Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
If you seriously think Moyes can match that, you really shouldn't think at all.
I'll just smile, it's all that needs to be done really
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Oh no, of course not!

Plus it looks so pretty...
i'd like to see how the new anfield stadium'll turn out. won't really be the same though
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How much debt do Liverpool have?
Everton had £30 million pounds worth at the start of the season, this was pretty much cleared by rooney, however it has meant that this season and last, Moyes has had no where near as much money to spend on squad buliding.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
i'd like to see how the new anfield stadium'll turn out. won't really be the same though
New username! :cool:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
New username! :cool:
lol, yeah. i needed to change it for reasons. and also i think its easier shorter now!! :p:
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
... Further examples of Benitez's tactical ability? Champions League final. No way is the 'Group of Death', followed by Leverkusen, followed by Juventus, followed by Chelsea an easy path to the final.

Lool, Liverpool and Chelsea had the easiest groups. :p:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ashburton is gunna be betta :p:
No doubt. Shame there are complications if Chelsea wanted to build a new stadium. Then again, Camp Nou > Ashburton.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
Hope they don't cop out and let a sponsor rename the stadium. Keep the name as Anfield (New Anfield would be exceptable, Stanley Park as a stretch). What they should do is keep the Kop end, but rename the rest of the stands. £100m is tempting, but not tempting enough.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by material breach)
How much debt do Liverpool have?
Everton had £30 million pounds worth at the start of the season, this was pretty much cleared by rooney, however it has meant that this season and last, Moyes has had no where near as much money to spend on squad buliding.
i thought that liverpool were the most stable (debt wise) in the premiership.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
On form, Baros is amazing.
A bit like Drogba for me then. *sigh*
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
A bit like Drogba for me then. *sigh*
Exactly like Drogba for you. Just without the hype or the £24m price tag.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
Yeah, won't have the same 'air' about it =\
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Then again, Camp Nou > Ashburton.
/random
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
i thought that liverpool were the most stable (debt wise) in the premiership.
exactly
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hope they don't cop out and let a sponsor rename the stadium. Keep the name as Anfield (New Anfield would be exceptable, Stanley Park as a stretch). What they should do is keep the Kop end, but rename the rest of the stands. £100m is tempting, but not tempting enough.
yeah, they better not do. the new Anfield should be Anfield still. a change just would be too weird. they're bound to keep the Kop end, a change in that would cause outrage!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Exactly like Drogba for you. Just without the hype or the £24m price tag.
Which makes it even worse, but then players' price tags become overinflated when you buy players out of desparation with a rich source at the club because the selling club knows about it. Just as well he's not English otherwise it could be an even higher price tag. :eek:
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Steve Morgan?
Reason they didn't is because of John Moores or whoever it was doesn't get on with Morgan and thus didn't wanna sell his shares to him!
But, to be honest, 70m is 70m; the guy didn't even want control of the club, so they must be mad not to have accepted his offer!
No, the reason DAVID Moores didn't sell to Morgan is because Morgan undervalued the club in every offer he came out with. Morgan does want control of the football club and with it would want Parry and Moores gotten rid of. £70m maybe £70m but this could be the biggest decision Liverpool Football Club has made for a very long time, we wont sell to just anybody.

Otherwise, instead of joining the 'European Champions' players would be joining the '5th placed premier league team'.. doesn't quite sound anywhere near as attractive as the first one!
But, aye. You b*stards always seem to be able to attract quality players somehow, Alonso, Kewell (who has now turned into a non-quality player!), Gerrard (otherwise he'd have left!)
Somehow? Try 18 league titles and 4 (maybe 5 lol) European Cups. We may have been mediocre for the last 15 years but Liverpool is as big a draw in Europe as a lot of the more recent succesful clubs.

Everton have shown all season that they can compete with the best the Premier League has to offer, with the exception of Chelsea. We've 'peaked' all season, we haven't dropped out of the top four since September.
Moyes has plenty of pulling power, don't kid yourself. He'll get Manager of the Year for sure, and has a great reputation for being a fair manager and one of the best up and coming managers in the game. He has for a long time been linked to the Man Utd hot-seat, but he'll be staying.
We'll have money to spend, we have some of the best players in the Premier League playing for us in the shape of Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta (most would disagree, but just look at their performances - Cahill - 12 goals in first season from midfield) and we will be in the Champions League; which is more than Liverpool, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Tottenham and all of the other so-called big guns in the Premier League will be able to boast about.
I really wouldnt put Arteta and Cahill down to 'pulling power'. They're very good players (well, Cahill anyway, not seen enough of Arteta) but hardly some of the best in the premiership.

Think about it; Alonso really wouldn't have snubbed Real to join Liverpool.. it's obvious Liverpool got in there when Real weren't ready to make an offer..

I think Beneathus needs to buy some English talent. He's killing the spirit of the Liverpool team; the Merseyside derby means nothing to half of your players - and that's the game that most of your fans look forward to each year the most! Buy british, Moyes does and look what it did for him!
Firstly, Benitez himself rejected an approach from Real Madrid (and later Inter) to join Liverpool. Alonso was always a target for Madrid (and Man United incidentally) but we got in before anyone else and bought him for £10m when he was rated double that and Madrid/Arsenal were dithering over the future of Vieira and the mancs were spending their summer budget on Vieira. The boy is Basque and probably wouldnt want to play for Real anyway.

As for the buying british - you're talking *******s. If you want to know what the derby means to our players then look at the celebrations after our wins over the last few years. 'Buying british' is a common argument against foreign managers when they're not doing that well. Basically it's crap. Beattie cost the same amount as Morientes, there's no contest between the two.

Who is famed for making rash decisions constantly. Leaving out his star central defender and then ending up losing games; chopping and changing his attacking options and resulting in no decent partnerships being formed, dropping his goalkeepers after they make a mistake or two.. bla bla
He's famed for it is he? He's famed for breaking the Barca/Real/Depor dominance in Spain and winning Valencia's first title in 31 years and then winning it again 2 years alter along with the uefa cup. He's also famed for taking a very mediocre squad (ie. US) to the champions league final in his first year. Yes he's made mistakes but so does everyone. Please listen to yourself before spouting such rubbish.

Yes, fair enough with a lot of luck he's got you to the CL final
****ing *******s lad. Apart from the "goal" on Tuesday night, name me other instances where we've had luck this season? I can name 2 major instances of bad luck we've had though i.e. the Saviola handball in Monaco and the player booked twice but not sent off in the qualifier. Could probably name about 6-10 similar instances in the league too. We've had no ****ing luck all season, let alone in the CL.

Surely he didn't mean to play half of his youth team against Burnley?
This is old ground but surely he didnt expect to have only Riise, Baros, Hamann and Carragher as his only fully fit/eligible senior players.

Everton have got a jump of 13 places in one season to show for themselves
Well done, congratulations.

I think most people would agree that Moyes is technically smarter than Benitez, and also that, on a whole, he is a better manager.
Who would these 'most people' be then eh?

Josemi - Beneathus buy - waste of money
Garcia - Beneathus buy - waste of money, although he scores a few so not as bad.
Cisse - Houllier buy - waste of money - he had half a season to show what he can do and he's done f*ck all. Beattie has been given 6 games so far and all the LFC fans are saying the same about him?
Alonso - Beneathus buy - good player
Do you watch Liverpool? I take it bu your regular bitter comments that you dont so youre in no position to comment.

Josemi - Had a very good start but got injured, played through it for a month but couldnt carry on after Christmas. 1st season in the league.

Garcia - 13 goals in his first season.

Cisse - Half a season? He nearly had to have his leg amputated in October and is still getting fitness back. He's the hottest thing to come out of France for a few years.

Hand on heart, I hate to see Everton where they are (i.e. above us) but well done and congratulations on your season. You'll be playing CL football next year so well done and David Moyes is a very good young manager.

But your half-arsed bitter comments on Liverpool are just that. Sorry to say but you're talking some utter and completely un-informed drivel.
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
Which makes it even worse, but then players' price tags become overinflated when you buy players out of desparation with a rich source at the club because the selling club knows about it. Just as well he's not English otherwise it could be an even higher price tag. :eek:
To be fair to Drogba, he was fantastic at Marseille last season. Most people just don't bother to look past his form this season.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
-
:rofl:
I won't waste my time reading your posts in future, you're in such a lovely happy little dream world, aren't you?

Wake up, Liverpool aren't one of the 'big' clubs any more
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To be fair to Drogba, he was fantastic at Marseille last season. Most people just don't bother to look past his form this season.
True. Bit like Kezman for PSV. Many players have trouble adapting to the Premiership; Veron is one, Forlan another. Perhaps he needs time to settle in.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads