The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
sh*t dawg!! No way! They sorta had it coming then because they had control of their own destiny, and they should have taken full advantage of thatt. Who's staying up then?
matches are tommorrow, hopefully Norwich stay up!
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Think of the immensity of our midfield...

Alonso Hamann Gerrard
Joaquin Vicente
that would be pretty damn good

aawww, poor norwich
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Reina
Finnan Carra Riise
Gerrard Alonso
Joaquin Garcia Vicente
Morientes Cisse
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Stevo)

Reina
Finnan Carra Riise
Gerrard Alonso
Joaquin Garcia Vicente
Morientes Cisse

looking decent, but i prefer 4-4-2 all the way

Reina

Finnan Carra Metzelder Evra

Joaquin Gerrard Alonso Vicente

Moro Cisse

Thats a dream heres what i think will really happen

instead of joaquin itll b some up and coming spanish winger, which i dont mind as long as hes good

Instead of vicente, which is quite likely actually, itll just be kewell.

Evra adn metzelder will happen i think. Lahm would be good aswell. Maybe about 4 others aswell, its gonna b a busy summer.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i still reckon Riise is invaluable to us. when he is on form he is tremendous.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
Come On Lincoln!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton > Liverpool
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i still reckon Riise is invaluable to us. when he is on form he is tremendous.
yeah riise but we need someone who can get the high crosses in for moro
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago

Reina
Finnan Carra Riise
Gerrard Alonso
Joaquin Garcia Vicente
Morientes Cisse
It's pretty good, if we're playing Hereford that is. We'd get slaughtered at the back! If you're going to play 3, you'd want CDs, and WBs. You'd also want a proper DM - Alonso and Gerrard being neither. I'd stick with 4 at the back for now. I think you're also trying to slip Garcia in for the sake of him being Garcia. He's our talisman, but he's no comparison to Joaquin or Vicente on the wing. Either you put him on the bench, or play him just off a lone forward, thus striking off Cisse or Morientes.

(Original post by sb1986)
Reina
Finnan Carra Metzelder Evra
Joaquin Gerrard Alonso Vicente
Moro Cisse
I think the 4-4-2 is fine, but my mind is not made up about having Gerrard and Alonso alone in CM just yet. Do they have the discipline yet to sit back and hold? I think the balance of the team hinges on the partnership between Gerrard & Xabi, not least Lord Frodsham & Nando. If they both got their act together we'd be invincible!
Following on from what someone else has said, I'd slip Riise in at LB, rather than spend money on Evra. Risse's been amazing for us this season, albeit in midfield, and he gives absolutely everything. Even public stripteases! Metzelder could be a good call, just got to watch that his current injury isn't a recurring one, and he won't be joining Kirkland in A&E.

I like the fact that you both agree that Cisse & Morientes should start. Baros: big potential, damn frustrating, off-form, negative. Negative in that his scoring record is depleted, and that his recent media comments.
sb1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's pretty good, if we're playing Hereford that is. We'd get slaughtered at the back! If you're going to play 3, you'd want CDs, and WBs. You'd also want a proper DM - Alonso and Gerrard being neither. I'd stick with 4 at the back for now. I think you're also trying to slip Garcia in for the sake of him being Garcia. He's our talisman, but he's no comparison to Joaquin or Vicente on the wing. Either you put him on the bench, or play him just off a lone forward, thus striking off Cisse or Morientes.

I think the 4-4-2 is fine, but my mind is not made up about having Gerrard and Alonso alone in CM just yet. Do they have the discipline yet to sit back and hold? I think the balance of the team hinges on the partnership between Gerrard & Xabi, not least Lord Frodsham & Nando. If they both got their act together we'd be invincible!
Following on from what someone else has said, I'd slip Riise in at LB, rather than spend money on Evra. Risse's been amazing for us this season, albeit in midfield, and he gives absolutely everything. Even public stripteases! Metzelder could be a good call, just got to watch that his current injury isn't a recurring one, and he won't be joining Kirkland in A&E.

I like the fact that you both agree that Cisse & Morientes should start. Baros: big potential, damn frustrating, off-form, negative. Negative in that his scoring record is depleted, and that his recent media comments.
yep good points. I think we're limiting it to joaquin and vicente and reina right now but im pretty sure there will be atleast 3-4 more 'quality' [as rafa keeps saying] players coming in. As for evra, maybe riise should stay left back, but i like evra aswell, so i cant decide.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i'm thinking didi will be hard to replace as the holding midfielder... and yes i was including garcia because he is our little spanish conquistador... if anyhting we cold be over midfielded, especially if we want two out and out wingers alonso, gerrard, cisse and el moro, because we need someone to hold. yes i was being a lil bit offensive with my team, but only because we dont have a holding midfielder. igor to the rescue?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
i'm thinking didi will be hard to replace as the holding midfielder... and yes i was including garcia because he is our little spanish conquistador... if anyhting we cold be over midfielded, especially if we want two out and out wingers alonso, gerrard, cisse and el moro, because we need someone to hold. yes i was being a lil bit offensive with my team, but only because we dont have a holding midfielder. igor to the rescue?
I doubt Didi'll be going to Bolton, Anfield is in his blood. I reckon he's only delaying the talks because he wants to weight up his options as whether to carry on at LFC, or return to the Bundesliga. He can still do a job for us for the next season, if only to help blood the Xabi-Stevie partnership, or any other CM we pick up. Do we really think that Biscuit is really up to scratch? He goes missing from most premiership games, only to resurface on flight 949573405 from Gatwick.

I think we could play a 4-4-2 and get away without a 'true' DM. I think the choice is whether to sacrifice the DM for the 2nd striker, or vice-versa. Surely any lone striekr will get awesome service from a midfield of Gerrard, Alonso & (prospectively) Joaquin, Vicente? As long as Gerrard stays out of the pocket, I'm happy. He's at his most effective when he's playing box-to-box CM, with his 'gut-wrenching' drives, 30-yd passes & amazing shot. He ca't get a grip on the game in the same way if he's playing in the hole.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Everton > Liverpool
soooooo mature :rolleyes:

Liverpool > Everton :p:

hehe
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool > Everton > Liverpool U18s

Wow... it scrolls!

It's.... it's alive! :eek:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, highlight what i wrote, there's a secret message
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
lol, highlight what i wrote, there's a secret message
Well Liverpool being better than Everton is hardly the world's best kept secret now is it?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool is closer to West Brom than Chelsea in terms of points. :eek:
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well Liverpool being better than Everton is hardly the world's best kept secret now is it?
true true

:p:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
yep good points. I think we're limiting it to joaquin and vicente and reina right now but im pretty sure there will be atleast 3-4 more 'quality' [as rafa keeps saying] players coming in. As for evra, maybe riise should stay left back, but i like evra aswell, so i cant decide.
Well i'd take Riise off you straight away..
He's your best player by a mile.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Liverpool is closer to West Brom than Chelsea in terms of points. :eek:
Nothing gets by you, eh? I'm fairly sure that we've had this since Christmas?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (254)
48.75%
No (57)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (210)
40.31%

Watched Threads