The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
I agree. We should get someone who already does well in the premiership. Being amazing at other leagues doesn't mean being amazing in the premiership.
Yes. The same can be applied to Adriano, Shevchenko, Zambrotta and anyone else linked to Chelsea from other leagues etc.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
On another note - I hope for Boro's sake tha Yakubu tries a hell of a lot harder for than than he has for us in the last 4 months.
playing in a decent team that can defend at home will help him alot
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
If Johnson can get 20 or whatever at palace, he could sure get that at Chelsea,Man Utd, Arsenal etc

Someone needs to snap him up now!
12 were penalties tho, seems abit like beatie when he was at soton, makes your averages look very good if you get an abnormal amount of penalities over the season, mind you I bet city wish he was playing for them this afternoon
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Surely not being bitter again?

Congratulations on beating the team in 5th place, yes. If we were that bad you'd have been 4th, wouldn't you?

Congratulations Everton.
Nah, it wasn't intentionally bitter. Just an afterthought! I just think it's kinda funny that a CL-qualified team would get a negative GD - you see where I'm coming from? I'd still have said it even if I was a neutral to that team. Anyway, congratulations everton on reaching 4th place, and perhaps we'll see the same again next year?

o0o, and it's nice to see Lord Cisse of Frodsham scoring a couple!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
If Johnson can get 20 or whatever at palace, he could sure get that at Chelsea,Man Utd, Arsenal etc

Someone needs to snap him up now!
Depends if he's penalty taker.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Nah, it wasn't intentionally bitter. Just an afterthought! I just think it's kinda funny that a CL-qualified team would get a negative GD - you see where I'm coming from? I'd still have said it even if I was a neutral to that team. Anyway, congratulations everton on reaching 4th place, and perhaps we'll see the same again next year?
o0o, and it's nice to see Lord Cisse of Frodsham scoring a couple!
Ok ok, you're forgiven :p: I've enjoyed argueing with you over the last few weeks anyway, it's fun!

Aye, we'll accept your words of congratulations, and good to see Cisse on the scoresheet after his injury
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
and at chelsea i would doubt it as lampard is top pen takers
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
well even if hes not he'll probably get the team 10 goals from diving
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dna©)
Ok ok, you're forgiven :p: I've enjoyed argueing with you over the last few weeks anyway, it's fun!

Aye, we'll accept your words of congratulations, and good to see Cisse on the scoresheet after his injury
I reckon he could put a few past Dida. It's a shame he's coming to form so late, without the injury he'd have p0rned you all! Where does he get the ideas for his hair from? Legendary...

And yeh, arguing with a Bluenose has it's merits! Unfortunately they prove me wrong time and time again, and I'm coming to the realisation that they're becoming a decent team again. Just a few slip-ups here and there? :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
well even if hes not he'll probably get the team 10 goals from diving
This is partly why I would NOT want him. Bad enough with the remarks of Robben let alone anyone else.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
oh no delias talking - been on the wine a bit too much
Wasn't from Mourinho was it?
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by material breach)
playing in a decent team that can defend at home will help him alot
Why's he going to Middlesbrough then? :rolleyes: They've only let in 7 less at home than Portsmouth. Not a great difference there.

Also, what does defending have to do with the number of goals he scores or how hard he tries? Johnson scored loads for Palace, who aren't a great defensive side. Lua lua has done extremely well for us, scoring plenty of goals despite being injured.. and he hasn't often played the out & out striking role which Yakubu usually did.

I feel your post was an attack at me and my team rather than praise for 'Boro. Are you a scummer or Yakubu's mum?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Wasn't from Mourinho was it?
havent heard from him yet - too much about relegation atm
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
holy poop
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1297248.jpg
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Geremi scored an own goal
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Why's he going to Middlesbrough then? :rolleyes: They've only let in 7 less at home than Portsmouth. Not a great difference there.

Also, what does defending have to do with the number of goals he scores or how hard he tries? Johnson scored loads for Palace, who aren't a great defensive side. Lua lua has done extremely well for us, scoring plenty of goals despite being injured.. and he hasn't often played the out & out striking role which Yakubu usually did.

I feel your post was an attack at me and my team rather than praise for 'Boro. Are you a scummer or Yakubu's mum?
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=Premiership
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Um, thanks ... but nothing I didn't already know.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Geremi scored an own goal
i think he will be one of the first people to replace, after getting a new LB and SC
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think he will be one of the first people to replace, after getting a new LB and SC
He did fairly well last season I heard.

Who shall we have for left back: Dede, Cole or Zambrotta?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He did fairly well last season I heard.

Who shall we have for left back: Dede, Cole or Zambrotta?
hard choice - considering ive never watched dede or zambrotta play...i reckon Zambrotta as a pure guess
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)