The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
yeah but alonso and gerrard are a wicked partnership.....just need some decent wingers
whats wrong with riise and garcia?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah we have to win, but 'sorry they will' its fairly obvious by the UEFA presidents comments yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/4531937.stm

And yeah its even annoyin me that we should focus on winning it first, then have all these tiffs with UEFA
'Tis wrong. I wonder would they have done so if it was Chelsea?? Nah I didn't think so.

If they had thought about it at the beginning of the season yes, not at the end. Its just not fair. Liverpool should have put as much focuss into the Premiership as CL. It thier own fault they would miss out! 'tis wrong. Certainley not fair on past teams and future teams. Does thios mean that if you finish 5th next year you can pled to be put thru?? Cos it wont happen. I feel should they give in then this would open the floodgates for alsorts!
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
whats wrong with riise and garcia?
garcia is clearly one to play behind the strikers...and risse is alright i guess but we need quality. Someone to give bare crosses to el moro, cos thats how he scored so many for monaco.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
as for centreback - jonty woodgate would suit us (always injured) plus i've wanted to see him and carra play together for yonks.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
yeah but alonso and gerrard are a wicked partnership.....just need some decent wingers and a CB and LB
They are, but they need to get to learn each other's game and become more disciplined. Hamann will be used until they do. We don't need another England situation were both Gerrard and Lampard are trying to push up, creating massive gaps.

If we do buy wingers, we won't need a LB. We have Riise (it's his original position) so it'd be an unnecessary expense where we could spend the money better. We don't really need another CD quite yet - Hyypia's got another season. IMHO, shopping list for next season:
GK
CD
RW

Priority being on RW & GK.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
'Tis wrong. I wonder would they have done so if it was Chelsea?? Nah I didn't think so.

If they had thought about it at the beginning of the season yes, not at the end. Its just not fair. Liverpool should have put as much focuss into the Premiership as CL. It thier own fault they would miss out! 'tis wrong. Certainley not fair on past teams and future teams. Does thios mean that if you finish 5th next year you can pled to be put thru?? Cos it wont happen. I feel should they give in then this would open the floodgates for alsorts!
wat u talkin about if we finish 5th next season, thats not what its about its a matter of winning it and defending it. Anyways you seem to be in denial ["'Tis wrong", lol] cos its pretty obvious that IF we win we will play in it next season.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I donno if we need a GK that desperate. especially when kirkland's fit
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
They are, but they need to get to learn each other's game and become more disciplined. Hamann will be used until they do. We don't need another England situation were both Gerrard and Lampard are trying to push up, creating massive gaps.

If we do buy wingers, we won't need a LB. We have Riise (it's his original position) so it'd be an unnecessary expense where we could spend the money better. We don't really need another CD quite yet - Hyypia's got another season. IMHO, shopping list for next season:
GK
CD
RW

Priority being on RW & GK.
I think this season we will buy GK CB RM LM ST and maybe a LB.

Baros will go and well get another striker.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
garcia is clearly one to play behind the strikers...and risse is alright i guess but we need quality. Someone to give bare crosses to el moro, cos thats how he scored so many for monaco.
Riise is a legend! He is a demon crosser. aye, El Moro and El Cisse as our attack next year should be fantastic. You've got me thinkin about formations now though....
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
I donno if we need a GK that desperate. especially when kirkland's fit
weve kind of already bought Reina from villareal
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago

Surely if you win the competition, you should have the right to defend it. It shouldn't be treated as a '5th place', it should be treated as the automatic place for the holders. It's not like Liverpool were knocked out in qualifying and are demanding a place because they're better than the team that came 4th.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Woah! I wouldn't got that far. Granted Newcastle should be a much better team than they are at the moment
Why? Teams rise and fall over the years. Many years ago Wimbledon, Coventry, Wolves, Derby County, Nottingham Forest and Leeds were all Premiership sides before.

(Original post by Kuz)
and the weak link seems to be Souness
It is.

(Original post by Kuz)
However they have an OK squad with a few talented (although sometimes volatile players) and therefore should do much better than reside in the lower half of the table.
An okay squad? Fulham should be better than them at this rate considering Fulham can do pretty well like last season.

(Original post by Kuz)
probably be as long as Spurs winning any piece of silverware again in the future (and i mean real cups...not the league cup, inter-toto, or Uefa)
Nothing wrong with the UEFA Cup. Might as well enter for a competition you can actually win. Some teams can't get passed the quarter-finals of the Champions League now can they?
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Riise is a legend! He is a demon crosser. aye, El Moro and El Cisse as our attack next year should be fantastic. You've got me thinkin about formations now though....
Yeah but not looping crosses for el moro. Vicente maybe, or am i dreaming?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wat u talkin about if we finish 5th next season, thats not what its about its a matter of winning it and defending it. Anyways you seem to be in denial ["'Tis wrong", lol] cos its pretty obvious that IF we win we will play in it next season.
no i meant if any team finishes 5th, this year next year or so on! does this mean they too can plead to be put thru.
You can't change the rules to fit!
PS 'tis not denial it my humble opinion.

PPS i apologise for spellings cos i am tipesy now, been on a bender all afternoon.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we dont need another keeper. we have The Dudek who is good for the big games, The Kirkland who is excellent for the humdrum of day to day keeping, and The Carson to keep pressure on them both and become the next england goalie
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Surely if you win the competition, you should have the right to defend it. It shouldn't be treated as a '5th place', it should be treated as the automatic place for the holders. It's not like Liverpool were knocked out in qualifying and are demanding a place because they're better than the team that came 4th.
Did you bother advocating this when Porto has to qualify for this season's CL even though they won it the year before?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Talking of goalies. That geezer who stood in for WBA at the weekend. He was awesome!!!!

edit: it was WBA wasn't it?? :confused:
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we dont need another keeper. we have The Dudek who is good for the big games, The Kirkland who is excellent for the humdrum of day to day keeping, and The Carson to keep pressure on them both and become the next england goalie
:dito: hehe, here here
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no i meant if any team finishes 5th, this year next year or so on! does this mean they too can plead to be put thru.
You can't change the rules to fit!
PS 'tis not denial it my humble opinion.

PPS i apologise for spellings cos i am tipesy now, been on a bender all afternoon.
yeh whos to say the team coming 5th will WIN THE CL. u dont seem to get that we arent pleading cos we came 5th its cos we are in the final and if we win it we deserve to defend it. forget 5th think winners.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Did you bother advocating this when Porto has to qualify for this season's CL even though they won it the year before?
I like you!!! Always there t point these things out!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (84)
33.6%
No I don't (118)
47.2%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.2%

Watched Threads