to another league. No experience of European football. No notable progression in domestic cups at all. No european games to think about. Yet a tactical genius? I think not.
For the 3rd time (do we really need a 4th?) this is Benitez's first season. Never had to manage a Premiership team before. Has made the odd mistake, ie Burnley - at least he's willing to blood our young players in. Prospective talent can never be realised if it is never challenged. Liverpool, in spite of a ridiculous amount of injuries to first team players (and lengthy injuries at that) he's still got Liverpool to 5th place, on top of the fact that it's his FIRST SEASON. FA cup failure can be counter balanced by Carling Cup final, in which his side were just about out-played by the most expensive squad assembled in the history of the game, whilst managing to put a few goals in the opponent's net. Further examples of Benitez's tactical ability? Champions League final. No way is the 'Group of Death', followed by Leverkusen, followed by Juventus, followed by Chelsea an easy path to the final.

If you seriously think Moyes can match that, you really shouldn't think at all.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by mockel)
Oh no, of course not!

Plus it looks so pretty...
It does look pretty!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (409)
43.7%
No (97)
10.36%
I'm not old enough (430)
45.94%

Watched Threads