Watch
This discussion is closed.
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea's defence has slipped up towards the end of the season.
It is still good though..by far the best in the premier..I wud have Terry in my side anyday!!!!! And ur goalkeeper!

Arsenal used to have the best defence..now we just have one of the best attacking sides in the league..I have NO qualms in that forte...we have scored loads..shame it CANNOT transfer to CL! :mad:
Hazza_CPFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
It is still good though..by far the best in the premier..I wud have Terry in my side anyday!!!!! And ur goalkeeper!

Arsenal used to have the best defence..now we just have one of the best attacking sides in the league..I have NO qualms in that forte...we have scored loads..shame it CANNOT transfer to CL! :mad:
Wenger doesn't seem to understand that he shouldn't alter his tactics for the Champions League, Arsenal always seem to let European sides dictate the tempo of the game. Sillies :rolleyes:

The exact opposite of Benitez infact, who doesn't realise you need to go a bit faster in the Premiership sometimes, and leave your own box occassionally...
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hazza_CPFC)
Wenger doesn't seem to understand that he shouldn't alter his tactics for the Champions League, Arsenal always seem to let European sides dictate the tempo of the game. Sillies :rolleyes:

The exact opposite of Benitez infact, who doesn't realise you need to go a bit faster in the Premiership sometimes, and leave your own box occassionally...
Our main problem in general is ball possession in mid-field. We are just too damn content on knocking a ball in mid-field until the other team get posession and then attack when we regain possession on the counter-attack. Admitedly we are immense on the counter-attack, and I have never seen a team the world over that can do what we do on the counter. But at the end of the day when we have absolute full possession of the play instead of having an attempt on goal, we invite the other team to take possession, and take an attempt on goal!!!! And I can't tell how pissed off I get when i see this happening especially in major games usually when we have the most major of leads... 1-0 up *sigh*.
Wenger should reassess that tatic, as it dangerous and risky, and its not exactly like we have the most solid defense to allow these sort of plays....by no means am I saying "lets reassess counter-attack"...but bloody hell, just try and score!!!

One hell of a rant there!
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Our main problem in general is ball possession in mid-field. We are just too damn content on knocking a ball in mid-field until the other team get posession and then attack when we regain possession on the counter-attack. Admitedly we are immense on the counter-attack, and I have never seen a team the world over that can do what we do on the counter. But at the end of the day when we have absolute full possession of the play instead of having an attempt on goal, we invite the other team to take possession, and take an attempt on goal!!!! And I can't tell how pissed off I get when i see this happening especially in major games usually when we have the most major of leads... 1-0 up *sigh*.
Wenger should reassess that tatic, as it dangerous and risky, and its not exactly like we have the most solid defense to allow these sort of plays....by no means am I saying "lets reassess counter-attack"...but bloody hell, just try and score!!!

One hell of a rant there!
YEAH..but one hell of a rant that MAKES SENSE..from one Arsenal fan to another!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Kezman to go in the summer. Can't blame him really.
Jump
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
He's better than bloody Drogba!
Haras Sarah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
So WHO would u blame? :p:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So WHO would u blame? :p:
Nobody. He just hasn't been able to play. He was out for a while due to a minor injury and just never got a chance to be back in.

Drogba is a bit of a pain!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahh with Gilardino with us next season, we'll be just fine. =)
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
He's better than bloody Drogba!
Kezman was on a role with goals when he played more than one game one after the other. I feel Mourinho is doing something similar with him that Ranieri did with Crespo.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Ahh with Gilardino with us next season, we'll be just fine. =)
Wouldn't you prefer Adriano?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes i would =0

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...Ita-Veron.html
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I think Gilardino is right up there with Adriano!

While Adriano mite be pure class, Gilardino is a lot more consistant.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
While Adriano mite be pure class, Gilardino is a lot more consistant.
Consistency is something we're in need of from strikers. No idea what Gudjohnsen's role will be in the new season. He's originally a striker but using him as a midfield role where he plays just in front of the others is looking quite a nice tactic.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
YEAH..but one hell of a rant that MAKES SENSE..from one Arsenal fan to another!
Thanks I'm understood!
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zat Knight and Kieran Richardson in the squad to play against USA. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For an eyebrow raiser I'd call up Nathan Ellington.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
For an eyebrow raiser I'd call up Nathan Ellington.
who??!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
who??!!
Striker for Wigan. One of the top goalscorers from the Championship. No point playing as many stars as possible when it means very little, I would have done the same against Holland as well. Yeah he can partner Dean Ashton up front. :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by About David Moyes being named LMA Manager of the Year)
Kenwright, who brought Moyes to Goodison in March 2002, has already labelled his manager as his ‘miracle man’ and he now believes that his management skills will only get stronger as he becomes more and more experienced.

He added: "We use words like 'unbelievable' and 'miraculous' about our past season but then have to admit to ourselves that nothing is ever quite unbelievable when you have a manager with the talent, dedication, and determination of David Moyes.

"A real miracle man if ever there was one. He has consistently throughout the season turned negatives into positives. A small squad has become one of the closest units that Evertonians have ever seen pull on the beloved blue shirts.

"They have responded to David's inspirational leadership and, to a man,have all ensured themselves a place in Everton's folklore. There's little I can say about David Moyes that I haven't said before. He has been one of our greatest ever signings, and will, I believe, become one of the game's greatest managers.

"He is already that to Evertonians, but his own quest for perfection will only drive him on to greater achievements. The man is the most extraordinary manager and man. He's a psychologist, a psychiatrist, he leaves no stone unturned.

"He even told us how many points we would need to finish fourth weeks ago and he was right! Everything at the club has moved forward under him and it has been inspirational.
A big fat smile is still placed firmly on my face :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed