The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you people think that Fergie is gonna stay or go after winning nothing this season? (with Glazer coming in)
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Do you people think that Fergie is gonna stay or go after winning nothing this season? (with Glazer coming in)
I hope he goes. I've always disliked him, dunno why.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man of the match-Lehmann by probably quite a bit. I'm just thinking that Ljunberg and Van Persie should have been on from the start. Also, I was so relieved that when Senderos made his mistake, Man U didn't punce on it. If they had then he would have been blamed, and then Arsne Wenger for picking him ahead of Campbell.
I felt really sorry for Thierry Henry in the end.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
I hope he goes. I've always disliked him, dunno why.
My friend who is a Liverpool supporter said that she was supporting Arsenal for once, so she could see Ferguson's face at the end.
Also, my friend is sooooooo lucky. She goes off to Turkey to watch the champions league final. Must be such an occassion.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm..not sure my man of the match is probs Ronaldo. =\
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lehmann saved the match for Arsenal.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm. I guess. But, that doesn't mean he's the man of the match, cus Scholes' penalty was not the greatest, and the saves Lehman had were good, but i would've expected a good goalkeeper to save them.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was between Ronaldo and Rooney for me.
veryjammy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As good as they were today, don't you think both Ronaldo and Rooney sometimes need to look up and pass a bit more. Rooney's probably better at this at the moment but at times they are both guilty of trying to run with the ball as deep into the box as they can when sometimes they'd be better off crossing it.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
It was between Ronaldo and Rooney for me.
i would say rooney - if it werent for the post Man U would have won but Lehmann made some good saves
also ferdinand would have had that goal if RVN weren't offside but there you go to win cups it takes skill but luck as well
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ffs! Why are people saying Arsenal were underserved winners? We completely dominated the match, and Carroll had like 1 save to make.
I can't think of too much that Lehmann had to do on the other hand; just about 3 saves from Rooney, and 1 from Scholes. And RVN only could've scored about 3 times. Not to mention Keane's shot that was blocked by Vieira, Scholes' early header, RVN's later header and Rio's disallowed goal (yes, he actually was offiside).
What are people on about? :confused:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
Ffs! Why are people saying Arsenal were underserved winners? We completely dominated the match, and Carroll had like 1 save to make.
I can't think of too much that Lehmann had to do on the other hand; just about 3 saves from Rooney, and 1 from Scholes. And RVN only could've scored about 3 times. Not to mention Keane's shot that was blocked by Vieira, Scholes' early header, RVN's later header and Rio's disallowed goal (yes, he actually was offiside).
What are people on about? :confused:
LOL, you're really trying to rub it in!
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah. Sorry.
Arsenal were awful today. Awful.
Slight change of topic; someone in another thread suggested that United at their best were better than Arsenal at their best. I disagree.
However, Fergie seems to have worked out how to play Arsenal. In the past few meetings, United have had the upper hand. Wenger needs to sort this out. Probably by developing a different style of play. Maybe a winger? And someone to support Henry up front who's gonna get goals in and around the box (not a 'fox in the box' but more like someone to get on the end of crosses etc). Whether Van Persie could do that job remains to be seen.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
As good as they were today, don't you think both Ronaldo and Rooney sometimes need to look up and pass a bit more.
Nah, I think they did what they could. (esp Ronaldo)
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought Ronaldo should've edged man of the match today, btw.
The guy just kept picking the ball up, and running at Lauren (and beat him 95% of the time). Plus he somehow kept that up for pretty much the whole 120 mins.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok my throat is still horse from screaming, but I have now calmed down enough to comment sensibly on the match.

(Original post by Xenon)
Lehmann saved the match for Arsenal.
Lehmann far and away was man of the match, he won the cup for us no doubt, in every aspect from great keeping during 90 mins and ET to the brilliant stop of Scholes penalty. Although I agree Ronaldo was a close second.

(Original post by mockel)
Yeah. Sorry.
Arsenal were awful today. Awful.
Slight change of topic; someone in another thread suggested that United at their best were better than Arsenal at their best. I disagree.
However, Fergie seems to have worked out how to play Arsenal. In the past few meetings, United have had the upper hand. Wenger needs to sort this out. Probably by developing a different style of play. Maybe a winger? And someone to support Henry up front who's gonna get goals in and around the box (not a 'fox in the box' but more like someone to get on the end of crosses etc). Whether Van Persie could do that job remains to be seen.
I agree in the case against Utd, Ferguson knows how we play all to well and has set up an absolute rock of defense, throwing about 8 men back everytime we were in possession. This was blantant utd tactics that out did us, and I thought at 1/2 time Wenger would have the common sense to change up the way we were playing, trying a few more long balls... after all it was worth a try and not using only 1 centre foward, but he was ignorant as f*ck and didnt bother. The initial team Wenger fielded as well was definately not one that was gonna win us an FA Cup...1st of all why NOT start ljunberg!!! and 2nd of all why start Reyes, the guy is an idiot, he has no passion in playing for Arsenal and 1/2 the time doesn't even try!!! I was definately more at ease, and we played much better when Ljunberg and Van Persie were on the field. However at the end of the day this was not our best football, our best team or best tatics...But by far it was (nearly) Utd's best team, best taticcs and best football, but yet they couldn't capitalise, and they paid for it! And that is why the FA Cup will reside in Highbury for this season...and we have sweet sweet revenge!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Woh! :eek:

Has Wenger had enough?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4570273.stm
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wenger to Utd? :d
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Woh! :eek:

Has Wenger had enough?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4570273.stm
seems like it, and i'm not surprised. bar the fa cup (which they didn't really deserve - despite how much i didn't want man utd to win it) they've had a pretty average season by their standards. At least he'd be leaving with the knowledge that he'd done the club proud.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Read that this morning.
"When we go to the new stadium I feel it will have completed what I set out to do with Arsenal"
He surely can't truly believe that. It's often been said that Wenger still has 2 more goals; back to back league titles, and winning the CL. I think that's enough motivation for Wenger to stay, especially with a team that could potentially achieve those goals.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (292)
46.35%
No (74)
11.75%
I'm not old enough (264)
41.9%

Watched Threads