The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
No, the reason DAVID Moores didn't sell to Morgan is because Morgan undervalued the club in every offer he came out with. Morgan does want control of the football club and with it would want Parry and Moores gotten rid of. £70m maybe £70m but this could be the biggest decision Liverpool Football Club has made for a very long time, we wont sell to just anybody.

Somehow? Try 18 league titles and 4 (maybe 5 lol) European Cups. We may have been mediocre for the last 15 years but Liverpool is as big a draw in Europe as a lot of the more recent succesful clubs.

I really wouldnt put Arteta and Cahill down to 'pulling power'. They're very good players (well, Cahill anyway, not seen enough of Arteta) but hardly some of the best in the premiership.

Firstly, Benitez himself rejected an approach from Real Madrid (and later Inter) to join Liverpool. Alonso was always a target for Madrid (and Man United incidentally) but we got in before anyone else and bought him for £10m when he was rated double that and Madrid/Arsenal were dithering over the future of Vieira and the mancs were spending their summer budget on Vieira. The boy is Basque and probably wouldnt want to play for Real anyway.

As for the buying british - you're talking *******s. If you want to know what the derby means to our players then look at the celebrations after our wins over the last few years. 'Buying british' is a common argument against foreign managers when they're not doing that well. Basically it's crap. Beattie cost the same amount as Morientes, there's no contest between the two.

He's famed for it is he? He's famed for breaking the Barca/Real/Depor dominance in Spain and winning Valencia's first title in 31 years and then winning it again 2 years alter along with the uefa cup. He's also famed for taking a very mediocre squad (ie. US) to the champions league final in his first year. Yes he's made mistakes but so does everyone. Please listen to yourself before spouting such rubbish.

****ing *******s lad. Apart from the "goal" on Tuesday night, name me other instances where we've had luck this season? I can name 2 major instances of bad luck we've had though i.e. the Saviola handball in Monaco and the player booked twice but not sent off in the qualifier. Could probably name about 6-10 similar instances in the league too. We've had no ****ing luck all season, let alone in the CL.

This is old ground but surely he didnt expect to have only Riise, Baros, Hamann and Carragher as his only fully fit/eligible senior players.

Well done, congratulations.

Who would these 'most people' be then eh?

Do you watch Liverpool? I take it bu your regular bitter comments that you dont so youre in no position to comment.

Josemi - Had a very good start but got injured, played through it for a month but couldnt carry on after Christmas. 1st season in the league.

Garcia - 13 goals in his first season.

Cisse - Half a season? He nearly had to have his leg amputated in October and is still getting fitness back. He's the hottest thing to come out of France for a few years.

Hand on heart, I hate to see Everton where they are (i.e. above us) but well done and congratulations on your season. You'll be playing CL football next year so well done and David Moyes is a very good young manager.

But your half-arsed bitter comments on Liverpool are just that. Sorry to say but you're talking some utter and completely un-informed drivel.
Posts that long should be banned from the footy thread! :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In fact, it's good to see you Liverpool fans getting so worked up; I like it. You're not scared that we've caught up, and are in danger of overtaking you again, are you?

You talk about all of your wonderful 18 league titles; incidently all won with British managers - I think i'm right. All of your European titles; incidently all won with British managers - I think i'm right. Benitez is a joke; in fact, he's as much of a joke as Houllier, Evans etc. His tactics are delightful to watch. Score a goal and then stick 10 in defence, i'm sure all of the paying fans in the stadium appreciate watching it... Would you agree? Or haven't you been to the stadium? It's called Anfield, if you didn't know.

Unless you come second this year it's been a terrible disappointment, i'm afraid. Don't use the usual bullsh*t about it being Benitez's first season. He spent big in the summer and should have been challenging for the title. Wasn't it Mourinhos first season? He spent big too, and actually has had a lot of injuries, just like Liverpool - although he doesn't go using the same excuses time after time. Every team has injuries, so don't even try to claim that's the reason you've been so poor in the league. Additionally, don't use the 'it's his first season give him time', or even 'the players need time to gel' - did Chelsea need time to gel? I guess you won't come second, third or fourth this season - so consider it an incredible underachievement.

Come on Arsenal.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Posts full of sh*t like that should be banned from the footy thread.
Walk on, Walk on.. :puke:
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe :p:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
You're only saying that because you know it's right. That's why you resort to the old: "LFC are has beens" etc! You lot can smile in your blissful ignorance, we'll be cheering when Gerrard leads out one of the best sides in Europe in a few weeks time.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
One of the best sides in Europe in a few weeks time
Awww - only from a Kopite..
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Milan vs Juve on Eurosport atm people.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
lol, thats blatently the response he was talking about! hehe :tsr: love ya really dna hehe
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Here's a good one..
He's cool..
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
In fact, it's good to see you Liverpool fans getting so worked up; I like it. You're not scared that we've caught up, and are in danger of overtaking you again, are you?

