The Student Room Group
Reply 15680
F*ck no highlights!
Raindance
A friendly? What on earth are you on about? If Liverpool got caned 7-0 by Arsenal and it was a match of no consequence, I'd still be livid about it. If you really want CL exposure next season, you're really going to have to come up to sratch. Drudging up 1-0 wins against mediocre sides is incomparable to European elite. If you show any of those teams an inch of respect, they'll tear right through you - as Arsenal have just shown you.
Welcome to Champions League football, my lad!

That wasn't a Champions League game, and do you honestly think we'd play a CL game with that team? We'll be making several signings in the summer, so let's not go comparing the team tonight with what it will be like in the Winter, because there will be no Wright, Weir, Pistone, Watson, McFadden, Beattie (?!) come the CL..
Yeah i'm livid about it, but i'm not gonna be pissing and whining like it had any bearing on the season.
Furthermore, let's also not forget that Arsenal are one of the best teams in Europe.. their player Reyes cost more than our entire squad.. Let's stop writing off our chances of even qualifying until we make a few signings eh.
mockel
Ah, of course I'm not forgetting. I'm just looking out for Everton- don't want them to be 'raped' in the CL next season.

Well played dna (on a good season). =)

:smile:

What an embarassing evening.
Reply 15683
dna©
LOL -

We're not in the CL. That result is probably a blessing anyway, this way it'll show Bill Kenwright that he needs to stick his hand in his pocket and get rid of sh*te like Pistone, McFadden etc..

I had to say it simply because u use the same thing on me!
Reply 15684
dna©

unlucky on the loss :frown:
Reply 15685
dna©

quite!
I think I'm more excited bout the clean sheet, if it were 7-1 i wouldn't be half as happy
sb1986
I had to say it simply because u use the same thing on me!

Pistone: Please f*ck off, please. I'd pay for you to leave.
Reply 15687
dna©

That wasn't a Champions League game, and do you honestly think we'd play a CL game with that team? We'll be making several signings in the summer, so let's not go comparing the team tonight with what it will be like in the Winter, because there will be no Wright, Weir, Pistone, Watson, McFadden, Beattie (?!) come the CL..
Yeah i'm livid about it, but i'm not gonna be pissing and whining like it had any bearing on the season.
Furthermore, let's also not forget that Arsenal are one of the best teams in Europe.. their player Reyes cost more than our entire squad.. Let's stop writing off our chances of even qualifying until we make a few signings eh.

I'm making an observation on your season in general. You've been consistent and everything, but you haven't shown glimpses of anything special. Surely the whole season would include your whole squad? On the matter of you fielding a depleted squad. So what? All teams have to do it. Next season, you'll be playing an extra 10 games perhaps. This tests the strength and depth of your squad. Tonight shows that you haven't got it together quite yet.

All in all, you've finished above us in the league - quite deservedly. You haven't set the world alight, you're nothing special, and another £10-15m pumped into the team isn't going to rectify this any time soon, especially if you make more transfer piss-ups like Beattie. Refer to your Goal Difference for confirmation.
Reply 15688
dna©
Pistone: Please f*ck off, please. I'd pay for you to leave.

Pellegrino: Please f*ck off, please. I'd pay for you to leave.
I'm making an observation on your season in general. You've been consistent and everything, but you haven't shown glimpses of anything special.

No need to show anything 'special'; we've been consistently pulling out good performances and points - surely that's what is most important?

Surely the whole season would include your whole squad? On the matter of you fielding a depleted squad. So what? All teams have to do it

Yup, probably a bad move by Moyes for fielding some of the 2nd string tonight.

Next season, you'll be playing an extra 10 games perhaps. This tests the strength and depth of your squad. Tonight shows that you haven't got it together quite yet.

Never claimed we did have depth, in fact, we know we've got the smallest squad in the Premier League. Credit to us then.

All in all, you've finished above us in the league - quite deservedly. You haven't set the world alight, you're nothing special

As I said, performances and results matter more.

and another £10-15m pumped into the team isn't going to rectify this any time soon, especially if you make more transfer piss-ups like Beattie. Refer to your Goal Difference for confirmation

Or we could look at £2m Tim Cahill who got us up where we are, 13 goals on the way or 400k Marcus Bent who has been more effective than any Liverpool/Newcastle/Middlesbrough/Spurs striker.
Whats the point in having +100 goals when you've got less points than the team above you?
sb1986
Pellegrino: Please f*ck off, please. I'd pay for you to leave.

I'd swap..
Reply 15691
Kuz
F*ck no highlights!

Yup, I'm totally gutted about that. Am still trying to find the goals. Missed the BBc1 news. :mad:
Reply 15692
Kuz
quite!
I think I'm more excited bout the clean sheet, if it were 7-1 i wouldn't be half as happy

I was really confident that we would kep a clean sheet and we deserved it. Oooh, I'm still on a high!
in terms of result - :top:
i'll look at the goals when its on

and you scored all those goals without henry getting one :congrats:
Reply 15694
You've missed the point entirely.

Basically, you've shown you can compete in the Premiership. But you lack the firepower, or the defence to make it on a European stage, against much better opposition than the likes of Middlesborough, Fulham and West Brom.
Raindance
You're missing the point completely.

Basically, you've shown you can compete in the Premiership. But you lack the firepower, or the defence to make it on a European stage, against much better opposition than the likes of Middlesborough, Fulham and West Brom.

We didn't plan to be in this position, and yeah, I agree, with the current squad we do lack both firepower and defence, but that's what the summer will bring us (with a bit of luck).. :cool:
I'd like to see 5 new players, but this is Everton, and I can't see that at all. :frown:
dna©
We didn't plan to be in this position, and yeah, I agree, with the current squad we do lack both firepower and defence, but that's what the summer will bring us (with a bit of luck).. :cool:
I'd like to see 5 new players, but this is Everton, and I can't see that at all. :frown:

Tis a credit to Moyes that Everton managed 36 out of the 38 games better than most other teams. But the 11-0 overall creaming by arsenal in the first and last games of the season does stick out a bit... Tis a real credit to Moyes that he managed to keep his painfully small squad relatively intact, even if he did have 12-16 games less to play than some of the other teams...
Well Moyes has already stated that any money he gets in the summer will be used for the Premiership and not the Champions League.
Read that Bergkamp was God-like.
endeavour
Read that Bergkamp was God-like.

He was heavenly.

Latest