Watch
This discussion is closed.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Haras Sarah)
Agreed!!!!!!Bar England 5-1 Germany..jsut cos it is Gernmany..adn teh pub went WILD that night baby..grrrrrrrr...!!!!!!
Nah, this match is simply the greatest match ever!!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LIVERPOOL WERE FANTASTIC!

who would have thought they'd ever see Traore lift the CL trophy!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Youre right it should only be the champions but its not and it makes no sense to have the fourth placed teams from various nations playing but not the reigning champions simply because they finished a place too low in their domestic league.
Not even World Cup winners get to defend their trophy, they have to qualify now. The most you should get is a qualification place.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Greatest Night Of My Life!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WOW, i'm so happy now. I don't think its fair for people to critize liverpool now and be angry about the possibility of them getting a place in the competition next year. They played the best they have this year, I mean they got to the final for heavens sake!!! If it had been a team like bolton or middlesborough or another team who finished mid/low in the table there would not be such an outcry!!! Be happy an english team won it!! my god!!! :eek:
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Forget About Playing Next Season Think About That In 2 Weeks Not Now!!!!!

We Are The Champions!!!!!!!
Haras Sarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Nah, this match is simply the best thing ever!!
Agreed 50:50..this adn England v Germany..we will agree to disagree (both Eng and Liverpool were the underdogs..big up the underdogs!).....

LIVERPOOL FC

WELL DONE (except first-half performance!)

NEVER FELT SO PROUD TO BE ENGLISH..IN SPORTING SENSE (ALTHOUGH OLYMPICS MADE ME PROUD TOO!0
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thought Hyypia was superb... he played as well as Carra but he wont get the credit coz he aint scouse so from me to him... BIG UP SAMI!
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow!!! What did I say earlier about a game of 2 halves? It seems that little prediction came true. You know, throughout the match, I had an adrenaline rush, I was just moving around, doing exercise...this should happen more often! All this from a one-off Liverpool supporter.
Well done Liverpool! Guts and determination shone through in the end. Bet Gerrard was glad he stayed at Liverpool, aand bet Owen was gutted that he left.
DOJO
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
Right, you won 4 major games. At home you were beaten by teams such as the mighty, now relegated, Crystal Palace. A loooot more than 4 games, and you failed. Prespective my friend.
Didn't Man Utd lose to Norwich?

DIDN'T Milan lose 1-0 to Bologna?

DIDN'T CHELSEA lose Man city twice?

Anyway, league performance does not matter, the fact of the matter is we won the CL - and if we won it, we obviously deserve it.
veryjammy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As a Utd fan it pains me to say it but that was far better a comeback than our win 6 years ago. Then, Utd played crappy for 88 minutes and then scored 2 lucky goals. To be 3-0 down at half time to one of the best teams in the world, score 3 in 6 minutes and then hold on - well, wow. Congratulations Liverpool, I started out wanting AC Milan to win and by the end was totally cheering you on.

And THAT save in Extra Time - heart in mouth moment :eek:
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We are proud of liverpool Jerzy Dudek was really good...
TheSun
Report 15 years ago
I honestly don't see how Liverpool played that well. Their defense was a joke first half, Traore makes me laugh so much, the strike force was nowhere to be seen, only Gerards goal should have stood, and all through extra time it was the old '10 men behind the ball' routine.
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
bet Owen was gutted that he left.
OMG sooo true!!!
he even looked gutted when he was on the panel for their last match!!! I wonder if he'll want to talk to rafa sometime soon :rolleyes:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by veryjammy)
And THAT save in Extra Time - heart in mouth moment :eek:
Dudek was pretty good tonight. Imagine concedng 3 goals in the first half, but coming back to make some amazing saves to win your team the game!
I never thought I'd ever pay a team apart from Arsenal this many compliments!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Liverpool don't need Owen... Smicer all the way!!!!!!
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Wow!!! What did I say earlier about a game of 2 halves? It seems that little prediction came true. You know, throughout the match, I had an adrenaline rush, I was just moving around, doing exercise...this should happen more often! All this from a one-off Liverpool supporter.
Well done Liverpool! Guts and determination shone through in the end. Bet Gerrard was glad he stayed at Liverpool, aand bet Owen was gutted that he left.
LOL this is something Gerrard always wanted, now don't need to go anywhere else
rmyl
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheSun)
I honestly don't see how Liverpool played that well. Their defense was a joke first half, Traore makes me laugh so much, the strike force was nowhere to be seen, only Gerards goal should have stood, and all through extra time it was the old '10 men behind the ball' routine.
oh please!!! can't you just be happy for liverpool for once!! I know thats hard for an evertonian to do, but if everton had just won it in the same situation as liverpool have done, there would be no doubt who i'd be cheering for no matter what rivalry there is! Its a proud to be british moment!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
OMG sooo true!!!
he even looked gutted when he was on the panel for their last match!!! I wonder if he'll want to talk to rafa sometime soon :rolleyes:
You never know! If liverpool get a place in next year's champions league, he might just want to come back. Liverpool could have done with him in the premiership.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
21.04%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.77%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (66)
21.36%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.03%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.39%

Watched Threads