The Student Room Group
http://actim.pa.press.net/top100_prem.shtml

Super Andy Johnson the only player breaking the Chelsea/Arsenal monopoly of the top ten.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nice to see almost half the top ten are actually English as well. Have to wonder why Jamie Carragher isn't further up, but then again if they've ever seen him shoot...
Reply 16141
Hazza_CPFC
http://actim.pa.press.net/top100_prem.shtml

Super Andy Johnson the only player breaking the Chelsea/Arsenal monopoly of the top ten.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nice to see almost half the top ten are actually English as well. Have to wonder why Jamie Carragher isn't further up, but then again if they've ever seen him shoot...

dodgy link!
What would the odds be for Bolton to get 4th place next season? Never understimate Big Sam!
pig
I forgot all about this, just found the betting slip in the back of a drawer :cool: Come to daddy!

What about Everton to finish top 4? :cool:
Reply 16144
afireinside©
What about Everton to finish top 4? :cool:

About as high as Spurs winning the premiership? :rolleyes:
Raindance
About as high as Spurs winning the premiership? :rolleyes:

My prediction would probably be about 50-1 at least :p:
Reply 16146
afireinside©
My prediction would probably be about 50-1 at least :p:

I only said that you've got basically got no chance, just to try and convince myself. You've got as much chance as anyone really, but you will find it much tougher than this one has been. Basically, it all depends on the teams around you, as there are a few teams who will be competing for it next season. Grudgingly, I say that Liverpool is one of them - even though they should be aiming higher than the last CL qualification spot.
Raindance
Grudgingly, I say that Liverpool is one of them - even though they should be aiming higher than the last CL qualification spot.

Why should you be aiming higher than the last CL qualification spot? Of course, aim for the title but realistically, it can be argued you're fighting for 4th spot. Unless Man Utd decline as a footballing power, because I can't see Arsenal and Chelsea declining now.
Reply 16148
NDGAARONDI
Why should you be aiming higher than the last CL qualification spot? Of course, aim for the title but realistically, it can be argued you're fighting for 4th spot. Unless Man Utd decline as a footballing power, because I can't see Arsenal and Chelsea declining now.

It's hard to explain. You can go on about Liverpool being a team of has-beens until the cows come home - and i still won't give a damn - but we've got a rich footballing heritage, and we're still a big name & a footballing power. Don't even try to deny it. To cut a long story short, we've made it to the Champions League final, beating some of the best Europe has to offer - and yet we're still 5th. If you read the post properly, you'd have worked out that I'm saying that next season we'll be vying for 4th. But we should be aiming for better.
Raindance
If you read the post properly, you'd have worked out that I'm saying that next season we'll be vying for 4th. But we should be aiming for better.

Yes I knew what you were saying. You'll be aiming for the Premiership title of course. C'mon Bolton! :biggrin:

Raindance
and we're still a big name & a footballing power

Big name certainly. But then teams rise and fall - Nottingham Forest and Leeds are just two that have fallen. I believe Liverpool still hold the most honours won in the nation, unless Man Utd have overtaken?
Reply 16150
NDGAARONDI
Yes I knew what you were saying. You'll be aiming for the Premiership title of course. C'mon Bolton! :biggrin:

Eventually, that'll be a possibility. But for now, we need to see gradual changes. Nobody in Melwood is happy about finishing 5th, and we all share the same sentiments. Basically, we need to break back into the top teams. Speak to any fan and they'll tell you how disappointed we are that we're playing with the second tier of sides - whereas ask Evertonians or Bolton fans what they think of their season and they'll be ecstatic.

Big name certainly. But then teams rise and fall - Nottingham Forest and Leeds are just two that have fallen. I believe Liverpool still hold the most honours won in the nation, unless Man Utd have overtaken?

The difference between us and the other teams, are that yes, we have won the most honours, and that we're still hanging around up there. We've fallen from grace, and yet we're still knocking around with Europe's elite. We're the aristocrats, come shabby genteel. Now we're trying to fight our way back up again. Leeds are playing with the best that Derbyshire has to offer.
Raindance
Leeds are playing with the best that Derbyshire has to offer.

Yorkshire? :confused:
Reply 16152
milito, sissoko and kuyt bring it on!!
Reply 16153
NDGAARONDI
Yorkshire? :confused:

I didn't mean where they play, just who they're playing with. I only picked Derbyshire out of my head to show an unfavourable comparison between europe and division one.
afireinside©
A big fat smile is still placed firmly on my face :cool:

and so there should be!
Raindance
I didn't mean where they play, just who they're playing with. I only picked Derbyshire out of my head to show an unfavourable comparison between europe and division one.

Okay then. :smile:
crepso wants revenge for liverpool knocking out chelsea

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=277254&CPID=5&CLID=8&lid=&title=Crespo+makes+revenge+pact&channel=Premiership

good to see that one of my fav players from last season still cares a bit
fernando
crepso wants revenge for liverpool knocking out chelsea

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=277254&CPID=5&CLID=8&lid=&title=Crespo+makes+revenge+pact&channel=Premiership

good to see that one of my fav players from last season still cares a bit

There are people in the Milan staff supporting us against Liverpool too. We have a close relationship with them so it's cool. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
There are people in the Milan staff supporting us against Liverpool too. We have a close relationship with them so it's cool. :cool:

yea - i remember robben had treatment from one of their physios when they came for the man u match
lampards house has been broken into as well while he and his girlfriend were there!

they took 2 cars, a tv and a computer but someones being questioned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4559731.stm

Latest