The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
niemi is a good player - but why dont they want like one of the best ones in the world? imo niemi is on the same level as lehman
Niemi is a great shot stopper, i can't really see Arsenal forking out £30million on Toldo or Buffon.

I think getting Kirkland or Robinson would be the best bet, young, English and would fit in nicely for them.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
Niemi is a great shot stopper, i can't really see Arsenal forking out £30million on Toldo or Buffon.

I think getting Kirkland or Robinson would be the best bet, young, English and would fit in nicely for them.
Except Robinson isn't up to much and Kirkland is perma-injured. I wouldn't go for either of them, and as a Spurs fan, if Leeds decide they don't want to let Robinson go and we have to look elsewhere, I definitely won't be disappointed.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
I'd get robinson. leeds would let him go for £4 million as they need the cash
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I read a dubious stat somewhere that teams containing Wes Brown concede roughly every 45 minutes, whereas teams playing with 10 men concede every 60 minutes on average. I don't know if its true, but its hilarious if it is as it means that they'd be better off just playing with 10 men than with him!
Hilarious! But oh so true!

He played realy, really well on Saturday though...WHY?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who? Seems odd to pay when you can get the good for free, unless Wenger rates Niemi very highly indeed.
soz i havent read the papers...why is southampton letting him go free? :confused:
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Except Robinson isn't up to much and Kirkland is perma-injured. I wouldn't go for either of them, and as a Spurs fan, if Leeds decide they don't want to let Robinson go and we have to look elsewhere, I definitely won't be disappointed.
Robinson/Kirkland will be England's next Seaman or Flowers, i sincerely hope Spurs don't get their grubby mits on either of them, destined for better things
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Hilarious! But oh so true!

He played realy, really well on Saturday though...WHY?
Because he's a class act and one of the best in the league...

Niemi, I heard his fee was supposed to be £5million?

Robinson for Arsenal? Won't they want someone French? But seriously, Landreau...
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
I'd get robinson. leeds would let him go for £4 million as they need the cash
They've told Spurs £5mil, and if you've watched him this season he's been abysmal. Some have said it's because he's behind a weak defence, but technically he's been really, really poor. Definitely not worth it.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Arsenal are a dirty team its a well known fact. Also there have been countless times where Bergkamp has lashed out and not been punished.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No not free, they want £5m or something I think.
ahh ok - so anyways it looks like cudicini will be leaving Chelsea this summer - this is sad news for me as a Chelsea fan, for me he has been excellent for Chelsea, and we will find it hard to get a replacement. lets see how cech does next season
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Even the worst players can have a good day
But in his case the best players can have a few bad days.:cool: Let me think of some others....Henry. (If u consider him one of the best).
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Robinson is better than Lehmann and anyone else is out of arsenal price range with new stadium taking up all there money.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ahh ok - so anyways it looks like cudicini will be leaving Chelsea this summer - this is sad news for me as a Chelsea fan, for me he has been excellent for Chelsea, and we will find it hard to get a replacement. lets see how cech does next season
Don't write Ambrosio off just yet
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Cudicini leavin?!?
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cech is immense, I was immensely pissed off when Rennes turned down Spurs' bid for him.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Cudicini leavin?!?
yea apparently going back to italy family problems or something :confused:
slim786
Report 15 years ago
If I was cudicini i would leave and go to Italy. Improves chances of international call up and chelsea were out of order signing expensive keeper to take his palce even though he's performed really well.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes he's very intermittent. But then, who is consistently brilliant? Not many players.
Not very, give him a run and he's consistently good.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
No they aren't particularly dirty. I'm not an Arsenal BTW. Bergkamp is a bit petulant at times, something similar to Beckham when he was at Man U. Mostly their cards come through stupid stuff rather than Roy Keane on Haaland-style tackles.
Lol , Beckham was so determined with united, always ran back when tackled, and tehn normally gave away a foul. :rolleyes:. Those were the days
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
If I was cudicini i would leave and go to Italy. Improves chances of international call up and chelsea were out of order signing expensive keeper to take his palce even though he's performed really well.
He could play for England though in a few years... please...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (8)
66.67%
No (2)
16.67%
I'm not old enough (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed