The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Did you bother advocating this when Porto has to qualify for this season's CL even though they won it the year before?
probably not, but thats the job of a fan. ok it may be slightly bias, but there are others that agree with liverpool's reasoning
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)
we dont need another keeper. we have The Dudek who is good for the big games, The Kirkland who is excellent for the humdrum of day to day keeping, and The Carson to keep pressure on them both and become the next england goalie
Pidgeley > Carson.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we dont need another keeper. we have The Dudek who is good for the big games, The Kirkland who is excellent for the humdrum of day to day keeping, and The Carson to keep pressure on them both and become the next england goalie
dudek is blatently going to be sold. kirkland maybe will stay but weve already got reina aswell hes top quality and hot property in europe
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
yeh whos to say the team coming 5th will WIN THE CL. u dont seem to get that we arent pleading cos we came 5th its cos we are in the final and if we win it we deserve to defend it. forget 5th think winners.
But you don't get it. You dont deserve to defend it. Its not called the runers up league! Its called the Champion league!
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
I donno if we need a GK that desperate. especially when kirkland's fit
That's the problem. He's so injury prone, which is a shame as he's been a great prospect for the future for a few yrs now.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Riise is a legend! He is a demon crosser. aye, El Moro and El Cisse as our attack next year should be fantastic. You've got me thinkin about formations now though....
Formations are fun. I'm thinking Christmas Tree. Baros may go, but we'd still have Djibril, Nando and Pongo. Riise has the spirit, but he's not really a LW - crosses aren't anything special and can't run through players particularly well. Has a demon of a shot thouh! :eek:

About GKs: Kirkland needs a doctor's surgery all of his own. Not sure if he's enjoy sharing with Woodgate, another worthy cripple. Dudek makes soo many mistakes, and is interested in a move to PSV (but nothing'll probably come out of it). Carson, although a legend, is still too young. Not exactly a priority position, but I'm not overly comfortable with what we have.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
But you don't get it. You dont deserve to defend it. Its not called the runers up league! Its called the Champion league!
u fooool! we will only defend it if we win hence how will we be the runners up?
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Formations are fun. I'm thinking Christmas Tree. Baros may go, but we'd still have Djibril, Nando and Pongo. Riise has the spirit, but he's not really a LW - crosses aren't anything special and can't run through players particularly well. Has a demon of a shot thouh! :eek:

About GKs: Kirkland needs a doctor's surgery all of his own. Not sure if he's enjoy sharing with Woodgate, another worthy cripple. Dudek makes soo many mistakes, and is interested in a move to PSV (but nothing'll probably come out of it). Carson, although a legend, is still too young. Not exactly a priority position, but I'm not overly comfortable with what we have.
answer to ur problems = REINA
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Mourinho betta get his eyes off Ronaldo! :eek: =\

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/4532943.stm
Seen him a couple of times in action and he really is quality! Wicked playa.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Did you bother advocating this when Porto has to qualify for this season's CL even though they won it the year before?
I wasn't aware of the case then. And of course I would have done if i'd known about it? What on earth did you expect me to say? :confused:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The last Champions League final played between 2 teams who had entered the tourament as champions of their own country was in 1997/98 which resulted Real Madrid CF 1-0 Juventus FC.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
u fooool! we will only defend it if we win hence how will we be the runners up?
nope you miss read me.
even if you win, you still dont finish in the correct place in Premeirship. Thats what the runners up bit is about.
Like NDGARRONDI said, Porto didnt automatically go thru cos they won last year.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I doubt if he's interested to be honest. Might as well have J S Park whilst we're at it. :rolleyes:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope you miss read me.
even if you win, you still dont finish in the correct place in Premeirship. Thats what the runners up bit is about.
i guess u will never understand what im saying [but UEFA does, the FA does] and i will never get what your saying....so lets leave it!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea dont want him. He has bad teeth! I mean anyone earning that amount of money surely would have something done. LOL
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
They wud have tho if they finished lower in their league...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
nope you miss read me.
You familiar with the phrase 'Champions of Europe'? If you're worthy of beating countless other 'Champions', you're worthy of defending it again. And Porto not coming through is a stupid rule (yes, i'd say this if i were a neutral) and needs to be reviewed.
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea dont want him. He has bad teeth! I mean anyone earning that amount of money surely would have something done. LOL
lol, omg yeah, they're horrible. poor guy!!! :p:

so...... off topic. any predictions for tonights ManU v Chelski game?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They wud have tho if they finished lower in their league...
would they?? :confused:
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I doubt if he's interested to be honest. Might as well have J S Park whilst we're at it. :rolleyes:
(Original post by ChelskiBabe)
Chelsea dont want him.
Mourinho has sed he's interested. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (87)
33.33%
No I don't (124)
47.51%
I work during the holidays (50)
19.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise