This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Good job everton, but not as good a job. :cool:

Looking for more of the same next season. Then Liverpool (city) can take over the world! :captain:
I'll agree with you on that second part for as long as Everton are above Liverpool :cool: :p:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
it could work out but reports look pessimistic

advantages: good US market if he decides to market with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, i reckon he could have enough money for a few good buys

disadvantages: not a lot of money for wages - his wallet is timy compared to Ambrovitch, boycotts = less money, tcket sales increase therefore less season ticket holders/smaller attendance

the only way i can see this being a good thing is if they recoup any major spending (if any) by winning the champions league and at least 2nd in premiership (should be first but difference isn't alot in terms of prize money, only £3 million !!!)
I dont think Man Utd would have any problems filling Old Trafford, They've got like a 10 year waiting list for season tickets/match day tickets
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
I'll agree with you on that second part for as long as Everton are above Liverpool :cool: :p:
No deal.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No deal
Haha - next season will be a huge struggle for EFC to do as well as they have done this year; i'll accept a top half finish next season
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
I dont think Man Utd would have any problems filling Old Trafford, They've got like a 10 year waiting list for season tickets/match day tickets
but how much of that will decrease after price increases and boycotts
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Haha - next season will be a huge struggle for EFC to do as well as they have done this year; i'll accept a top half finish next season
Well if you don't get a top half finish, I'd be laughing at you. Lots. Seriously, you should get at least 6th next season?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
but how much of that will decrease after price increases and boycotts
Shirt sales, merchandise etc might decrease but Old Trafford will sell out every game for years to come
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well if you don't get a top half finish, I'd be laughing at you. Lots. Seriously, you should get at least 6th next season?
Hmm, it'll be tough, especially with teams like Villa having been promised £15m (more than we'll have) to spend. Newcastle, will probably spend big, as will Middlesbrough. That's already three teams that have finished below us this year spending more in the summer. Of course, I do trust Moyes in his signings if he has limited funds (less than £15m) but hopefully no more Beattie-like signings..!

Most fans will up their expectations from this season, but we seriously can't be favourites for 4th place next year - Liverpool will be firm favourite for fourth.. I don't think it's beyond us for a repeat of this year.. but let's see all the comings and goings in the summer!
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Hmm, it'll be tough, especially with teams like Villa having been promised £15m (more than we'll have) to spend. Newcastle, will probably spend big, as will Middlesbrough. That's already three teams that have finished below us this year spending more in the summer. Of course, I do trust Moyes in his signings if he has limited funds (less than £15m) but hopefully no more Beattie-like signings..!

Most fans will up their expectations from this season, but we seriously can't be favourites for 4th place next year - Liverpool will be firm favourite for fourth.. I don't think it's beyond us for a repeat of this year.. but let's see all the comings and goings in the summer!
On behalf of Mr Glazer I would like to offer you the well established european superstar that is Phil Neville for a bargin price of £10m plus Cahill, what dya say?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
On behalf of Mr Glazer I would like to offer you the well established european superstar that is Phil Neville for a bargin price of £10m plus Cahill, what dya say?
only 10m? :eek:
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
only 10m? :eek:
Oops missed out the extra "0"
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't sell Cahill for 50m :cool:
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh thats cos u wudnt get the chance, no1 would bid 50m
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
yeh thats cos u wudnt get the chance, no1 would bid 50m
Hehe
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
They'll probably sell you Giggsy and Keane too!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadne...TMNW&id=221864

Wtf is this about? :eek:
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadne...TMNW&id=221864

Wtf is this about? :eek:
Hehe.
Liverpool will blatently lose though.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ea/4544479.stm

w00t! =) Moyes wouldve be a close second though.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Hehe.
Liverpool will blatently lose though.
They may have won their league, but it's the League of Wales ffs! They're only offering it, as they know thhat they wouldn't reach the group stages - just want to cash in.

I don't know about it's legality, or if it is ethically right. I mean, it was designated to them, and we've missed out on it. The article doesn't even specify whether they'd play us even if we lost in the final?
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There certainly will be no match if you lost in the final- you wouldn't deserve a place by any stretch of the imagination if that happened! :p:

I'm not sure about it's legality either. It does seem a bit dodgy.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (153)
46.93%
No (42)
12.88%
I'm not old enough (131)
40.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed