The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Is it settled already? :confused:
Do you honestly see Arsenal or Manchester coming anywhere clsoe to you? You've been consistently the best team in the premiership this season, and you'll inevitably spend bigger than any other club in the summer.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Do you honestly see Arsenal or Manchester coming anywhere clsoe to you?
It's too early to call to be honest.

You've been consistently the best team in the premiership this season, and you'll inevitably spend bigger than any other club in the summer.
We're supposed to keep expenditure low so we don't have to rely on our owner for money, if Kenyon really wants to meet his target by 2010.
Jump
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
F..U..C..K
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
It's too early to call to be honest.
Is the glass half empty, or are you just trying to be overly modest? :p:

We're supposed to keep expenditure low so we don't have to rely on our owner for money, if Kenyon really wants to meet his target by 2010.
Not gonna happen. You've got players on ridiculous wages, not to mention overpayed staff (including Kenyon & Mourinho). You've also been touting moves for Gerrard, Cole and Adriano to name a few all season. None of them would move for much less than £30m, perhaps with the exception of Cole. :cool:
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you honestly see Arsenal or Manchester coming anywhere clsoe to you? You've been consistently the best team in the premiership this season, and you'll inevitably spend bigger than any other club in the summer.
Chelsea aint gonna win it again, its Man Utds turn
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Following that logic, Fulham for the title?
Jump
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
chats knows his ****:cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There is much debate over who will be Chelsea's long term competitors but I can't seem to find an answer yet.

Funny reading here. Why do people judge so early is beyond me.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Or even Newcastle. Why people mention them as title contendors when they finished below Fulham and are in a bit of bother is beyond me. I'd doubt Man Utd will win the title, Arsenal will be the main threat to Chelsea so far.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no it aint their time, its time for Man Utd
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
chats knows his ****:cool:
:cool:

In fact if anyone wants to put their money where their mouth is, come to me!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is the glass half empty, or are you just trying to be overly modest? :p:
Seriously, I just don't like to call the shots to early. The media did it with Chelsea for the 'quad' and look what happened.

Not gonna happen. You've got players on ridiculous wages, not to mention overpayed staff (including Kenyon & Mourinho). You've also been touting moves for Gerrard, Cole and Adriano to name a few all season. None of them would move for much less than £30m, perhaps with the exception of Cole. :cool:
Transfer fees are the main problem and there have been a ridiculous amount of players linked with Chelsea. With a rich benefactor, clubs will expect overpriced offers from us because we can afford to pay. As for wages on staff, they're fine by me. I've always thought that managers should earn more than any player, and in our case, rightly so.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
:cool:

In fact if anyone wants to put their money where their mouth is, come to me!
Okay, Chelsea will retain the Premiership title for next season at least. And take note of this post because when the Premiership concludes in 2006/07 season, I'll quote this post ready for you.

I think mc_watson87 was right.... :eek:
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Okay, Chelsea will retain the Premiership title for next season at least. And take note of this post because when the Premiership concludes in 2006/07 season, I'll quote this post ready for you.
yeh ok 2005/2006!
about what? :eek:
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
I can't see Arsenal challenging as they are unlikely to land any big transfers. United and Liverpool may, as will Everton and even Villa.
Glazer! I think not!
Rainy
Report 15 years ago
Seriously, I just don't like to call the shots to early. The media did it with Chelsea for the 'quad' and look what happened.
Well I never thought it was completely past you, but I think nearly everyone agreed that that it just couldn't happen. What newspapers do you read? The Sun and Daily Mail? Concerning sport, the only role the media have is to provoke sensationalism. :rolleyes:

Next season will be far more straightforward - concerning the title anyway. Below Chelsea, I think (and hope) that everything will be far more open. I doubt you'll do the quad next season, but I'd tip you to improve on this one just gone.
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

MAYBE....BUT AFTER Arsenal NOT losing at all last season and playing the best premier footy in yrs...I wud've said they would DEFFO have retained it this season..esp since they started SO well..owt could happen!!!

Chelsea ARE ace...but don't discount the ace Gooners and the brill Man U...or even Liverpool...(esp if they get an equalyl rich chairman!)...

Hon..wiout that Russian Chairman...u wudnt av stood a chance for the title..it wud've been between Arsenal and Man U again.... :p: ..THAT is true..u were a strong team b4 the funding..but NOT THAT strong at all....that money has made u wot u r...fair enough takes talent to tunr the money into success...but u bought the cream of teh crop... :rolleyes: ...if Man U or Arsenal ad done the same...they wudve won the title even easier...cos Ferguson and Wenger are class!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
about what? :eek:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ht#post2148911

I'm showing his confidence. :rolleyes:
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought moaning was Arsenal's heritage?
ok...FAIR enough...Arsene..Pires do moan..but give us some flack....look what UR players say in da papers...EVERY TEAM moans! :p:

WOT is with the Arsenal bashing on HERE? YES we can cheat sumtimes and be mucky..but so can ANY FLIPPING team..and we can top of air play league..REMEMBER THAT!!!

I am FAR from a Man U fan...but come on u reds..alnog wi Liverpool..we gotta TEACH Chelsea to not get too big fro their boots and dismiss u and us (Arsenal) in da blink of an eye

GOOD LUCK TOMOZ LIVERPOOL...love ya...! Do it for England and do it for da underdogs!

Try to respect Arsenal peeps for the play they do...look at da good...NOT the bad..there is bad in EVERY team... :p: :mad:
Right...me off wi Louis now...
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
Right...me off wi Louis now...
Louis or Louise??!! :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads