Exactly!

Oh joy.
Jump
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Gilberto hasn't been on the losing side for quite some time now. I think that one's approaching 50 in the near future.
Quite suprising considering how crap he is, with the exceptions of Cygan and Lemon he is probably the worst player Wenger has bought.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Quite suprising considering how crap he is, with the exceptions of Cygan and Lemon he is probably the worst player Wenger has bought.
That's what a lot of people (including a lot of Arsenal fans) thought.
But our good run has been inspired by Gilberto, believe it or not. When he plays Vieira plays well, since he's allowed to play in a more attacking role while Gilberto acts as the holding midfielder.
He does a Makelele type of job. Not the most flamboyant player in the team, but very important to the cause.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
That's what a lot of people (including a lot of Arsenal fans) thought.
But our good run has been inspired by Gilberto, believe it or not. When he plays Vieira plays well, since he's allowed to play in a more attacking role while Gilberto acts as the holding midfielder.
He does a Makelele type of job. Not the most flamboyant player in the team, but very important to the cause.
Sortof like Phil Neville on morphine then
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Sortof like Phil Neville on morphine then
By all accounts, Phil Neville on a stretcher would be most useful.

:hahaha: = Djibril Cisse, Lord of Frodsham!
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
By all accounts, Phil Neville on a stretcher would be most useful.

:hahaha: = Djibril Cisse, Lord of Frodsham!
I know! they invited him to the local foxhunt!!
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
I know! they invited him to the local foxhunt!!
He must get so much stick in the dressing room...

EDIT: Jesus Christ, I've phrased that badly! :eek:
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He must get so much stick in the dressing room...

EDIT: Jesus Christ, I've phrased that badly! :eek:
lol

u read any of the articles about big changes at anfield over the summer?
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=276478&lid=3&cpid= 22&title=D'Alessandro+eyes+Engla nd&channel=Premiership

for boro liverpool everton and bolton fans
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
lol

u read any of the articles about big changes at anfield over the summer?
It's hard not to. Can't move for them! I think some of the linked players would be excellent (Vicente, Joaquin etc) whereas some are a waste of space (Upson springs to mind). As for outgoing players, I hope Hamann extends his contract - legendary player. Baros can get sutffed, as can Smicer, Diao & Diouf. Keep Kewell for now, and Diarra. Unless some good offers come along. Unsure about Biscuit.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's hard not to. Can't move for them! I think some of the linked players would be excellent (Vicente, Joaquin etc) whereas some are a waste of space (Upson springs to mind). As for outgoing players, I hope Hamann extends his contract - legendary player. Baros can get sutffed, as can Smicer, Diao & Diouf. Keep Kewell for now, and Diarra. Unless some good offers come along. Unsure about Biscuit.
as fas as i can see upson is the only bad player being linked!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ooo joaquin and vicente would be sooooo good. hope he gets the transfer market right this summer, i'd love to see some more entertaining players in the squad
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
as fas as i can see upson is the only bad player being linked!
I think Upson is quality! :eek:
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Not exactly rio though is he.
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
ooo joaquin and vicente would be sooooo good. hope he gets the transfer market right this summer, i'd love to see some more entertaining players in the squad
Think of the immensity of our midfield...

Alonso Hamann Gerrard
Joaquin Vicente

But even if they chose us over Chelsea, RM some italian clubs, I doubt we'd have the money for both. I guess we could lower the fee by swapping a player, but it's all pretty speculative. Vicente for Baros + 7m methinks? We can dream! Winning in the final, plus CL qualification will be pretty imperative if we want to have the money for top players, as well as attracting them in the first place.

(Original post by mc_watson87)
There are far better defenders than Upson. Basically, he's no Carra. It's just the usual inflation because he's English. I wouldn't bet against Rafa looking abroad. How about we change our name to FC Liverpool, like all those european clubs? Or maybe Real Liverpool?
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Scores
Whos gone down?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Scores
Whos gone down?
Norwich. :eek:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Scores
Whos gone down?
day early mate... but Ipswich came back from 2-0 to to draw against west ham...
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Palace!!!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Norwich. :eek:
sh*t dawg!! No way! They sorta had it coming then because they had control of their own destiny, and they should have taken full advantage of thatt. Who's staying up then?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (59)
19.28%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
20.92%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.95%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (65)
21.24%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.13%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.48%

Watched Threads