The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
What was it that Rafa was moaning about in the last league game before Arsenal? And people moan about other managers who keep complaining...
wat cos he got angry there wasnt enough stoppage time, every manager has those touchline tantrums, moyes vs ferguson to name one
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Well done Everton, yada yada yada. You've surpassed expectations this season, it won't happen next time.
Prophet are we? Perhaps if Everton don't make 4th next time, Bolton will.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oxford.
lol nice to know but i was asking dna!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
wat cos he got angry there wasnt enough stoppage time, every manager has those touchline tantrums, moyes vs ferguson to name one
Oh yes. Perhaps they should standardise the real amount of stoppage time to replace the real time lost in the 90 minutes, but then instead of say 3 minutes it would be around 8. And then managers will complain that was too much. :rolleyes:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Btw sb1986: Why would we need another striker? We've got loads already! I think the money would be better spent on 1 winger (we don't really need two, a CD and possibly a goalkeeper - as Dudek is being linked to go back to Holland. I see Rafa signing Reina, Metzelder and possibly even Saviola. We'd have plenty of squad depth then, and a quality first team.
hey, u alrite....yeh about the striker we will sell baros, then we need atleast another one. Iv also heard about reina and metzelder. If we sell kewell then we need a right and left winger.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Prophet are we?
You knows it!

I agree about Bolton getting 4th. It's nice to see that you also agree than Man U & Everton will decline. I'm foreseeing: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Man U, Middlesborough, Everton? :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
he hasnt even dissed u lot once, and hes showed no signs of jealousy! what u on about..i think u must be angry about somethin so ur takin it out on this post
Moyes >
Beneathus
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol nice to know but i was asking dna!
He might be going to Oxford you know. :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Prophet are we? Perhaps if Everton don't make 4th next time, Bolton will.
Haha - lest we forget, Liverpool are sh*t :rofl:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He might be going to Oxford you know. :cool:
is he? he wont answer my question lol
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Moyes >
Beneathus
ooh that means so much lol
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well done Everton, yada yada yada. You've surpassed expectations this season, it won't happen next time. We're all eagerly awaiting the bursting of the bubble, when both Cahill and Arteta do a Graveson and leave you for a better club!

Btw sb1986: Why would we need another striker? We've got loads already! I think the money would be better spent on 1 winger (we don't really need two, a CD and possibly a goalkeeper - as Dudek is being linked to go back to Holland. I see Rafa signing Reina, Metzelder and possibly even Saviola. We'd have plenty of squad depth then, and a quality first team.
Saviola - haha - there's more of a chance for Everton finishing fourth! Oh wait...

Ps. Love the negative comments about EFC - top quality!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Oh yes. Perhaps they should standardise the real amount of stoppage time to replace the real time lost in the 90 minutes, but then instead of say 3 minutes it would be around 8. And then managers will complain that was too much. :rolleyes:
I think it's fairly obvious that 6 minutes of ET is a bit circumspent, even considering the pitch invaders. Most neutrals I've talked to seem to agree. As a Bluenose, you blatantly won't agree and vice versa. Why don't we just forget it? Chelsea failed to capitalise on the extra time. They're out, we're through. Done.

Ditto for Everton. They deserve to get the CL place, as they finished 4th. It's a **** up by FA and UEFA, but what's the point of having a league if it means nothing? If we win it, it would be fairly stupid not to have the holders in it, but not as stupid as having the club who has the most legitimate claim to qualification missing out.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Saviola - haha - there's more of a chance for Everton finishing fourth! Oh wait...

Ps. Love the negative comments about EFC - top quality!
i dont want saviola anyway....
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You knows it!

I agree about Bolton getting 4th. It's nice to see that you also agree than Man U & Everton will decline. I'm foreseeing: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Man U, Middlesborough, Everton? :cool:
It's too early to call to be honest. Bit like all this quadruple lark with Chelsea. I think Arsenal will still suffer from their poor European form unless their style changes but that can happen with the new kids like Fabregas playing etc. I expect Chelsea to better Arsenal in Europe generally because of the range of their squad etc. Liverpool certainly can start remembering their Bob Paisley days but they need to keep the momentum going and I don't know what happened to that £70m offer? Bolton has steadily gone up the table and their great manager should take them a bit further. Unsure on Man Utd and Middlesbrough to be honest. As for Everton, they may not always succeed in getting forth spot but it doesn't mean this season will be the last.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's too early to call to be honest. Bit like all this quadruple lark with Chelsea. I think Arsenal will still suffer from their poor European form unless their style changes but that can happen with the new kids like Fabregas playing etc. I expect Chelsea to better Arsenal in Europe generally because of the range of their squad etc. Liverpool certainly can start remembering their Bob Paisley days but they need to keep the momentum going and I don't know what happened to that £70m offer? Bolton has steadily gone up the table and their great manager should take them a bit further. Unsure on Man Utd and Middlesbrough to be honest. As for Everton, they may not always succeed in getting forth spot but it doesn't mean this season will be the last.
70m offer declined because for a 30% stake the chairman felt it was undervaluing the club. Pretty confident another investment will be accepted this summer though
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it's fairly obvious that 6 minutes of ET is a bit circumspent, even considering the pitch invaders. Most neutrals I've talked to seem to agree. As a Bluenose, you blatantly won't agree and vice versa. Why don't we just forget it? Chelsea failed to capitalise on the extra time. They're out, we're through. Done.
I wasn't on about Chelsea, just in general. Can't you read? Or aren't you fed up with managers complaining about the amount of stoppage injury time played? It does my head in whether it's Mourinho, SAF, Wenger, Hughes or Rafa. In fact, the only manager I know I haven't complained about the stoppage time is Chris Coleman. If you care to read comments of managers in other games you will see that a lot of them complain about the amount of stoppage time played and some people will just show them up and count how much it really should have been, as done a few times on various Sky Sport programmes.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
He signed Alonso. Tempted away Morientes. Convinced Gerrard to stay. It's fairly obvioushe's got some pulling power. Saviola's been loaned out by Barca and he's not particularly happy. There's more of a chance of Saviola coming to Anfield than Everton winning the CL next year.

Thinking about it: if Everton do win it, then I promise to quit TSR - and not cop out after a couple of days by creating a new name.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
70m offer declined because for a 30% stake the chairman felt it was undervaluing the club. Pretty confident another investment will be accepted this summer though
I wondered what happened to that investment plan. You may well have to invest to keep up with the 'big three'.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He signed Alonso. Tempted away Morientes. Convinced Gerrard to stay. It's fairly obvioushe's got some pulling power. Saviola's been loaned out by Barca and he's not particularly happy. There's more of a chance of Saviola coming to Anfield than Everton winning the CL next year.

Thinking about it: if Everton do win it, then I promise to quit TSR - and not cop out after a couple of days by creating a new name.
Theres more chance of chelsea getting relegated then everton winning the CL. And dna doesnt understand about pulling power, iv said it several times but he refuses to accept it!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)