You talk about all of your wonderful 18 league titles; incidently all won with British managers - I think i'm right. All of your European titles; incidently all won with British managers - I think i'm right. Benitez is a joke; in fact, he's as much of a joke as Houllier, Evans etc. His tactics are delightful to watch. Score a goal and then stick 10 in defence, i'm sure all of the paying fans in the stadium appreciate watching it... Would you agree? Or haven't you been to the stadium? It's called Anfield, if you didn't know.

Unless you come second this year it's been a terrible disappointment, i'm afraid. Don't use the usual bullsh*t about it being Benitez's first season. He spent big in the summer and should have been challenging for the title. Wasn't it Mourinhos first season? He spent big too, and actually has had a lot of injuries, just like Liverpool - although he doesn't go using the same excuses time after time. Every team has injuries, so don't even try to claim that's the reason you've been so poor in the league. Additionally, don't use the 'it's his first season give him time', or even 'the players need time to gel' - did Chelsea need time to gel? I guess you won't come second, third or fourth this season - so consider it an incredible underachievement.

Come on Arsenal.
Back in the day, all managers were British...so that arguement would work with more or less any team.

Mourinho already had a decent squad though, plus he bought alot more players than Benitez.

I think we must not forget, Everton have had a great season and Liverpool a poor one... yet Everton still only look set to finish 1 place above them.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You're only saying that because you know it's right. That's why you resort to the old: "LFC are has beens" etc! Ummm I was defending Liverpool.
You lot can smile in your blissful ignorance, we'll be cheering when Gerrard leads out one of the best sides in Europe in a few weeks time.
I doubt Milan can get him that quickly...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think we must not forget, Everton have had a great season and Liverpool a poor one... yet Everton still only look set to finish 1 place above them.
Which shows that we've improved with such a terrible pre-season, by losing our two best players and buying only two players from division 1, and they have got worse despite buying heavily pre-season..

We win!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I doubt Milan can get him that quickly...
:rofl: !!!!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cmon Juve!!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
C'MON MILAN
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You talk about all of your wonderful 18 league titles; incidently all won with British managers - I think i'm right. All of your European titles; incidently all won with British managers
Benitez is a joke; in fact, he's as much of a joke as Houllier, Evans etc. His tactics are delightful to watch. Score a goal and then stick 10 in defence, i'm sure all of the paying fans in the stadium appreciate watching it...
It's called Anfield, if you didn't know.
Posts full of sh*t like that should be banned from the footy thread.
Ouch. I'm hurt.

I noticed you failed to debate any of the points I came out with except the final bit about having the challenge for the league and not allowing players to settle. Strange though as I dont think I even mentioned injuries once in my post except saying that Cisse/Josemi picked them up. I'm afraid there's no point arguing with a wind up like you. I know a lot of evertonians, good people, have a laugh, plenty of banter etc. but you're just very bitter I'm afraid.

btw Dont worry about arsenal, I doubt we'll beat them.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Look at the facts. Did Chelsea make the CL final? No. Did Barcelona make the CL final? No. Did Real Madrid make the CL final? No. Did Juventus make the CL final? No. Did Everton even make it to the qualifying stages? Let me see... no?

Doesn't mean we're better than them. Just means we're one of the best. Everton on the other hand, are one of the best teams in the EPL.

(Original post by dna©)
Which shows that we've improved with such a terrible pre-season, by losing our two best players and buying only two players from division 1, and they have got worse despite buying heavily pre-season..

We win!
Let's see:
Everton's successes thus far: 4th place
Liverpool's successes thus far: 5th place, CC runners-up, CL final.

Congratulations Everton, et al? :rolleyes:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate them with a passion. I always think that a part of loving EVERTON is hating Liverpool. They are combined and come as a package deal. I feel that hating Liverpool makes me realise how much I love Everton. I wake up everyday and thank god that I didn’t have to support that bunch of flag waving scarf wearing kop sitting kop pissing phoney hollow Reebok wearing Carlsberg drinking f*****g wänkers
Quality
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look at the facts. Did Chelsea make the CL final? No. Did Barcelona make the CL final? No. Did Real Madrid make the CL final? No. Did Juventus make the CL final? No. Did Everton even make it to the qualifying stages? Let me see... no?

Doesn't mean we're better than them. Just means we're one of the best. Everton on the other hand, are one of the best teams in the EPL.
Yep. Even Dietmar Hamann believes Liverpool have already beaten the best team in Europe to reach the European Cup final.

Chelsea are one of the best teams in Europe, if not the best at the moment, and to beat them is a tremendous achievement. This is a massive moment for all of us
Shocking. j/k
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
-
Good season, then?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)