The Student Room Group
Reply 1500
shiny
I prefer it when they just give the ball to Henry and he runs up the field, going past four players and then scores whilst falling over!

LOL!! I reckon Man u with Ronaldhino would be even better than Arsenal this season. It would be close though.
Zapsta
Good question. It's a total lack of repsect for Terry and what he's done.

Well once they get rid of that club captain post it is as good as saying that Desailly is not needed anymore - and they dont want to do that just yet perhaps - i remember when Sanchez (i think ... that old geezer at the back for Real Madrid) and then Hierro were club captains at the ends of their careers even though they contributed so little during their last seasons at Real - it is out of respect for their long service to the club that they kept them as club captains. Anyway Desailly is still a good player although not world-class as he once was when he first went to Chelsea
TheWolf
i was saying that its not always the most offensive team/good counter-attacking team that wins

Obviously. But the likelihood is the more offensive team will, as they will score more goals than the other team (definition of a win :wink: )...
XTinaA
Obviously. But the likelihood is the more offensive team will, as they will score more goals than the other team (definition of a win :wink: )...

manchester city comes into my mind
TheWolf
manchester city comes into my mind

They're hardly the most offensive team. They're hardly the most anything team. Unless the fair play league is important...

[COUGH] Wimps [/COUGH]
XTinaA
They're hardly the most offensive team. They're hardly the most anything team. Unless the fair play league is important...

they are very attacking
TheWolf
they are very attacking

No one associates Manchester City with attack. Relegation maybe. But they aren't quite like the old Keegan teams.
XTinaA
No one associates Manchester City with attack. Relegation maybe. But they aren't quite like the old Keegan teams.

most people associate manchester city to be very attacking, and always score but always lose games because of their rubbish defense
Reply 1508
hattori
I thought you were a boy. Im a boy.

I'm quite upset by that...why does everyone always think i'm a bloke on this forum? I'm blatantly a girl!
Reply 1509
piginapoke
Prove it.

lol! how? do you want me to post pics

EDIT: Actually look at my profile, my profile pic is there and I'm on the orginal members pic thread and i'm on shazza's website....so there *sticks toungue out!*
Kuz
I'm quite upset by that...why does everyone always think i'm a bloke on this forum? I'm blatantly a girl!

probably the name ... but i knew you were a girl - 'Future Chairwoman' besides other clues gave it away somewhat :smile:
Reply 1511
Kurdt Morello
probably the name ... but i knew you were a girl - 'Future Chairwoman' besides other clues gave it away somewhat :smile:

exactly it ain't hard to know I'm a girl is it!:biggrin:
Reply 1512
slim786
Monaco are no great side but just a team with good team spirit and a desire to win which chelsea were lacking.

That is the kind of bollocks people with no rral knowledge of football come out with.
Lord Huntroyde
That is the kind of bollocks people with no rral knowledge of football come out with.

3-1.
Reply 1514
slim786
Monaco were not great in attack but chelsea's creaky defence allowed them to score three goals. Melchiot was poor as usual. Desailly was constantly out of position leaving Terry constantly having to cover for him. This happened for the third goal. The other two goals were caused by chelsea not reacting to the situation.

Monaco do have a great attack, it has been lethal in France and Europe, again, you show poor understanding of football.
Reply 1515
mc_watson87
You are just about big names aint ya? You have to remember that they were a man down aswell. I do not know how u can claim that Monaco aren't an amazing team, they have done the same to other teams aswell. That wasn't a one off.
They can dominate games at what seems like will, and they more often than not (by any means) convert this dominace into goals. That is what makes a good team for me.

That said, they do have big names as well: Roma, Rothen, Guily, Morientes, Nonda...
Reply 1516
slim786
For me Monaco will be another Bayer Leverkeusen

They'll probably be in the CL next season so you can tell us how crap they are then.
Reply 1517
TheWolf
mexes would be a handy addition to our squad :wink:

Even though he look like a poofter.
Lord Huntroyde
Even though he look like a poofter.

lol so does vieri but hes a great player
Reply 1519
TheWolf
lol so does vieri but hes a great player

Vieri looks rugged and masculine.

Latest