The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
He'd probably be better off there, silly boy destroyed his great potential in going to Chelsea
well i doubt he would have known ranieri was leaving and that he would have a long injury + hes got to think about his financial future
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and the world cup next year.
6 to 8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
You can have Smertin instead if you like. Parker isn't going anywhere.
Oh, he is!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by -marymelody-)
Oh, he is!
He'd do well for all Premiership sides barring the 'top three'. But if Mourinho does sell him, there would be even more pressure to find an English replacement. If he is to keep his word about having a moral duty, as a foreign manager, to buy English players, then some work needs to be done. I'm guessing people have forgotten his comment here, and we're having so many foreign players linked with Chelsea, it's hard to find any new signings being English signed, since Ashley Cole is no doubt out of the window now. Guess it's all about the youth academy for him (e.g. Lenny Pidgeley, Anthony Grant etc).
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wouldn't mind Parker at United, personally feel he is one of Chelsea's better midfielders... different class to Smertin, Jarosik and maybe even Tiago.

On another note, been getting plenty of stick from arrogant gunner fans all day... inc teachers, ffs! :mad: :mad: :mad:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
I wouldn't mind Parker at United, personally feel he is one of Chelsea's better midfielders... different class to Smertin, Jarosik and maybe even Tiago.
I'd agree. Smertin can go and he only came because of a balls up between agents and Mourinho has said he rated him. Not heard the same for other midfielders but Tiago might be saving himself with performances towards the end of the season. I'd keep Parker personally. He may be no Makelele (then again who is?) and he's youngish and English!

(Original post by Jump)
On another note, been getting plenty of stick from arrogant gunner fans all day... inc teachers, ffs! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Just tell them who's won the league.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is it me or is the Spurs' kit rather Goonerish? :eek:
Attached files
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Well they're both Nike, and manufacturers have seemed to have been increasingly lazy and jsut use the same template whilst substituting the colours. Nike are usually pretty good at it though, whereas Reebok is atrocious! Our new one will apparently just look like a Bolton or Man City kit! :eek:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why's that then? Because he's lacking first team football? I'm sure he knew baout this since moving from Charlton to Chelsea.
I'm sure he didn't! Despite his long injury he was hardly played when he first joined Chelsea last season under Raneri. And I always spotted Parker as a next big young ENGLISH talent, he was in mind for England caps aswell.
We all know that best way of getting yourself on the England team is to play as much 1st team footie as possible and show off your talent, so why exactly when the future was looking so bright would he leave first team footie at Charlton if he didn't think he would get first team football at Chelsea (albeit a better side) and not be still in contention for an England spot. It makes no sense at all... A young GOOD ENGLISH player would jump at the chance to be in the England squad.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's hideous!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I'm sure he didn't! Despite his long injury he was hardly played when he first joined Chelsea last season under Raneri. And I always spotted Parker as a next big young ENGLISH talent, he was in mind for England caps aswell.
We all know that best way of getting yourself on the England team is to play as much 1st team footie as possible and show off your talent, so why exactly when the future was looking so bright would he leave first team footie at Charlton if he didn't think he would get first team football at Chelsea (albeit a better side) and not be still in contention for an England spot. It makes no sense at all... A young GOOD ENGLISH player would jump at the chance to be in the England squad.
Hopefully he'll get more apparances for club and country. I'd play him for tactical reasons above other defensive midfielders, esxcept Makalele. But you can rest him for certain games when bigger ones are just round the corner etc.
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm so excited about Everton and Chelsea having agreed a £6m fee, I can't wait to see if he'll agree personal terms!
Hows it going Mary, u ok?

If Everton get him, that will be Cahill and Parker in the centre of Midfield :eek:
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Hows it going Mary, u ok?

If Everton get him, that will be Cahill and Parker in the centre of Midfield :eek:
forget them its about xabi and gerrard
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sb1986)
forget them its about xabi and gerrard
Not too sure whether Gerrard will still be with u guys next season.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes i am ok!

i know, but it will probably be cahill and arteta in the middle and scott parker holding the line behind them!
true! Parker could be competing for an England place again :cool:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
anyone just watch Mourinho:The Special One on bbc1?

what a guy =]
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I love him! he's so cool, a person i relate to in terms of the arrogance factor
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
I love him! he's so cool, a person i relate to in terms of the arrogance factor
hes not arrogant, he said hes confident
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's not arrogance if you can back it up. Oh how I wish he couldn't.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
anyone just watch Mourinho:The Special One on bbc1?

what a guy =]
quite cool interview - theres another one on sky sports about him (on last night and earlier today)

lol that he knows "dirty words" in russian
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (22)
46.81%
No (13)
27.66%
I'm not old enough (12)
25.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed